• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

I hope you're wrong too, but I'm not getting good vibes.

I haven't done the math, but it looks like they were designed in length and width to just barely clear the turn in the service canal and the bridge itself. If they plan on moving them in and out daily, that's a lot of finesse involved and likely a lot more 'bridge up' time required than RoE ever had.
Should be interesting to see if the Stargate can float out to WSL or if it needs to be lifted by Crane into WSL. If it needs a Crane, it's living in WSL until Harm. is replaced. If it can float out, Epcot maybe can do what they done it's whole life:

Move the barges out in the afternoon.

mnelson3

I hope you're wrong too, but I'm not getting good vibes.

I haven't done the math, but it looks like they were designed in length and width to just barely clear the turn in the service canal and the bridge itself. If they plan on moving them in and out daily, that's a lot of finesse involved and likely a lot more 'bridge up' time required than RoE ever had.

I guess it’s no different if they get moved in and out or sit in the middle of WS Lagoon, but it seems like they will take a big beating with weather elements and such just sitting out there. Unless they cover them somehow until show time?

Maybe they could park them on the sides of the lagoon somewhere and then move them into place later in the day?

jrhwdw

I guess it’s no different if they get moved in and out or sit in the middle of WS Lagoon, but it seems like they will take a big beating with weather elements and such just sitting out there. Unless they cover them somehow until show time?

Maybe they could park them on the sides of the lagoon somewhere and then move them into place later in the day?
Was ROE or any IllumiNations Barges kept undercover until WSL time? Or were they always outside?

The ROE Globe can't be easy to hide. Harm.'s Stargate is going to be even harder!

Last edited:

mnelson3

Was ROE or any IllumiNations Barges kept undercover until WSL time? Or were they always outside?

The ROE Globe can't be easy to hide. Harm.'s Stargate is going to be even harder!

No they were not covered. Probably wasn’t any safer backstage I guess lol.

mnelson3

Another thing that likely won’t be like the concept art is the arm spot lights. Unless they are using a different kind of lighting that’s more powerful and visible?

UNCgolf

Have we seen these arms moving at their top speed yet? I've genuinely wondered if/how that will work.

Like this:

david byrne GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom