News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

I don’t think it’s changed. For many reasons.

I’m guessing the release of a vaccine doesn’t trigger the nighttime show green light like some thought? I’m sure a vaccine is up there on the list, but if there’s more to it then that, what’s going to need to happen in order for any show to return?
With the Harmonious construction moving along, one would think there is some sort of a debut date in place? Or are they planning on finishing construction and letting the barges sit there?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’m guessing the release of a vaccine doesn’t trigger the nighttime show green light like some thought? I’m sure a vaccine is up there on the list, but if there’s more to it then that, what’s going to need to happen in order for any show to return?
With the Harmonious construction moving along, one would think there is some sort of a debut date in place? Or are they planning on finishing construction and letting the barges sit there?

The availability of a vaccine really should have any direct impact on what precautions are taken, those should be based on the infection numbers. A vaccine is just one tool to get those numbers down.

drew81

While not trying to be Debbie Downer, Walt Disney Entertainment has been decimated.
Leadership with 100+ combined years of experience have been pushed out the door. Shows will also need to be blocked again.

While not saying shows and spectaculars won’t return, it will take much labor, time and work will need to be put in to get them running.

And then there’s the whole “guests are paying for less than 1/2 the experience-why should we be in a hurry to reopen them”.

Magic Feather

While not trying to be Debbie Downer, Walt Disney Entertainment has been decimated.
Leadership with 100+ combined years of experience have been pushed out the door. Shows will also need to be blocked again.

While not saying shows and spectaculars won’t return, it will take much labor, time and work will need to be put in to get them running.

And then there’s the whole “guests are paying for less than 1/2 the experience-why should we be in a hurry to reopen them”.
What makes me really sad about the whole thing is how we were really close to getting some of the best shows on property back in the week following reopening before the equity dispute stopped it from happening. (Not blaming the union, they had valid points, but it's still frustrating to see the domino effect) Now, we'll be really lucky to see any of these shows back before Summer 2021.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No

Thanks for bringing some reality into the conversation. It's been beyond obvious there is more to this than a VaCcInE keeping stuff from moving ahead.

Last edited:

techgeek

What makes me really sad about the whole thing is how we were really close to getting some of the best shows on property back in the week following reopening before the equity dispute stopped it from happening. (Not blaming the union, they had valid points, but it's still frustrating to see the domino effect) Now, we'll be really lucky to see any of these shows back before Summer 2021.

It's very telling that we have not yet seen some of the 'flagship' shows return (or really, ANY shows return..), even when it seems like they could now help divert some crowds from the ride queue situation.

I suspect we'll see shows like Indy, FotLK, maybe even a castle show return (in some modified fashion) before they attempt or staff for anything at night. Due to its larger labor requirements and close working quarters, F! would be among the last things I think we'll see back on the schedule.

gerarar

Premium Member
A reliable source said here already that it takes hundreds of people to run Fantamsic! every night, and currently there’s not enough people left to even run the show anytime soon. It’s gonna be a really long while before we get a show like that back to resume nightly.

HEA obviously needs less people to run it, but I would assume the same applies there.

jrhwdw

A reliable source said here already that it takes hundreds of people to run Fantamsic! every night, and currently there’s not enough people left to even run the show anytime soon. It’s gonna be a really long while before we get a show like that back to resume nightly.

HEA obviously needs less people to run it, but I would assume the same applies there.
Well, SWO and USF found their Pyro People. Also, USF just returned CineCele now, not summer like SWO, so before Yesterday WDW and USF was in the same boat: No Pyro since Early March.

Ldno

They are not understaffed, they just cut the extra people working the shifts and possible after hour events or fully manning restaurants, meets and greets. they know what it takes to run a park but still It feels like there’s a CM in every corner now.

@marni1971 - Now that Universal Orlando and SeaWorld have both returned nightime spectaculars show, where do you think Disney's stance is on this?

Policing a large crowd with the lights out sounds daunting, but assuming you can properly space people before the show, you would think there might be a safe way to execute this.

My take is HEA and F! would be doable, but problematic unless they limited guests for spacing reasons. Maybe a ticketed experience/reservation could solve that problem, but I think limiting the current guests that were at MK or HS for the day would just aggravate the guests who missed their shot. Then it's sort of a ROI thing, is it worth for a smaller audience?

Epcot Forever, however, has plenty of spacing around World Showcase. This is the first nightime spectacular show I expect to return. I'd still imagine it's very complicated. Once people get to their spot, they'd have to be semi-restricted until the show has finished. Still, you could work with the current capacity limits (25%) and it would absolutely boost WS shops and restaurants and help balance the demand of the other parks.

Of course park hopping adds another wrinkle into all this...
Thank You!!! See that’s where I’m at, I know some people don’t care about Universal or Sea World but if we noticed, Disney’s usually about a month behind and quite frankly I have been snooping about The Epcot map and Disney world app and noticed they add the France expansion and labeled the ride on the official map! I’m just naively full of hope I guess By the end of the year they will be more transparency about Harmonious and maybe get some space 220 action or something.

Attachments

• 508CA0C0-8E50-4378-B5D8-E9ADE1315B51.jpg
    508CA0C0-8E50-4378-B5D8-E9ADE1315B51.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 75748711-55C5-4B07-96B0-8831A8B8E67E.jpg
    75748711-55C5-4B07-96B0-8831A8B8E67E.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 105

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Well, SWO and USF found their Pyro People. Also, USF just returned CineCele now, not summer like SWO, so before Yesterday WDW and USF was in the same boat: No Pyro since Early March.
SWO uses a third party for their fireworks productions. This was the case for Ignite, but I am not sure about this summer. Personally I think you're getting too obsessed to the prospect of fireworks at Disney within the next 6 months. I think the sooner you accept its not gonna happen the less tense you'll be. I empathize, though. I am the same with my beloved concerts.
They are not understaffed, they just cut the extra people working the shifts
That's literally the definition of under staffed 🤔

nickys

Premium Member
They are not understaffed, they just cut the extra people working the shifts and possible after hour events or fully manning restaurants, meets and greets. they know what it takes to run a park but still It feels like there’s a CM in every corner now.

They cut most of the technical teams and behind shows, parades etc as well as many of the performers. As well as all the CMs who work “front of house” for the entertainment.

So as far as bringing back the shows and parades go, they are understaffed. They would need to re-hire in order to do so.

I think that was the point being made.

Giss Neric

Disney likely doesn't want the PR disaster that would come with having firework right now. Let us not forget the firestorm that erupted when they performed HEA to a pack Magic Kingdom the last night of operation back in March. Universal and SeaWorld can get away with it because, frankly, nobody really cares about those two parks. (Not meant to be shady but it's true).
This is so true. Disney has always been put on a pedestal and by this they are easily the number one target (most times the only target) for criticisms and hate. Universal never really got that hate when they had their layoffs.

They even have Anti Disney YouTube channels like this

Movielover

Yeah it's a huge production, both front of house and back. However this huge down time and the more-than-certain need to re-cast and re-train the show would be a excellent opportunity to update the show itself. While I don't think it needs to go all out like 2.0 over in Disneyland, a general refresh (Which I think has been happening) and maybe replacing Pocahontas with a different movie (Moana, Tangled, dear god NOT Frozen, etc) would go a long way.

gerarar

Premium Member
Yeah it's a huge production, both front of house and back. However this huge down time and the more-than-certain need to re-cast and re-train the show would be a excellent opportunity to update the show itself. While I don't think it needs to go all out like 2.0 over in Disneyland, a general refresh (Which I think has been happening) and maybe replacing Pocahontas with a different movie (Moana, Tangled, dear god NOT Frozen, etc) would go a long way.
I agree! Imagine bringing back the show just in time for the 50th and it’s a whole new show! A general refresh is pretty much every F! fan’s wish at this point. I think Moana would work really well with the mountain. Also trimming down the bubble segment would go a long way.

They’ve already upgraded the lasers and projections in the past couple years. The fountains, projection mapping, and lighting are pretty much what’s left tech wise that needs upgrades imo.

Movielover

I agree! Imagine bringing back the show just in time for the 50th and it’s a whole new show! A general refresh is pretty much every F! fan’s wish at this point. I think Moana would work really well with the mountain. Also trimming down the bubble segment would go a long way.
Trying not to derail the thread but yeah,

I was thinking of movies that would fit well with the mountain setting of the theater and Moana and Tangled are the 2 that I think fit best. With Moana you would have the tribe sailing in the canoes and Moana and Maui on the mountain, just not sure what "action scene" could take place on the mountain itself. With Tangled you can easily reuse the canoes and have them pass by with the lanterns held, then have the action scene on the mountain be the fight/ chase that happens in the movie. Even disguise John Smith's swing rope as Rapunzel's hair and haver her make the swing. So many ideas they could try.

They’ve already upgraded the lasers and projections in the past couple years. The fountains, projection mapping, and lighting are pretty much what’s left tech wise that needs upgrades imo.
I could actually do without the projection mapping, or at least to the extreme that is 2.o. IMO it clutters the action up too much and makes it a bit of a visual mess.

ImperfectPixie

Trying not to derail the thread but yeah,

I was thinking of movies that would fit well with the mountain setting of the theater and Moana and Tangled are the 2 that I think fit best. With Moana you would have the tribe sailing in the canoes and Moana and Maui on the mountain, just not sure what "action scene" could take place on the mountain itself. With Tangled you can easily reuse the canoes and have them pass by with the lanterns held, then have the action scene on the mountain be the fight/ chase that happens in the movie. Even disguise John Smith's swing rope as Rapunzel's hair and haver her make the swing. So many ideas they could try.

I could actually do without the projection mapping, or at least to the extreme that is 2.o. IMO it clutters the action up too much and makes it a bit of a visual mess.
When they go to see Tamatoa? They have to jump down a vertical shaft to get to him.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It would. But budgets are being cut beyond necessities, not increased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom