News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Giss Neric

Disney likely doesn't want the PR disaster that would come with having firework right now. Let us not forget the firestorm that erupted when they performed HEA to a pack Magic Kingdom the last night of operation back in March. Universal and SeaWorld can get away with it because, frankly, nobody really cares about those two parks. (Not meant to be shady but it's true).
This is so true. Disney has always been put on a pedestal and by this they are easily the number one target (most times the only target) for criticisms and hate. Universal never really got that hate when they had their layoffs.

They even have Anti Disney YouTube channels like this

Movielover

Advertisement
A reliable source said here already that it takes hundreds of people to run Fantamsic! every night, and currently there’s not enough people left to even run the show anytime soon. It’s gonna be a really long while before we get a show like that back to resume nightly.
Yeah it's a huge production, both front of house and back. However this huge down time and the more-than-certain need to re-cast and re-train the show would be a excellent opportunity to update the show itself. While I don't think it needs to go all out like 2.0 over in Disneyland, a general refresh (Which I think has been happening) and maybe replacing Pocahontas with a different movie (Moana, Tangled, dear god NOT Frozen, etc) would go a long way.

gerarar

Yeah it's a huge production, both front of house and back. However this huge down time and the more-than-certain need to re-cast and re-train the show would be a excellent opportunity to update the show itself. While I don't think it needs to go all out like 2.0 over in Disneyland, a general refresh (Which I think has been happening) and maybe replacing Pocahontas with a different movie (Moana, Tangled, dear god NOT Frozen, etc) would go a long way.
I agree! Imagine bringing back the show just in time for the 50th and it’s a whole new show! A general refresh is pretty much every F! fan’s wish at this point. I think Moana would work really well with the mountain. Also trimming down the bubble segment would go a long way.

They’ve already upgraded the lasers and projections in the past couple years. The fountains, projection mapping, and lighting are pretty much what’s left tech wise that needs upgrades imo.

Movielover

I agree! Imagine bringing back the show just in time for the 50th and it’s a whole new show! A general refresh is pretty much every F! fan’s wish at this point. I think Moana would work really well with the mountain. Also trimming down the bubble segment would go a long way.
Trying not to derail the thread but yeah,

I was thinking of movies that would fit well with the mountain setting of the theater and Moana and Tangled are the 2 that I think fit best. With Moana you would have the tribe sailing in the canoes and Moana and Maui on the mountain, just not sure what "action scene" could take place on the mountain itself. With Tangled you can easily reuse the canoes and have them pass by with the lanterns held, then have the action scene on the mountain be the fight/ chase that happens in the movie. Even disguise John Smith's swing rope as Rapunzel's hair and haver her make the swing. So many ideas they could try.

They’ve already upgraded the lasers and projections in the past couple years. The fountains, projection mapping, and lighting are pretty much what’s left tech wise that needs upgrades imo.
I could actually do without the projection mapping, or at least to the extreme that is 2.o. IMO it clutters the action up too much and makes it a bit of a visual mess.

ImperfectPixie

Trying not to derail the thread but yeah,

I was thinking of movies that would fit well with the mountain setting of the theater and Moana and Tangled are the 2 that I think fit best. With Moana you would have the tribe sailing in the canoes and Moana and Maui on the mountain, just not sure what "action scene" could take place on the mountain itself. With Tangled you can easily reuse the canoes and have them pass by with the lanterns held, then have the action scene on the mountain be the fight/ chase that happens in the movie. Even disguise John Smith's swing rope as Rapunzel's hair and haver her make the swing. So many ideas they could try.

I could actually do without the projection mapping, or at least to the extreme that is 2.o. IMO it clutters the action up too much and makes it a bit of a visual mess.
When they go to see Tamatoa? They have to jump down a vertical shaft to get to him.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
It would. But budgets are being cut beyond necessities, not increased.

Rteetz

There is a desire to get a show running at Epcot along with Ratatouille opening once we have a vaccine.
Just curious, but are there plans (I would assume there are contingencies) if a vaccine doesn't come or is not widely available as soon as we all hope?

mnelson3

Just curious, but are there plans (I would assume there are contingencies) if a vaccine doesn't come or is not widely available as soon as we all hope?

Curious to. Though different, Universal didn’t wait for a vaccine. I also think what Epcot could do and what MK or DHS could do is very different. Epcot has more spacing possibilities.

Ldno

Epcot could get away with virtual queue the old fast pass + viewing area or other areas evenly spacing out guests by Having different shows at different times, i think, i don’t know, would be interesting to see how Universal and Sea world execute this

Notes from Neverland

That's the big question. Seems like so many are positive a vaccine is imminent, but a safe vaccine without side effects distributed effectively could face a boatload of issues along the way.

mnelson3

Epcot could get away with virtual queue the old fast pass + viewing area or other areas evenly spacing out guests by Having different shows at different times, i think, i don’t know, would be interesting to see how Universal and Sea world execute this

Well, Epcot has never had multiple shows. That I know of. Oh course who knows what Harmonious will be capable of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom