News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Tom P.

To our insiders: Do we know the budget for this show? Bigger than ROE? Has it been already approved and nothing can touch it moving forward?
Nothing is truly set in stone until the checks have actually been written. Disney can always pull back and make budget cuts or (admittedly far less likely) approve a change that costs more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nothing is truly set in stone until the checks have actually been written. Disney can always pull back and make budget cuts or (admittedly far less likely) approve a change that costs more.

That should be on a plaque at the top of the forum...

And all the other Disney sites too 😬

gljvd

getting married the end of june at Disney and have a desert party scheduled for the 26th. Dunno if I want the time line moved up so I get the new show or for it to stay as is. I don't really have any feelings either way on the current show.

EPICOT

Also @MisterPenguin's comment about the potential name and sponsor. The name more interesting to me than the sponsor

Since reflections of earth was literal in the current Illuminations, I'm expecting Windows on the World to also be literal. But how they are going to do this effect IDK.

Hmmm... maybe the drones could be used to literally put a frame/window around a particular country. This would then transition to the IP from that country. It could be similar to an older Illuminations where each country was individually highlighted.

iMax

As much as I'm gonna miss Illuminations, I think I'm gonna miss the special tags more than the regular show. 4th, POE, and NYE always were a must see, I hope they at least keep the amount of fireworks that they launch for all those tags the same (especially 4th and NYE, those two cause earthquakes.)

eliza61nyc

Did you watch any of Martin's tribute video to Epcot's past attractions?
probably not, I think I saw one of his post but I'm just not one to go around lamenting the "good old days" so I may have glimpsed a few minutes of it.

Hey...have you been to toy story land??
lol yes and unfortunately Sir, I liked TSL so evidently I was told that I had "low class taste" (lol, which is definitely possible but didn't know i needed a blood test to enjoy the parks). Evidently I'm not one of the "purist" so I was also told that evidently I don't know a good theme park attraction.

I do hope they still have those "illuminations" cruises, I'm retiring next year and plan on having my retirement party at the world, wanted to rent one.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
probably not, I think I saw one of his post but I'm just not one to go around lamenting the "good old days" so I may have glimpsed a few minutes of it.

lol yes and unfortunately Sir, I liked TSL so evidently I was told that I had "low class taste" (lol, which is definitely possible but didn't know i needed a blood test to enjoy the parks). Evidently I'm not one of the "purist" so I was also told that evidently I don't know a good theme park attraction.

I do hope they still have those "illuminations" cruises, I'm retiring next year and plan on having my retirement party at the world, wanted to rent one.

I wouldn’t say “low class”...

But it’s not good. Even if you like the theming...which is an obvious step down...they failed to come even close to handling a crowd. It was a mess on th slow days I was there.

Or...and this is worse...they purposefully underbuilt it to “drive demand”

If that’s the case, then we have much bigger problems.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I guess my biggest problem, though, is that I just don't see how anything Disney has planned for Epcot right now is taking away the park's uniqueness.
It’s being filled with IP and attractions that could be expected to be found in a castle or studios park?

It’s a park no longer connected to or worthy of its name. Either of them.

rle4lunch

Filling EPCOT with yearly topiary displays (don't get me wrong, they're beautiful) and festivals to keep foot traffic in the parks in the 'slow' months (no such thing anymore) should've been the first sign that they needed to do something else with the park besides, say, the relatively nothing they've done in 20 years with it. The uniqueness of the glass blower guy, and now the train set going away sting a bit, but I'm up for any updates that they can do to the park. Getting rid of the stale RoE, adding Rat and the other stuff, IP or not, will boost the park and give some sort of life to a flailing, less than stellar park that is starting not to deserve repeat visits...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom