News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Figments Friend

You're right! They should just take a fire hose and blast water across the lagoon instead. The falling water will make a perfectly smooth playing surface!

Dear god, I wonder if some of these people have ever been in a storm once in their lives to see what rain does when a little bit of wind comes though.

They just need to view that ol' Pre-Show that used to play over at that ol' Living Seas Pavilion for a quick refresh ....

"....and it rained....and rained.....and rained. "
" The deluge...!"

;)

-

Giss Neric

Dollywood is not a coaster park, although they do have some very unique coasters.

For train fans Dollywood has the best narrow gauge steam train ride east of Colorado with coal burning steam locomotives tackling 3.5% grades. Doesn’t get better than that.

They have great live entertainment including theatre shows, bird show, and atmosphere entertainment. (They have 2 fantastic string bands as well as Miss Lillian, one of the best streetmosphere performers you’ll ever find.)

They have a bald eagle sanctuary where you can see eagles that currently can’t survive in the wild in a natural habitat.

Lots of craft demonstrations - glass blowing, leather Smith, blacksmith, candle making, etc.

Season Fireworks.

Trust me... it’s a great theme park and well worth a visit as is sister park Silver Dollar City.

Certainly the largest use of exposed lighting fixtures. I’m guessing world of color has more fixtures though. Fantasmic might as well but not sure.
How dare you not include Dollywood's iconic Cinnamon Bread LOL! That alone is worth the admission and the calories. It's like Gaston's Tavern cinnamon roll but more heart put into it.

Giss Neric

Don’t think we determined this yet but I really do hope the How Far I’ll Go/Go The Distance is not the finale of Harm. IMO it sounds to weak and it needs to be a original song that ends the show in a big impressive way. Unfortunately though it does sound like it could be the shows finale.

I hope in the next update we get a preview of more of the soundtrack. Like they showed us of the recording HEAs soundtrack.
I think there is going to be a beginning and ending original song and those will be in the middle. Besides HEA already has Go to Distance as a semi-finale music.

In the Parks
Yes
I'm always allowing for a complete disaster. It could happen!

I just don't like criticisms bases on faulty info or logic.

That these components aren't made for outdoor water shows is clearly a faulty claim, at worst, they possibly could be *poorly made* for outdoor water shows. WDI has made faulty things in the past, like most of the outdoor queuing at Toy Story Land which was immediately falling apart and peeling. But we won't know that until the testing and/or shows run.

If people's opinions are it's awful, I can see that, and won't argue it. If they say it's awful because of X, and X isn't true, I'm speaking up.

People have complained it's off-centered. It is. It bothers me, too. There's no half-fulling that. I sent a complaint to WDW about it.
How tall is the stargate ? Is it possible that it is off-center to keep it from getting in the way of the laser that projects from the AA to SSE ??

TTA94

At 28 seconds in this video it immediately made me think of what the Harmonious arms would look like all decorated. If Steve Davison is doing this show as well, it wouldn’t surprise me if there are similarities. Except I’m 99% sure Tokyo’s version will be way better. I saw another video or picture of them testing projections onto the viewing area buildings.

TTA94

I mean, I am sure the TDS show is going to be spectacular, but I don’t think it’s the most fair comparison. Very different lagoon, much closer to audience, shows generally put on are almost like parades on the water, and with live performers.

Not saying the current setup in World Showcase is okay. But very different shows for very different lagoons.

That is true that they are very different lagoons. TDS has better backstage access. But aside from the moving abilities, it still shows what they could, or could have, done with Harms barges. But I know the reality is way different budgets.

TTA94

Guess Harm will not be debuting in October, or anything else for that matter, “currently”, based on what marni had said in the 50th thread.

TTA94

Current can change tomorrow.

All depends on what’s going through Chapeks mind lol. Could be more to it than just how many get vaccinated and case number amounts. I still think May or June will tell us more. We have to get through Spring Break first.

Thelazer

As an LD by career, many clients are concerned that too many fixtures and trussing, etc. are visually exposed. It’s amazing to me that Disney is fine with this.

Even a hard rock metal band I worked for requested I add a drape to cover vertical trussing. They thought it looked too “80’s rock n roll.”

They USED to care big time about this..... BIG TIME.
Couldn't have a single fixture showing up in the daylight or you'd get an email from park ops, if not the GM themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom