News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

Not that they are going to do this but even a colorful covering on the barges would do wonders, more or less. I don’t know if that gray covering they have rolled back on the arms and arch is the final look or what. I’ve said it before but the concept art showed the arms to be gold.

I’m still holding out hope the bottom parts will be covered in some way. Which again will help.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The manage to continually make it look worse. Bravo.
Can you imagine how "good" it will look after a couple of months of continuous operation.

Come on, we all know how this is going to work.

Recirculating all that nasty lagoon water through the pumps and nozzles, spraying it all over everything and getting it all nice and rusty and covered in filth. Water and show effects failing with intricate mechanical components breaking down and not being able to be fixed because of their complexity and show time table. Eventually it becomes an even bigger hulking mess that no one has the resources or time to fix, which results in watered down (no pun) show that audiences become quickly bored of.

But I'm sure the top notch maintenance teams at Epcot, (the same one that kept the fountain of nations in tip top shape) will have no problem keeping this heaping hot mess of a Instagram fever dream of Imagineer Extraordinaire Zach Ridley's ego, working like champ.

trainplane3

Can you imagine how "good" it will look after a couple of months of continuous operation.

Come on, we all know how this is going to work.

Recirculating all that nasty lagoon water through the pumps and nozzles, spraying it all over everything and getting it all nice and rusty and covered in filth. Water and show effects failing with intricate mechanical components breaking down and not being able to be fixed because of their complexity and show time table. Eventually it becomes an even bigger hulking mess that no one has the resources or time to fix, which results in watered down (no pun) show that audiences become quickly bored of.

But I'm sure the top notch maintenance teams at Epcot, (the same one that kept the fountain of nations in tip top shape) will have no problem keeping this heaping hot mess of a Instagram fever dream of Imagineer Extraordinaire Zach Ridley's ego, working like champ.
"Something something as it ages, the colors look like Mary Blair!" - Instagramineer

Giss Neric

"More Disney....."
EwoRhUYUUAESK3K.jpg

Surfin' Tuna

My 9 year old finally saw a picture of this and said, "what's that, please don't tell me that's at the park." I told her what it was, and she said, "why would they do that, the earth was much better?" This is their target audience, and she hates it. Uh oh...

I get why us old people who were inspired by Epcot hate this stuff, but to ruin your "more Disney" park for a kid takes real talent.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just rewatched my American Adventure edit. It pains me to see an attraction where so much thought and planning was given to something as small as an extra audio channel and speaker just for Ben Franklin’s squeaking chair, then you can step outside and see a disaster in the making.

Today’s company is a lifetime away from the quality and standards of old. At least. They can quote out of context speeches from years gone by in a desperate attempt to justify their current decisions but those who are meant to know better just don’t have a clue.

Last edited:

montyz81

I just rewatched my American Adventure edit. It pains me to see an attraction where so much thought and planning was given to something as small as an extra audio channel and speaker just for Ben Franklin’s squeaking chair, then you can step outside and see a disaster in the making.

Today’s company is a lifetime away from the quality and standards of old. At least. They can quote out of context speeches from years gone by in a desperate attempt to justify their current decisions. Those who are meant to know better just don’t have a clue.
This is painful to read from such a diehard fan. Given that you know more than most, I just wonder if having hope that we will all be surprised is even worth it.

Question: Will Harmonious be playing in June?

TTA94

This is painful to read from such a diehard fan. Given that you know more than most, I just wonder if having hope that we will all be surprised is even worth it.

Question: Will Harmonious be playing in June?

There is currently no dates. Epcot Forever is rumored to return before Harmonious, but not confirmed.

We need to keep in mind there is the possibility of delays not related to Covid such as construction related or testing/programming related. With all the effects, mechanical components and tech there is definitely potential for things to not go as planned.

TTA94

@marni1971 Have you heard if the barges have some type of filtration system? Not necessarily for the sake of guests getting sprayed on lol but for the sake of the equipment and tech?

dennis-in-ct

I am willing to reserve judgement until I see it in person. The depth of field collapses in the photo and is not representative of how it looks in person.
In my opinion, the old Illuminations globe was lost in the vast size of the lagoon. People struggled and had to be mindful to get a particular viewing spot whereas I feel these large barges are better scaled for the space and will be more visible, in a GOOD way, to the guests around the lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom