News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

danlb_2000

Premium Member
All true. But if they were 2-3 months from launch in March 2020... I don’t buy that it became 15 months when they restarted in July 2020... or that it’s 7 months now, when we know most of the barges are in the water already. We know supply chains have all normalized. Universal didn’t have any trouble finishing the velociraptor. There are no major supply problems of other products.

For Covid safety reasons or marketing strategy, they may put off harmonious till October or later. But from a pure construction standpoint, they could have it ready within a month or two, if they wanted to.

Can't speak for construction, but I am in the manufacturing and distribution business and supply chain is still an issue in areas.

Disney can almost always have things done faster then the choose to.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
All true. But if they were 2-3 months from launch in March 2020... I don’t buy that it became 15 months when they restarted in July 2020... or that it’s 7 months now, when we know most of the barges are in the water already. We know supply chains have all normalized. Universal didn’t have any trouble finishing the velociraptor. There are no major supply problems of other products.

For Covid safety reasons or marketing strategy, they may put off harmonious till October or later. But from a pure construction standpoint, they could have it ready within a month or two, if they wanted to.

havoc315

And where is the evidence that this has delayed fireworks development or theme park projects?

I stick to evidence and facts. I see the barges fully in the water. Not half built barges waiting on steel.

bpiper

"There are no major supply problems of other products." Oh yes there is.... Have you gone down the pet food aisle lately. Wet cat food is very spotty. They get the fish frozen from south east Asia. My favorite Pepperidge farm cookies have been out of stock for a month. I ran into the Pepperidge farm stocker in the aisle one day and asked about it. She said that the bakeries have been hit with shutdowns. When several people on a shift test positive, they send the shift home for quarantining and shut the factory down for cleaning. So they are only making the most popular cookies and goldfish flavors right now when the bakeries are running. She said that they hope to be open full time again for baking in late April.

The rollercoaster at Universal doesn't count. The track and material would have been produced back in 2019, pre-pandemic. It is all shipped to the customer at once at the beginning of construction and stored until the individual parts are needed. There are photos of the storage yards of both Disney and Universal with all the coaster parts sitting there from the very beginning of the construction.

I saw this article.... 26 container ships are at anchor waiting to unload at the ports of Long Beach and LA. Normally there is only 1.
Containers are sitting in the yard for 8 days before they are sent on their way, up from 3 days. There is a worldwide shortage of containers because so many are tied up with sitting on anchored ships and aren't promptly returning to Asia to be refilled. They delays are all to high demand for products from homebound Americans, and short staffing at the terminals due to longshoremen out sick with Covid.

Those frozen fish for the wet cat food, probably on one of ships, sitting out there.

Here is another example of the disruptions in the supply chain.

havoc315

"There are no major supply problems of other products." Oh yes there is.... Have you gone down the pet food aisle lately. Wet cat food is very spotty. They get the fish frozen from south east Asia. My favorite Pepperidge farm cookies have been out of stock for a month. I ran into the Pepperidge farm stocker in the aisle one day and asked about it. She said that the bakeries have been hit with shutdowns. When several people on a shift test positive, they send the shift home for quarantining and shut the factory down for cleaning. So they are only making the most popular cookies and goldfish flavors right now when the bakeries are running. She said that they hope to be open full time again for baking in late April.

The rollercoaster at Universal doesn't count. The track and material would have been produced back in 2019, pre-pandemic. It is all shipped to the customer at once at the beginning of construction and stored until the individual parts are needed. There are photos of the storage yards of both Disney and Universal with all the coaster parts sitting there from the very beginning of the construction.

I saw this article.... 26 container ships are at anchor waiting to unload at the ports of Long Beach and LA. Normally there is only 1.
Containers are sitting in the yard for 8 days before they are sent on their way, up from 3 days. There is a worldwide shortage of containers because so many are tied up with sitting on anchored ships and aren't promptly returning to Asia to be refilled. They delays are all to high demand for products from homebound Americans, and short staffing at the terminals due to longshoremen out sick with Covid.

Those frozen fish for the wet cat food, probably on one of ships, sitting out there.

Here is another example of the disruptions in the supply chain.

Harmonious was in the same boat as the Universal roller coaster... Disney already had the parts and most of the assembly done pre-Covid.

lazyboy97o

Harmonious was in the same boat as the Universal roller coaster... Disney already had the parts and most of the assembly done pre-Covid.
You keep focusing just on the large barges. There is a lot more than just those few big pieces. Delays could be caused by something as small as chips for show controllers.

havoc315

You keep focusing just on the large barges. There is a lot more than just those few big pieces. Delays could be caused by something as small as chips for show controllers.

They were test launching fireworks last year.
They have the parts.
They wouldn’t have announced a spring 2020 opening, if the physical construction wasn’t in the final phase at the time.

They wouldn’t currently be testing the physical effects, if they were still waiting for major physical components.

bpiper

That's the stargate. The taco's haven't been built yet.

Where are the pictures of all the part's sitting around for assembly into these monstrosities?

Once the stargate and taco's were assembled, Disney then had to fit them out with all the electrical conduit, pumps and high pressure water lines. Those items would have been delivered right before needed, but since it was all during Covid, there would have been delays in getting them from the manufacturers. Never mind delays in construction due to social distancing. There isn't a lot of room to work in the tacos.

What I want to know is how much did that crane rental cost. That is a VERY high capacity lift crane. Just the amount of trucks needed to move all of its parts....
I shudder to think what its rental cost could have done to upgrade the parks.

bpiper

They have the parts.
They wouldn’t have announced a spring 2020 opening, if the physical construction wasn’t in the final phase at the time.

They wouldn’t currently be testing the physical effects, if they were still waiting for major physical components.
Just because they are testing some parts doesn't mean that they might be missing other parts....
If your waiting anyway.... Test what you can.... Saves time later if some of it doesn't work right, looking at you ROL, you can make adjustments.

For instance, maybe Spring 2020 was before OPS said no daily bridge openings, so the design had to reevaluated to see if running the fountains all day was feasible and practible.

havoc315

There is only so much you can see on those barges from the pictures, there are tons of components we can't see. It only takes one missing part to shut down the whole thing.

That’s pure speculation. Go ahead, cite a source that says they are waiting on parts that won’t be available for 6 months.

The timing of Harmonious, at this juncture, has nothing to do with the construction. That’s very clear.

lazyboy97o

They have the parts.

I gave an example of a rather small piece of hardware and you went right back to big things.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That’s pure speculation. Go ahead, cite a source that says they are waiting on parts that won’t be available for 6 months.

The timing of Harmonious, at this juncture, has nothing to do with the construction. That’s very clear.

And you assertion that every thing is fine and moving along as scheduled is also pure speculation.

havoc315

And you assertion that every thing is fine and moving along as scheduled is also pure speculation.

No... it’s not speculation. It’s based on the evidence, the timeline they announced pre-Covid.
What “part” are they waiting on for Magic Kingdom fireworks?
what is the missing “part” that’s preventing Epcot Forever?
Chapek has said that entertainment decisions are about social distancing... he has never said “we lost all our fireworks technology during Covid and it will take years to rebuild”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom