News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Giss Neric

Will Harm even be finished by Summer? Based on, I believe it was Zack, who said Harm was still in the early stages. That doesn’t give the impression it will be ready to go by July.
Four months is still a long way to go and a lot could happen/progress. If they could bring in the last two taco barges within this month or next, then the real testing begins. If fireworks gets a green light to come back then July opening is very likely.

TTA94

Four months is still a long way to go and a lot could happen/progress. If they could bring in the last two taco barges within this month or next, then the real testing begins. If fireworks gets a green light to come back then July opening is very likely.

Thought the plan was to bring back EF first?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just wondering if it may be a point of concern. The Florida Fresh Water Brain Eating Omeba that was the cause of the permanent closure of the River Country Water Park (back in the day) and a reason No Swimming signs were and are posted at all WDW bodies of water that are not pools is still around lurking in the water. It's not just alligators and snakes that lurk in the water. Would pumping large volumes of water from World Showcase Lagoon and spraying it high into the air exposing guests to the mist be wise?

this was an issue when things disturbed the bottom. Pumps don’t run around and disturb the bottom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thought the plan was to bring back EF first?
Alright, we told you this enough times that you should know:

There are no plans set in stone. Everything is up in the air.

If you keep asking "What's going to happen?" and expect any other answer that, "Nobody, including Disney, knows for sure," then you haven't been paying attention to all the people answering the questions you keep constantly asking.

TTA94

Alright, we told you this enough times that you should know:

There are no plans set in stone. Everything is up in the air.

If you keep asking "What's going to happen?" and expect any other answer that, "Nobody, including Disney, knows for sure," then you haven't been paying attention to all the people answering the questions you keep constantly asking.

I’m not normally one to be rude on here like some apparently, but with all due respect that question wasn’t directed toward you. Secondly there are several others on here that have been asking similar questions, which last I knew this was a discussion board and thirdly I do pay attention. But thanks. Have a great evening.

Giss Neric

Joe Biden has directed states to make all American adults eligible for coronavirus vaccines by 1 May and set an audacious goal of 4 July for gatherings to celebrate "Independence" from the deadly pandemic.

Meaning there is chance it could debut by July 4th.

cjkeating

The recent track record with fountains has just not been that good. Thinking of Rivers of Light water screens. It is almost like they have forgotten everything that was picked up during the development of Fantasmic and what is/isn't possible. Obviously Florida gusty winds are a problem, but that is going to be a recurring issue. I think someone somewhere has really oversold the cloaking capabilities - at least based on what we have seen so far.
Better get the hedges on wheels out.

MaximumEd

Joe Biden has directed states to make all American adults eligible for coronavirus vaccines by 1 May and set an audacious goal of 4 July for gatherings to celebrate "Independence" from the deadly pandemic.

Meaning there is chance it could debut by July 4th.
The government giving me “permission” to celebrate Independence Day outdoors if I behave properly.....lolz. Before I get piled on, I get my first dose April 5th, and I haven’t set foot in my Dad’s house in a year. Just found that whole bit ironical and humorous.

Movielover

I thought he said small gatherings of family?

Aren't we all a family when we visit the Disney Parks and Resorts?

One...

happy-family.jpg

Big...

happy-family.jpg

Happy...

shutterstock_15995431.jpg

Not You...

harmonious-epcot-ring-barge-installed.png

Family!

inside-the-weird-sad-family-feud-over-walt-disneys-400-million-fortune.jpg

;)

Giss Neric

The government giving me “permission” to celebrate Independence Day outdoors if I behave properly.....lolz. Before I get piled on, I get my first dose April 5th, and I haven’t set foot in my Dad’s house in a year. Just found that whole bit ironical and humorous.
Seriously, a year? Is your dad high risk or something. I did not see my senior parents for six months then just decided to go see them. So far nothing bad happened. Always be clean when you enter and leave the house and disinfect the house and you all will be just fine. If there is a will then there is a way. One year not seeing family is a bit too much.

Horizons1

I’m not normally one to be rude on here like some apparently, but with all due respect that question wasn’t directed toward you. Secondly there are several others on here that have been asking similar questions, which last I knew this was a discussion board and thirdly I do pay attention. But thanks. Have a great evening.
You had a valid question which did not warrant such a rude response from someone.

A nicer and more appropriate way to answer is simply no one knows. It could happen or it may not happen. COVID has put a wrench in so many things all anyone on the outside can do is guess and wait.

MaximumEd

Seriously, a year? Is your dad high risk or something. I did not see my senior parents for six months then just decided to go see them. So far nothing bad happened. Always be clean when you enter and leave the house and disinfect the house and you all will be just fine. If there is a will then there is a way. One year not seeing family is a bit too much.
We visit in the driveway. He has terrible COPD from working in coal mines underground for 20 years and smoking like a chimney. He got his second vaccination last week, so not much longer now and we can hang out like we used to.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not really. They’ve been back at work for several months already. So it assumes that the pace of work hasn’t dropped by more than 90%.

Not sure what you are basing that one. Safety considerations during the pandemic can slow things down, no to mention how it could impact the supply chains, and if there is the desire by Disney to continue at the same pace or slow down to spread out the cost.

havoc315

Not sure what you are basing that one. Safety considerations during the pandemic can slow things down, no to mention how it could impact the supply chains, and if there is the desire by Disney to continue at the same pace or slow down to spread out the cost.

All true. But if they were 2-3 months from launch in March 2020... I don’t buy that it became 15 months when they restarted in July 2020... or that it’s 7 months now, when we know most of the barges are in the water already. We know supply chains have all normalized. Universal didn’t have any trouble finishing the velociraptor. There are no major supply problems of other products.

For Covid safety reasons or marketing strategy, they may put off harmonious till October or later. But from a pure construction standpoint, they could have it ready within a month or two, if they wanted to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom