News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have this earmarked as launching after Rat, and we still have a few months for that.

I honestly don't think Harm could be ready by the end of the year based on current progress, but if WS restaurants are hurting that badly, a modified EF could likely be brought back.
The odd.... show... has been mentioned. Nothing more so far. And Id be shocked if it was harmonious

brianstl

If Epcot were to have fireworks before the end of the year, which isn't happening, it'd be Epcot Forever.
It might be impossible to do Epcot Forever at this point. Do they have the barges needed for Epcot Forever or have they been retrofitted for HarmoniUS?

Ldno

Given how the weird time changes for epcot have been for the holidays this year, I’m sure anything’s possible at this rate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Without any insider info, there are several things odd with this:

1. Harmonious is not known for having a holiday tag and there is nothing Christmasy about it.​
2. The things have to work. Remember the issues with Rivers of Light.​
3. It would be really odd to have fireworks in EPCOT but not MK, and there's been no news about that.​
4. A lot of what happens with Harmonious happens atop the lake, which would create crowding along the shore to see it. Disney would have to do what Universal did and rope off viewing sections all the way around the lake and have distanced circles on the ground and only let in one party per circle... if WDW is still caring about such things in a state that doesn't care. And that would be a major undertaking in crowd control.​

Also, they are still working on the barges back stage, so they would need to get them complete, setup in the lagoon, tested, and then program the show. Seems like a stretch to have that all done by Christmas.

Squishy

Also, they are still working on the barges back stage, so they would need to get them complete, setup in the lagoon, tested, and then program the show. Seems like a stretch to have that all done by Christmas.
They could have easily programmed the show in advanced

TTA94

Something we haven’t seen added yet to the barges is the fountains. Or did those get axed?

I’m still stumped on the purpose of the rotating arms. If all the do is hold spot lights to give a wave effect, that could have easily been achieved by the same lighting all the other nighttime shows use? Or are they using a different kind of lighting?

jrhwdw

Something we haven’t seen added yet to the barges is the fountains. Or did those get axed?

I’m still stumped on the purpose of the rotating arms. If all the do is hold spot lights to give a wave effect, that could have easily been achieved by the same lighting all the other nighttime shows use? Or are they using a different kind of lighting?
If Harm. isn't for a while, isn't there time to add the Fountains? How long would that take actually?

trainplane3

Some Harmonious arms still in the field (top left):
Tron_Full_39526.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom