News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

Just curious, but are there plans (I would assume there are contingencies) if a vaccine doesn't come or is not widely available as soon as we all hope?

Curious to. Though different, Universal didn’t wait for a vaccine. I also think what Epcot could do and what MK or DHS could do is very different. Epcot has more spacing possibilities.

Ldno

Epcot could get away with virtual queue the old fast pass + viewing area or other areas evenly spacing out guests by Having different shows at different times, i think, i don’t know, would be interesting to see how Universal and Sea world execute this

Notes from Neverland

Just curious, but are there plans (I would assume there are contingencies) if a vaccine doesn't come or is not widely available as soon as we all hope?
That's the big question. Seems like so many are positive a vaccine is imminent, but a safe vaccine without side effects distributed effectively could face a boatload of issues along the way.

TTA94

Epcot could get away with virtual queue the old fast pass + viewing area or other areas evenly spacing out guests by Having different shows at different times, i think, i don’t know, would be interesting to see how Universal and Sea world execute this

Well, Epcot has never had multiple shows. That I know of. Oh course who knows what Harmonious will be capable of.

Ldno

Very true, the only reason I mentioned different shows, was based on how Disneyland had two shows of Fantasmic and Two firework shows space out within 45 minutes

ToTBellHop

If there’s no vaccine, we will be in real trouble. But, from what I’m hearing from former colleagues, it’s highly likely that we will have a vaccine widely available in the spring. The presumption is that the combination of warmer weather and a vaccine will bring cases down naturally and if we do not fully-eradicate Covid, the optics of ending social distancing when people are choosing not to vaccinate are far better than before a vaccine is available.

Movielover

Very true, the only reason I mentioned different shows, was based on how Disneyland had two shows of Fantasmic and Two firework shows space out within 45 minutes
Epcot could get away with 1 show since World Showcase is large enough to handle a massive crowd compared with Disneyland's Fantasmic area which is, to be kind, not...

SoFloMagic

You also need to have the manpower to police it (sadly)

And the manpower to produce the show.
Kinda seems like it's more about when the $ comes back than when it's safe? Or maybe its about safety because that's when the money returns?
And who knows if the crowds truly return without fireworks. Seems like a chicken VS the egg conundrum...

Ldno

what’s up with Epcot’s hour changes in november? i noticed my park hours are from 11am-10pm the day i go? will they open up something big? this or rat? 😮 fingers crossed!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom