Reflections of Earth Changes

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
RoE had a whole lot of product changes this month. This is what I noticed.

- Almost all of the mines in Chaos.
- A couple of handfulls of comet shells in Chaos.
- New blue octopi shells in Celebration with great timing.
- New blue farfalle shells in Celebration, they look absolutely amazing and offer a neat effect since there are so many of them at once. These are totally different from their predecessor.
- New blue shell of shells at the very end of Celebration.
- Also new blue mines for Celebration.
- New 10 shot silver comets for We Go On. They all ignite on the same cue now instead of being staggered in the past.

djkidkaz

Wait a minute, first the tikis in Adventureland are fixed. Then Frontierland is getting completely repaved. Now this?!

But I have been lead to believe that this thing called TDO doesn't care about the parks?! Whats going on?! Who do I believe? Disgruntled fanboys or my own eyes? :shrug:

maxairmike

RoE had a whole lot of product changes this month. This is what I noticed.

- Almost all of the mines in Chaos.
- A couple of handfulls of comet shells in Chaos.
- New blue octopi shells in Celebration with great timing.
- New blue farfalle shells in Celebration, they look absolutely amazing and offer a neat effect since there are so many of them at once. These are totally different from their predecessor.
- New blue shell of shells at the very end of Celebration.
- Also new blue mines for Celebration.
- New 10 shot silver comets for We Go On. They all ignite on the same cue now instead of being staggered in the past.

This is one change that I personally preferred the other way. I think the staggering added more rhythm to the visual side of the performance and "gelled" more with the music than the new timing. I know that visually it was a bit chaotic, but I also think it fit just as well. Or course, this is strictly from a musical perspective, and really it is just musical score nitpicking, but that's something I always observe more than other things.

disney fan 13

Wait a minute, first the tikis in Adventureland are fixed. Then Frontierland is getting completely repaved. Now this?!

But I have been lead to believe that this thing called TDO doesn't care about the parks?! Whats going on?! Who do I believe? Disgruntled fanboys or my own eyes? :shrug:

Splash mountain... All I gotta say...

For something good they move themshelves to steps back...

Plus if you believe some people it Was never brocken

Rob562

This is one change that I personally preferred the other way. I think the staggering added more rhythm to the visual side of the performance and "gelled" more with the music than the new timing. I know that visually it was a bit chaotic, but I also think it fit just as well. Or course, this is strictly from a musical perspective, and really it is just musical score nitpicking, but that's something I always observe more than other things.

I also preferred the old way, for two reasons. First, in how the comets kept building from the middle outward, it was a "Woah...Wow...WOW!!!!!!" moment as more and more comets kept being piled onto those already firing.
And second, with the staggered firings it was just a constant plume of comets in the air. Now, they almost all fire simultaneously throughout which, IMHO, is a lesser overall effect.

But I like the other changes. (Any news on how those ALF timing chips are coming?)

-Rob

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I also preferred the old way, for two reasons. First, in how the comets kept building from the middle outward, it was a "Woah...Wow...WOW!!!!!!" moment as more and more comets kept being piled onto those already firing.
And second, with the staggered firings it was just a constant plume of comets in the air. Now, they almost all fire simultaneously throughout which, IMHO, is a lesser overall effect.

But I like the other changes. (Any news on how those ALF timing chips are coming?)

-Rob
Give this guy a call:
alf1.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

There is an improvement in that the shells now all die before the perims, as in the original show.

ToTBellHop

I have to say, the two times I saw IllumiNations this year were some of the best viewings I've had in awhile with this new pyro and much improved synchronization to the music. My wife and I were very impressed!

hpyhnt 1000

Here's another video showing all of the changes, including the new pyro in Chaos.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR5utlY-1Zo

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQTyxrgaAYk&feature=related

Not sure how I feel about the change to the comets in We Go On. I think the staggered firing worked better with the music/chorus, but there is something oddly rhythmical about the charges going off together. I do like how they end with the music again (finally). And the new farfelle and octopi shells in Celebration are really excellent. I particularly like the initial bright flash on the new octopi as they explode.

As an aside, anyone know if they've been upgrading the colored uplights on the pavilions to LEDs? I've never seen the AA such a vivid purple in recent memory; even the blue in Adventure looked brighter/sharper. And have the washes on the Syncrolites been replaced as well? Again, those colors seem much sharper too.

COProgressFan

-Rob

I agree with this. The staggered effect I feel was more dramatic in that they just continued firing for several seconds. Still, its a minor change, and at least someone is paying attention to the show still making little tweaks here and there, now 12 years later.

RoE is my favorite show and may always be - the score is a masterpiece...but we need some big changes in terms of upgrading technology, etc.

fractal

I have also been led astray. I thought WDW was literally being recaptured by the Florida swamps. Also notice how little response and views this thread has gotten vs a typical "doom and gloom" thread.

Anyway - kudos for the improvements!

Buried20KLeague

I have also been led astray. I thought WDW was literally being recaptured by the Florida swamps. Also notice how little response and views this thread has gotten vs a typical "doom and gloom" thread.

Anyway - kudos for the improvements!

:rolleyes:

Good to hear about the changes, and I'm actually more excited about hearing the tiki torches working in Adventureland.

Oh noes!!!!1111!1!eleven!! A "doom and gloomer" just approved of something done at WDW?!?!?!? But, but, but... That doesn't fit into the stereotype you've painted for all of them with your extremely large brush!! Mass hysteria! Dogs and cats living together!! AHHHHHHH!!!! :eek:

I feel like I should validate you. Here...

SPLASH. PIRATES. FOUNTAINS. SHUTTERED BUILDINGS WITH NO REPLACEMENT. MONORAILS. YETI.

There ya go.

Alektronic

As an aside, anyone know if they've been upgrading the colored uplights on the pavilions to LEDs? I've never seen the AA such a vivid purple in recent memory; even the blue in Adventure looked brighter/sharper. And have the washes on the Syncrolites been replaced as well? Again, those colors seem much sharper too.

No new lights, just new light gels. Same with the Synchrolights just new color scrollers.

Also they have been just changing out the product to a new vendor and manufacturer. Just wait until about the end of Feb when they finally use up all the old product, then everything will be new product.

freediverdude

Well painting some sidewalks and lighting some tiki torches and using a new vendor for fireworks are nice and all, but it doesn't address the big glaring issues, like the Yeti and transportation, that would cost some real money. So doom and gloomers sing along with me! "We goo onnnnnnnnnnn....."!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
What has been going wrong with the monorail?

You mean aside from the daily breakdowns?
parts falling out and starting fires on the ground
major breakdowns on holidays
unable to get up hills and having to be reversed back to station
shall "we go on?"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the ROE upgrades of tne past year all come together, and stay together, the show will be great again.

Aside from ALF and new lasers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom