Reflections of Earth Changes

donaldfan

Was looking forward to seeing the new pyro this last week, and on 4/12, 4/23 and 4/24 the pyro at 0:28 - 0:32 was missing (sorry don't know what those shells are called).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuc232V7_Gc

That being said, I thought the rest of the show seemed clean, and I liked the "1000 points of light" better in person than in video. Had a different impact.

Also, we watched from a window-side table in La Hacienda de San Angel one night, they do play the music, but at the same level as ambient music. I was surprised that it was not turned-up a bit. You could hear the boom of the fireworks more than the actual show music. The view was great, but for me, last time I do that . . .

All-in-all, she is still a classic that I hope they NEVER change, so many other things they could pour money into before touching this piece of art.

Father Robinson

Was looking forward to seeing the new pyro this last week, and on 4/12, 4/23 and 4/24 the pyro at 0:28 - 0:32 was missing (sorry don't know what those shells are called).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuc232V7_Gc

That being said, I thought the rest of the show seemed clean, and I liked the "1000 points of light" better in person than in video. Had a different impact.

Also, we watched from a window-side table in La Hacienda de San Angel one night, they do play the music, but at the same level as ambient music. I was surprised that it was not turned-up a bit. You could hear the boom of the fireworks more than the actual show music. The view was great, but for me, last time I do that . . .All-in-all, she is still a classic that I hope they NEVER change, so many other things they could pour money into before touching this piece of art.

I noticed that too on a recent YT vid. Those are part of the updated (new) pyro that was introduced in March, could it be a supply issue? I don't know if they get all the new pyro from the same distributor as the previous ones. Also could it have something to do with weather? I know sometimes if it's too windy certain pyro is cut from the show for safety reasons. Anyone know if this was an isolated incident, or has it been a problem in recent days? And perhaps most importantly, is it still happening?

Father Robinson

I'd hazard a guess it was supply or launcher issues. Weather shouldn't affect these.

Yeah I figured weather would be a stretch since I've only seen those shells missing once, and that was a night there was hardly any pyro in the show after Chaos, too windy. I just searched some more recent YT vids and found that this issue is present in many of them uploaded this past week. Hope this is an easily remedied problem, I want to see ALL the ROE changes when I'm down there at the end of this month.

basas

Wait a minute, first the tikis in Adventureland are fixed. Then Frontierland is getting completely repaved. Now this?!

But I have been lead to believe that this thing called TDO doesn't care about the parks?! Whats going on?! Who do I believe? Disgruntled fanboys or my own eyes? :shrug:

It's an update to a night-time show that is over 12 years old (which has been rumored on several occasions to be replaced, yet hasn't). While it certainly is positive news, I don't think it really changes anyone's views of TDO and their current management of the parks.

I find that to be a problem. It's almost back to 1999 quality? It's 2012. I would like a 2012-quality firework show at WDW. Heck, I'd settle for 2009-quality...

Well said.

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
It's an update to a night-time show that is over 12 years old (which has been rumored on several occasions to be replaced, yet hasn't). While it certainly is positive news, I don't think it really changes anyone's views of TDO and their current management of the parks.

This annoys me.

basas said:
Well said.

The show quality today is much better than it was in 1999. How anyone can argue against that is beyond me. For an almost 13 year old show, it has only improved in terms of technology and product.

The missing shells are farfalla shells. They're really neat looking but I'm not sure why they're out of the show right now. Probably due to supply.

HMF

It's an update to a night-time show that is over 12 years old (which has been rumored on several occasions to be replaced, yet hasn't).

It has not been replaced because it is an absolutely perfect show, Upgrades is all it needs. If they replace it I might hang up my Disney Fan Coat.

Father Robinson

Just saw a new ROE vid on Youtube that was described as being shot on May 6, and the missing farfalla shells were in the show. Can anyone confirm if they have returned?

ToTBellHop

It has not been replaced because it is an absolutely perfect show, Upgrades is all it needs. If they replace it I might hang up my Disney Fan Coat.
Al Lutz is right--we WDW fans get what we deserve.

Reflections of Earth should never be removed? Will we still enjoy IllumiNations 2000 in 2050? And I would argue its beginning and end are near perfect. The middle 4-5 minutes? If they want to rely on fountains alone, at least upgrade to fountains that can be seen.

HMF

Al Lutz is right--we WDW fans get what we deserve.

Reflections of Earth should never be removed? Will we still enjoy IllumiNations 2000 in 2050? And I would argue its beginning and end are near perfect. The middle 4-5 minutes? If they want to rely on fountains alone, at least upgrade to fountains that can be seen.

Not at all, upgrade the technology to 2050 standards but keep same the same story and music. I want the show to be updated not replaced. I would sooner jump into World Showcase Lagoon than lose Reflections of Earth, They already ruined my Spaceship Earth.

ToTBellHop

Not at all, upgrade the technology to 2050 standards but keep same the same story and music. I want the show to be updated not replaced. I would sooner jump into World Showcase Lagoon than lose Reflections of Earth, They already ruined my Spaceship Earth.
Personally, I'm happy they have yet to adopt your view of any other fireworks shows of the past. I couldn't imagine still putting up with Fantasy in the Sky...

Reflections of Earth (and its music) will certainly have retired by 2050. There have already been plans for a brand new show that have been scrapped due to funding, but I am a firm believer that the cheapness that currently characterizes TDO will not last forever.

HMF

I am a firm believer that the cheapness that currently characterizes TDO will not last forever.

It pains me to say this considering I find TDO deplorable but I would tolerate the current team managing the resort for another 100 years if new management meant losing Reflections of Earth . Once again don't get me wrong I want to see the show upgraded to bring it up to date but I want the basic structure and music to remain. We go on could be re-recorded to be less Millennium specific. I don't want to see Reflections of Earth replaced during my lifetime unless I live till the year 3000. Losing Reflections of Earth would complete Epcot's transformation from a park based on the power of the human spirit and how together we can build a better future into the Jetson-Nemo-Cabelleros crap it has been turning into over the past decade. Losing Reflections of Earth would be the final nail in the Epcot coffin.

RunnerEd

When they replace ROE, it needs to be an improvement which is a very tall order indeed. After watching the new night time show at DLP, I have renewed faith in the creative team that it can be done.

ToTBellHop

When they replace ROE, it needs to be an improvement which is a very tall order indeed. After watching the new night time show at DLP, I have renewed faith in the creative team that it can be done.
They have talented people working on their firework shows--if there is adequate funding, there will be a great replacement show.

DznyRktekt

I agree that a replacement for ROE is not needed for a very long time. The technology, especially with the images on the earth barge should evolve over time. If the Mainstreet Electrical Parade continues to entertain guests every day, hopefully this show has many years ahead as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom