Refillable Mug

Mikester71

Usually you buy your refillable mug at the resort for around $12. I know at Pop Century they are in the cafeteria. Don't know if there is a difference when dealing with the DDP though (different mug or not). :shrug:

Upvote 0

jenbierling

I assume you mean the mugs included with w/ the Dlx plan? We used this plan in Feb.

The credits will show up on your key to the world account with a number available, same as number of meals/snacks. After you check in, you just go to the snack bar/food court wherever the mugs are for your resort and take them to the register. Tell the cashier to deduct them from your dining plan account. That's all there is to it!

Upvote 0

petersenjp

We were there about a month ago (Pop), and got them in the dining area. One question I do have is, when did they switch to only one size?

Upvote 0

wendysmom

I have a friend who's staying at two different resorts while there...she wonders if her mug will be able to be used at both. In the past, they've been cute with pictures that fit the resort (I have a collection!), but I'm thinking the last time I was there they were a more generic YOMD design. If they are the same all over, they won't have a problem, but if they are different I'm thinking she can show her receipt and still use it. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

We were at POFQ last October, and the cashier in the food court told me that if we were planning on visiting other Disney resorts, to make sure and take our mugs with us because we could now get free refills at the on property resorts.
I had read much ( on another discussion board ) about using those mugs in the past, and it's my understanding that prior to the more "generic" YOAMD mugs that we had this past October, using them ( or trying to use them ) at a resort other than the one you were staying at..or using them on subsequent visits was an absolute no-no.
BTW, we didn't take them with us when we visited other Disney resorts..so I don't know if this was correct info or not.

Upvote 0

wendysmom

Thanks so much!:wave: This would sure make things easier for my friend and her family! I was disappointed that they were no longer making the mugs with the resort "feel" to them, but if it's to make it easier to take to other resorts...I guess it's worth it! I guess I really don't need more mugs here!:lol:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The mugs are technically supposed to be used for your length of stay at the resort you are staying at. However with the new design being at every resort there is no way of telling if you bought them there or not. Also, while you aren't supposed to use a mug that is older or from a different resort, I have never seen a cast member say anything to a guest who has had one.

Upvote 0

sbkline

The mugs are technically supposed to be used for your length of stay at the resort you are staying at. However with the new design being at every resort there is no way of telling if you bought them there or not. Also, while you aren't supposed to use a mug that is older or from a different resort, I have never seen a cast member say anything to a guest who has had one.

I specifically asked two cast members at POR last year if I could bring my mug back next year (which is now THIS year, next week in fact) and use for free refills then. Both told me that I could. One even said that there is a person who visits every year for the past 10 years and who brings his old Dixie Landings mug in every time and continues to use it for refills and that it's not a problem at all.

So regardless of what the technical rule is on paper, I am persuaded to conclude that the defacto policy is that you are most certainly allowed to bring your old mug back on subsequent visits. Others have said that CMs have told them the same thing that the two CMs told me last year, which leads me to the logical conclusion that the CMs are told by their bosses to allow this...regardless of what a printed rulebook may or may not say....so I plan to bring mine with me next week and use it for free refills.

Upvote 0

joshwill

Usually you buy your refillable mug at the resort for around $12. I know at Pop Century they are in the cafeteria. Don't know if there is a difference when dealing with the DDP though (different mug or not). :shrug:

for $12, i can buy 2 cases, on sale (see sundays ad in your local paper), at walgreens. free ice at the machines.

if you want the mug as a keepsake, great, but otherwise i believe its a rip off.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

for $12, i can buy 2 cases, on sale (see sundays ad in your local paper), at walgreens. free ice at the machines.

if you want the mug as a keepsake, great, but otherwise i believe its a rip off.

Would, but don't have Walgreens and don't have a Sunday paper. I live up in Canada (Saturday paper and Shopper's Drug Mart anyone :shrug:).

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

P.S. My wife and kids use our old Pop mugs daily for hot chocolate and other beverages at home, so not a bad investment at all.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I specifically asked two cast members at POR last year if I could bring my mug back next year (which is now THIS year, next week in fact) and use for free refills then. Both told me that I could. One even said that there is a person who visits every year for the past 10 years and who brings his old Dixie Landings mug in every time and continues to use it for refills and that it's not a problem at all.

So regardless of what the technical rule is on paper, I am persuaded to conclude that the defacto policy is that you are most certainly allowed to bring your old mug back on subsequent visits. Others have said that CMs have told them the same thing that the two CMs told me last year, which leads me to the logical conclusion that the CMs are told by their bosses to allow this...regardless of what a printed rulebook may or may not say....so I plan to bring mine with me next week and use it for free refills.
This is just a rationalization for behavior that IS against Disney's rules.

Just because a few front-line CMs say it's okay doesn't mean it's okay. Your rationale that it's a de facto policy because their bosses must be saying it's okay is a poor logical leap.

Example: We're walking around Magic Kingdom one evening, and I didn't have a Times Guide on me. I asked three different CMs if Spectromagic was scheduled for that night. All 3 said Yes, yet there was no parade that night. The CMs were wrong. By your logic, you would have concluded that their bosses told them to tell people there would be a parade that night.

It is interesting that you ignore the posted signs at each mug/cashier area, as well as the printing on the mug itself.

I've never once heard of the mug policy being enforced. I've never once read someone say a CM ever said anything to them. So it truly is a matter of personal decision whether or not to follow the rules. But to say it must not be a rule is ludicrous.

In my opinion, the ability to get away with something is a poor excuse for trying to get away with something. It's just the way I was raised by my parents.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Not a coffee or tea drinker I guess. We always get the mug as a souvenir besides with morning coffee, evening ICEE and mid-day iced tea, in 10 days, the mug more than pays for itself.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Not really. With the price of soda at the resorts They pay for themselves very quickly, unless all you drink is a cup of coffee in the morning.
We are a family of 4, use our cups on the average of 3 times per day and fill up at least twice each trip to the snack bar (coffee, tea, lemonade, soda, etc). They pay for themselves after just 2 days. Everything else after that is a bonus.

Upvote 0

joshwill

Not really. With the price of soda at the resorts They pay for themselves very quickly, unless all you drink is a cup of coffee in the morning.
We are a family of 4, use our cups on the average of 3 times per day and fill up at least twice each trip to the snack bar (coffee, tea, lemonade, soda, etc). They pay for themselves after just 2 days. Everything else after that is a bonus.

a family of 4 would cost, assuming each gets their own mug, thats $48. you can buy 8 cases, thats 192 cans of soda. i would doubt that your family would drink that much in your stay, neither would i.

if you base the saving against buying your soda at the resort, then yes it would be cost effective. but is isnt if you consider bringing in soda from outside.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom