Refillable Mug

CleveRocks

Will copy and paste work? I know sometimes it will and sometimes it won't, depending on where the picture is.
I don't know how to copy and paste a photo here.

If you want to trust me, please PM me with your e-mail address and I can e-mail it to you ... then you can vouch for the accuracy of what I reported above.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I don't know how to copy and paste a photo here.

If you want to trust me, please PM me with your e-mail address and I can e-mail it to you ... then you can vouch for the accuracy of what I reported above.

In preparation for the trip report I plan to do after next week's trip, I recently tested on whether or not copy and paste would work with the photos from my myspace page. I simply right clicked on the picture and clicked the copy option, then went to the message board and clicked "post" and then went under "edit" and hit paste.

But I've found other pictures online before where I was unable to copy and paste so it may not work for you.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I FOUND THE PHOTO!

Can anyone help out an idiot who doesn't know how to post a photo on this message board???:ROFLOL:

Until I can post it, here is the EXACT text ... you'll just have to trust me until someone teaches me how to post the photo:

"Free Unlimited Refills available from the Food Court Beverage Station until the end of your stay during which the mug was purchased. The beverage station offer soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, hot and iced teas."
Download it into your WDWmagic album, click on properties, and copy the address for your picture. Then click on the little icon in your post that looks like a mountain against a yellow sky and post the address there.

Upvote 0

aj_steig

I specifically asked two cast members at POR last year if I could bring my mug back next year (which is now THIS year, next week in fact) and use for free refills then. Both told me that I could. One even said that there is a person who visits every year for the past 10 years and who brings his old Dixie Landings mug in every time and continues to use it for refills and that it's not a problem at all.

So regardless of what the technical rule is on paper, I am persuaded to conclude that the defacto policy is that you are most certainly allowed to bring your old mug back on subsequent visits. Others have said that CMs have told them the same thing that the two CMs told me last year, which leads me to the logical conclusion that the CMs are told by their bosses to allow this...regardless of what a printed rulebook may or may not say....so I plan to bring mine with me next week and use it for free refills.

On our last trip, I saw several people doing this (some even filling up non-Disney Resort mugs, which really kind of upset me!) No one said a word and the Pop Century food court was always so busy, I would have been surprised if a cashier had a moment to go over and say something. Oh well, I couldn't bring my resort mug back this time around anyway because I lost the lid, so it looks like we'll have to get a new one (oh darn, another Disney souvenir:)!)

Upvote 0

sbkline

I wonder how to reinterpret THAT!

You can't. :ROFLOL:

But there's alot of difference between that and "good for the length of your stay".

Under the latter, you could be sitting in the food court 10 years from now with this year's mug and reasonably get free drinks in your 10 year old mug because it places no restrictions on which stay you are entitled to free refills. It says "good for free refills for the length of your stay" and, well...you're on a stay at WDW.

Under the former, it pretty clearly specifies WHICH stay, and therefore eliminates all ambiguity.

Upvote 0

fyn

This is just a rationalization for behavior that IS against Disney's rules.

Just because a few front-line CMs say it's okay doesn't mean it's okay. Your rationale that it's a de facto policy because their bosses must be saying it's okay is a poor logical leap.

Example: We're walking around Magic Kingdom one evening, and I didn't have a Times Guide on me. I asked three different CMs if Spectromagic was scheduled for that night. All 3 said Yes, yet there was no parade that night. The CMs were wrong. By your logic, you would have concluded that their bosses told them to tell people there would be a parade that night.

It is interesting that you ignore the posted signs at each mug/cashier area, as well as the printing on the mug itself.

I've never once heard of the mug policy being enforced. I've never once read someone say a CM ever said anything to them. So it truly is a matter of personal decision whether or not to follow the rules. But to say it must not be a rule is ludicrous.

In my opinion, the ability to get away with something is a poor excuse for trying to get away with something. It's just the way I was raised by my parents.

To clarify the story that the CM told sbkline, the old Dixie Landings mugs had a different purchase agreement than mugs do today. The old mugs (of which, I have 4) are, in fact, good for all future visits because that's the agreement under which they were purchased. Disney changed the mug promotion at some point after that, but all mugs bought previously are good for all future visits a guest makes to the resort at which it was purchased. The CM was mistaken about the policy on the new mugs, but was correct that there's no problem with a guest continually bringing in their old Dixie Landings mugs.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Would, but don't have Walgreens and don't have a Sunday paper. I live up in Canada (Saturday paper and Shopper's Drug Mart anyone :shrug:).

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

P.S. My wife and kids use our old Pop mugs daily for hot chocolate and other beverages at home, so not a bad investment at all.

:ROFLOL::sohappy:

I'm from NL, Canada (hence my username, NewfieFan). No pop on sale here - just Pampers and Tide in the Shoppers Drug Mart flyer (if you're interested)!:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom