News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Surferboy567

• Disney stipulates that the Development Agreement and Restrictive Covenants are null and void
  • Disney does not contest the District assessment that the 2032 Comprehensive Plan is null and void
  • The District will amend the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, consulting with Disney for a new plan
  • District and Disney will dismiss the claims and counterclaims
  • Disney will dismiss the Public Records case
  • The labor services agreement between the District and Reedy Creek Energy Services will end 2028
  • Disney owns the long-term mitigation credits and the District will not impede with those credits
  • The District and Disney will not contest the actions of the Reedy Creek Improvement District prior to DeSantis’ takeover
Source:

drnilescrane

The funniest part of this for me is Gilzean and Garcia clearly being blindsighted while this is happening up in Tallahassee.

“Oh wow I can’t believe the Governor gave me a second job!”

flynnibus

Premium Member
The giving up on the developer agreement I don’t see an issue with. That was always a maneuver to just hinder the new gov board. But trying actions of the fed suit into this settlement just seems like a total capitulation by Disney.

There is almost zero concessions to Disney here… this looks like Disney just laying down its sword and taking the knee.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
  • Disney stipulates that the Development Agreement and Restrictive Covenants are null and void
  • Disney does not contest the District assessment that the 2032 Comprehensive Plan is null and void
  • The District will amend the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, consulting with Disney for a new plan
  • District and Disney will dismiss the claims and counterclaims
  • Disney will dismiss the Public Records case
  • The labor services agreement between the District and Reedy Creek Energy Services will end 2028
  • Disney owns the long-term mitigation credits and the District will not impede with those credits
  • The District and Disney will not contest the actions of the Reedy Creek Improvement District prior to DeSantis’ takeover
Source:
What’s the labor services agreement with RCES?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The giving up on the developer agreement I don’t see an issue with. That was always a maneuver to just hinder the new gov board. But trying actions of the fed suit into this settlement just seems like a total capitulation by Disney.

There is almost zero concessions to Disney here… this looks like Disney just laying down its sword and taking the knee.
Lol we are so back baby.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have a feeling they had input in the new chain and administrator. Felt they were people they could work with. I could obviously be wrong.
Yeah but at the same time that is making a deal ghey can’t enforce and betting on the gov keeping his word… and the gov is a lame duck too. Seems like at best a handshake deal for something’right now’

the_rich

Yeah but at the same time that is making a deal ghey can’t enforce and betting on the gov keeping his word… and the gov is a lame duck too. Seems like at best a handshake deal for something’right now’
Agreed, but if I'm reading this correctly they are giving negotiation a chance and if that fails then they proceed with the federal lawsuit

drnilescrane

What’s the labor services agreement with RCES?
A whole bunch of district functions - think engineering and design type roles - are outsourced to RCES. That way Disney could share them with their own internal resources.

For instance, RCES are responsible for the design of road signage on behalf of the District. This allows for the same signage to appear on District and Disney owned roadways.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The highlights of the agreement as presented by CFTOD litigation counsel Paul Huck include:

• The development agreement and restrictive covenants previously under lawsuit are to be considered null and void.
  • Disney will not challenge the district's view that certain comprehensive plans and land development regulations adopted in January of the previous year are invalid, recognizing the 2020 Comprehensive Plan as the current operative plan.
  • The district commits to reviewing and potentially amending the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, with consultations involving Disney and other relevant parties.
  • Both parties agree to dismiss with prejudice the claims and counterclaim in the ongoing state court lawsuit.
  • Disney will also dismiss with prejudice a separate state court litigation regarding public records and withdraw its pending public records request.
  • The labor services agreement between the district and the Reedy Creek energy services would be amended so that the term would expire in 2028 rather than 2032, and its automatic renewal provisions removed.
  • Disney asserts ownership of certain long-term mitigation credits, with the district agreeing not to interfere with their use. These credits stem from permits issued by multiple agencies, with Disney having funded their creation.
  • Concerning a federal court case Disney filed, which is currently on appeal, both parties will seek to defer briefing on the appeal while negotiating a new development agreement.
  • Both entities agree not to contest each other's actions prior to a specific date, with certain exceptions related to the content of the settlement agreement and potential defenses in the federal lawsuit.
  • Finally, the agreement includes mutual releases by both parties.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
A whole bunch of district functions - think engineering and design type roles - are outsourced to RCES. That way Disney could share them with their own internal resources.

For instance, RCES are responsible for the design of road signage on behalf of the District. This allows for the same signage to appear on District and Disney owned roadways.
So after 2028 who provides these services?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom