News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Surferboy567

both parties will seek to defer briefing on the appeal while negotiating a new development agreement.

The district commits to reviewing and potentially amending the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, with consultations involving Disney and other relevant parties.
I’d love to be a fly on the wall

tissandtully

The new board chair is the CEO of Bags - a major Disney vendor.

The new district administrator has worked closely with their lobbyists in the past.

It seems like the plan right now is to make the current situation work.

Disney has reserved the right to reopen the federal case, while giving up the right to enforce the development agreements as written (likewise, the District can’t sue them again in state court over the matter).

Seems like a pragmatic win.

Bridget Z and Ron Peri just have to keep zooming in for another 10 months then they’re gone too.
If Disney wiggles its way back in to have control of their business, I guess that would be a win and back to their old situation, which worked fine for 50 years.

Tha Realest

Concerning the federal court case Disney filed, which is currently on appeal, both parties will seek to defer briefing on the appeal while negotiating a new development agreement.

The district commits to reviewing and potentially amending the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, with consultations involving Disney and other relevant parties.
I thought these agreements were untouchable and Disney was going to win in all their lawsuits?

Surferboy567

• Disney stipulates that the Development Agreement and Restrictive Covenants are null and void
  • Disney does not contest the District assessment that the 2032 Comprehensive Plan is null and void
  • The District will amend the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, consulting with Disney for a new plan
  • District and Disney will dismiss the claims and counterclaims
  • Disney will dismiss the Public Records case
  • The labor services agreement between the District and Reedy Creek Energy Services will end 2028
  • Disney owns the long-term mitigation credits and the District will not impede with those credits
  • The District and Disney will not contest the actions of the Reedy Creek Improvement District prior to DeSantis’ takeover
Source:

drnilescrane

The funniest part of this for me is Gilzean and Garcia clearly being blindsighted while this is happening up in Tallahassee.

“Oh wow I can’t believe the Governor gave me a second job!”

flynnibus

Premium Member
The giving up on the developer agreement I don’t see an issue with. That was always a maneuver to just hinder the new gov board. But trying actions of the fed suit into this settlement just seems like a total capitulation by Disney.

There is almost zero concessions to Disney here… this looks like Disney just laying down its sword and taking the knee.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
  • Disney stipulates that the Development Agreement and Restrictive Covenants are null and void
  • Disney does not contest the District assessment that the 2032 Comprehensive Plan is null and void
  • The District will amend the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, consulting with Disney for a new plan
  • District and Disney will dismiss the claims and counterclaims
  • Disney will dismiss the Public Records case
  • The labor services agreement between the District and Reedy Creek Energy Services will end 2028
  • Disney owns the long-term mitigation credits and the District will not impede with those credits
  • The District and Disney will not contest the actions of the Reedy Creek Improvement District prior to DeSantis’ takeover
Source:
What’s the labor services agreement with RCES?

CaptainAmerica

The giving up on the developer agreement I don’t see an issue with. That was always a maneuver to just hinder the new gov board. But trying actions of the fed suit into this settlement just seems like a total capitulation by Disney.

There is almost zero concessions to Disney here… this looks like Disney just laying down its sword and taking the knee.
Lol we are so back baby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom