News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

castlecake2.0

Original Poster

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If this was 'a settlement,' then I wonder if Disney got any concessions from the new board.
Concerning the federal court case Disney filed, which is currently on appeal, both parties will seek to defer briefing on the appeal while negotiating a new development agreement.

The district commits to reviewing and potentially amending the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, with consultations involving Disney and other relevant parties.

drnilescrane

Certainly Disney isn't the type to just roll over. I can only imagine they received something they wanted in this agreement as well.

The new board chair is the CEO of Bags - a major Disney vendor.

The new district administrator has worked closely with their lobbyists in the past.

It seems like the plan right now is to make the current situation work.

Disney has reserved the right to reopen the federal case, while giving up the right to enforce the development agreements as written (likewise, the District can’t sue them again in state court over the matter).

Seems like a pragmatic win.

Bridget Z and Ron Peri just have to keep zooming in for another 10 months then they’re gone too.

Surferboy567

both parties will seek to defer briefing on the appeal while negotiating a new development agreement.

The district commits to reviewing and potentially amending the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, with consultations involving Disney and other relevant parties.
I’d love to be a fly on the wall

tissandtully

The new board chair is the CEO of Bags - a major Disney vendor.

The new district administrator has worked closely with their lobbyists in the past.

It seems like the plan right now is to make the current situation work.

Disney has reserved the right to reopen the federal case, while giving up the right to enforce the development agreements as written (likewise, the District can’t sue them again in state court over the matter).

Seems like a pragmatic win.

Bridget Z and Ron Peri just have to keep zooming in for another 10 months then they’re gone too.
If Disney wiggles its way back in to have control of their business, I guess that would be a win and back to their old situation, which worked fine for 50 years.

Tha Realest

Concerning the federal court case Disney filed, which is currently on appeal, both parties will seek to defer briefing on the appeal while negotiating a new development agreement.

I thought these agreements were untouchable and Disney was going to win in all their lawsuits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom