News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

JoeCamel

In that article posted earlier re: the cancellation of the contract, did anyone notice the following:

"Figgers Communication was hired to assist with “consulting, negotiating and requesting approval from state and federal regulators on behalf of the district,” according to the contract. The scope of work also included designing an “efficient call flow plan” that will enhance the district’s 911 network and eliminate routing through Orange County.

A two-person consulting team was to be paid $485 an hour for an expected 500 hours of work with a total price tag of $242,500, according to the contract."

So, this contract does not even include the work to install the system or procure the hardware/software. It's literally $242K for consulting.
Hey half price, the other guy got $485K I think? They do like shifting the responsibility to consultants and they know a lot of consultants......

Dcgc28

I just want DeSantis to care about Floridians. Him canceling that is a start. But he needs to kill this entire take over of Reedy Creek. He is making FL worse. It OBVIOUS here. Does he really care about us FLs? I still think he is all about headlines over substance. Give me a substance governor please.
He’s identity politics in a nutshell. All he cares about is being perceived to be in a certain belief system and he thought he could ride that to the White House

lewisc

So the state’s position is that they’re above the US constitution?
Their position is Reedy Creek gave Disney unfair advantageous. That's the reason for the legislation.

Politician statements (lies) to the public regarding the reason (woke Disney) shouldn't be considered

Dranth

Their position is Reedy Creek gave Disney unfair advantageous. That's the reason for the legislation.

Politician statements (lies) to the public regarding the reason (woke Disney) shouldn't be considered
No, their cover to hide their position is that RCID gave Disney an unfair advantage. If the only goal was to level the playing field they could have done it without much fuss by removing the offending sections and leaving the rest alone.

Surferboy567

No it’s because they spoke up against DeSantis. Sure, they may of had advantages but they never had a problem with it till then. The state also benefited from Reedy Creek.

Stripes

Premium Member

See, the purported justification for taking away Disney’s benefit and only Disney’s benefit makes zero logical sense. The state didn’t just take away a benefit, which is illegal when in retaliation for exercising a Constitutionally protected right. The state put Disney at a distinct disadvantage compared to their competitors and other businesses across the state. Considering this fact, the purported justification that the law was passed to “level the playing field” (also a statement by a politician) is laughable.

IMG_0469.jpeg

lazyboy97o

No it’s because they spoke up against DeSantis. Sure, they may of had advantages but they never had a problem with it till then. The state also benefited from Reedy Creek.
See, the purported justification for taking away Disney’s benefit and only Disney’s benefit makes zero logical sense. The state didn’t just take away a benefit, which is illegal when in retaliation for exercising a Constitutionally protected right. The state put Disney at a distinct disadvantage compared to their competitors and other businesses across the state. Considering this fact, the purported justification that the law was passed to “level the playing field” (also a statement by a politician) is laughable.

View attachment 752436
Again, knowing a position is not endorsement. Someone who refers to the board as cronies isn’t justifying the state’s position when stating it.

lewisc

To be clear I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF Emporer DeSantis. I am simply giving my interpretation.

The Wizard says pay no attention to man behind the curtain. The state seems to be saying pay no attention to the political rhetoric we're shoveling. Replacing the board with hacks has nothing to do with what Disney said. It's all about.....no reason for me to paraphrase garbage.

tissandtully

To be clear I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF Emporer DeSantis. I am simply giving my interpretation.

The Wizard says pay no attention to man behind the curtain. The state seems to be saying pay no attention to the political rhetoric we're shoveling. Replacing the board with hacks has nothing to do with what Disney said. It's all about.....no reason for me to paraphrase garbage.
I've said this before on this forum but this is one of the few forums where people arguing with each other are actually mostly in agreement 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom