News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Polkadotdress

In that article posted earlier re: the cancellation of the contract, did anyone notice the following:

"Figgers Communication was hired to assist with “consulting, negotiating and requesting approval from state and federal regulators on behalf of the district,” according to the contract. The scope of work also included designing an “efficient call flow plan” that will enhance the district’s 911 network and eliminate routing through Orange County.

A two-person consulting team was to be paid $485 an hour for an expected 500 hours of work with a total price tag of $242,500, according to the contract."

So, this contract does not even include the work to install the system or procure the hardware/software. It's literally $242K for consulting.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In that article posted earlier re: the cancellation of the contract, did anyone notice the following:

"Figgers Communication was hired to assist with “consulting, negotiating and requesting approval from state and federal regulators on behalf of the district,” according to the contract. The scope of work also included designing an “efficient call flow plan” that will enhance the district’s 911 network and eliminate routing through Orange County.

A two-person consulting team was to be paid $485 an hour for an expected 500 hours of work with a total price tag of $242,500, according to the contract."

So, this contract does not even include the work to install the system or procure the hardware/software. It's literally $242K for consulting.

Damn... $485/hour.

Those had better been some top of the mine consultants.

Disstevefan1

That's a beautiful gig. Its good to have connections with CFTOD ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Welcome to IT - where you pay for brainpower and design... and can source the kit and install separately. This deal was always noted as a portion of the larger $1million dollar network upgrade they had budgeted.. (and why people assumed it was a million dollar deal earlier).

This is not that uncommon. I was trying to do a spitball of the deal the other night when the $242k number came out. Even aiming low at $300/hr I was like this is like a month of work tops.

sblank

So to prevent the optics of retaliation I guess the state has to take over Universal's district too?
There's no optics to prevent. The state's position all along has been that they took away a privilege because Disney stepped out of their lane and that they have every legal right to do so for any reason, retaliation or not.

lazyboy97o

Probably too late for that. I guess they can say though that the state didn’t grant the district.

I think uni wouldn’t be very happy with the state stepping in.
Universal already deals with a special district they do not directly control. The North Campus of Universal Orlando Resort is within the I-4 Republic Drive CRA that is entirely controlled by the city. The new Shingle Creek Transportation & Utility Community Development District is not the same type of district as was Reedy Creek Improvement District or its current iteration as the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District nor does it have the same scope of powers. The state taking over the new CDD doesn’t change things like who controls the zoning, ownership of roads, utility services or building authority. The primary purpose of the district is to provide funding and support for SunRail which the local governments have not yet assumed and is still owned and operated by FDOT.

Yes they are both special districts, but their size, scope and purpose are just not the same and it is disingenuous to continue to keep trying to create a false equivalence.

Surferboy567

Yes they are both special districts, but their size, scope and purpose are just not the same and it is disingenuous to continue to keep trying to create a false equivalence.
That’s a fair point. Still though, they are both special districts that can be argued give Uni a special advantage. Your point about the scope and still stands though.

Batman'sParents

What advantage?

Not really an advantage. If anything, the CDD that universal has is great for everyone involved. Orange County and Orlando get road improvements, multimodal transit center, odor control improvement, and maybe sun rail service to the airport?

If anything, there be more of these type of districts in Orange and Osceola counties. I don’t see why those governments couldn’t create specific CDD’s outside of the entrance to Disney on 535 or 192 to help improve the roads over there.

lazyboy97o

Not really an advantage. If anything, the CDD that universal has is great for everyone involved. Orange County and Orlando get road improvements, multimodal transit center, odor control improvement, and maybe sun rail service to the airport?

If anything, there be more of these type of districts in Orange and Osceola counties. I don’t see why those governments couldn’t create specific CDD’s outside of the entrance to Disney on 535 or 192 to help improve the roads over there.
Osceola County already has two Community Redevelopment Areas along US 192.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom