News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

StaceyH_SD

Well.
311226E7-DBE4-4498-B1DB-4502C08C9D71.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think that analogy works.

Disney didn't buy the property on both sides of the street because there was no street. The street only exists in the first place because Disney wanted it there to connect their own stuff to more of their own stuff.

And then two minor points... 1) I wasn't a lifer, but I lived in Orlando for 3 years and I've never heard of anyone driving through or across Walt Disney World surface streets unless they were doing Walt Disney World things. So the claim that the roads are for public use is dubious to me. 2) None of us can know how the land would have developed absent RCID.

Right, and they realized that, and they didn't do it. That was the source of all of the doom and gloom articles about tax burdens and bond debt shifting to the counties, which they said wouldn't happen, and it hasn't.

For all the things they got wrong, at least they got that part right. If you're going to dissolve the district, you have to replace it with something different (that looks a whole lot like the exact same thing with a new name and a panel of cronies in charge).
Dude, are you just trying to play the “counter” here, or what?

If you want to get to windemere or bay lake…you go through property

If you want to get to a lot of points along 192…you go through property…

You want to go to the turnpike north from the tourist areas…you go through property.

Want me to get a google maps car out there for you?

…not your finest work on this thread, my man

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This has all become such a circus with lots of clowns. It’s a shame Iger couldn’t have just tried to meet with DeSantis after Chapek left and tried to patch it up and blame it all on him like he did other things.

I’m afraid this is all going to get worse before it gets better

mmascari

They could have said that everything inside Disney's gates is private infrastructure and Disney would have been responsible for the roads, waste, etc. The same way that Disney maintains the walking paths inside the theme park gates, they would have maintained the roads inside the WDW gates as part of their operating costs.
Imagine how the bubble would have looked different if they had done this. The roads themselves and the entrances and exits to the surrounding area would likely all be different. Instead of building 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, retail, and hotels it might have been one huge complex. Put the parking ticket gates right at the edges and minimize the number of entrances. It wouldn't have to be different, but it likely would have. There's a different mindset when working within a single boundary.

They could have said that the infrastructure is public and should be funded by the counties. I think this would have been appropriate if they had implemented it from the beginning, since the pizza places, t-shirt shops, hotels, and residents of Central Florida benefit from all of the economic development that Disney brought to the region and therefore should have shared in the cost. There's no way they should have sprung this on the counties now, since that would have been deeply inequitable to current property owners. If this was going to be the structure, it would have had to be the structure since the beginning.
The counties at the time couldn't afford or support this. While a very valid logical option, it wouldn't have been possible at the time. Now that the counties might be able to support it, nobody in them would want to.

Or they could have done the special district.
Essentially a compromise. Designed to get a public infrastructure and usage like the second while funding it like the first. A win for everyone.

lazyboy97o

This has all become such a circus with lots of clowns. It’s a shame Iger couldn’t have just tried to meet with DeSantis after Chapek left and tried to patch it up and blame it all on him like he did other things.

This tied, false nonsense still? Iger groveling isn’t a solution.

WDWHero

Dude, are you just trying to play the “counter” here, or what?

If you want to get to windemere or bay lake…you go through property

If you want to get to a lot of points along 192…you go through property…

You want to go to the turnpike north from the tourist areas…you go through property.

Want me to get a google maps car out there for you?

…not your finest work on this thread, my man
Once again see my previous post lol

RamblinWreck

I’m sure Disney would have happily done that if it was an option.

MagicHappens1971

Iger did try to meet with DeSantis, it’s in the lawsuit. The DeSantis administration wasn’t interested

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom