News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Figgy1

Not sure what you mean. The problem was the released statement by Disney against the don't say gay law, was what triggered the Gov. and created this mess.

TWDC should have kept quiet and worked behind the scenes to work to get the don't say gay law changed. This would not have happened overnight, but it would have happened.
1682952441916.png

LittleBuford

This has all become such a circus with lots of clowns. It’s a shame Iger couldn’t have just tried to meet with DeSantis after Chapek left and tried to patch it up and blame it all on him like he did other things.

I’m afraid this is all going to get worse before it gets better
The onus was never on Iger. The blame lies squarely and solely with one man and his cronies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure what you mean. The problem was the released statement by Disney against the don't say gay law, was what triggered the Gov. and created this mess.

TWDC should have kept quiet and worked behind the scenes to work to get the don't say gay law changed. This would not have happened overnight, but it would have happened.
This was all a stunt to try and raise campaign/PAC money from rubes…

There was never any legitimacy to this…whatsoever. Eventually the original “law” will be struck down as discriminatory…possibly child endangerment now…meaning there’s nothing there either.

You suggestion implies there was ever any path to “discussion”. It’s impossible.

You don’t stop and take a nap when your house is on fire.

The “fire” is Florida here…to be clear

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I tried to buy outdoor ads like that during the 2022 gubernatorial election to run in certain districts of South Florida.

I couldn't find a single company willing to give me the space.
They’re like boom and ex-union guys now…the anger has grown just so high as the actual reasons have diminished that they’ve rotated 180 degrees and attacked their original stance to keep it going

mmascari

Disney should run ads in Florida juxtaposing DeSantis with Fidel Castro.
That would be a large escalation by Disney. As generally risk adverse and more politically neutral, I do not expect to see Disney do this.

However, from the outside where I don't have to worry about any repercussions or running a business, it would be interesting to see.

At some point, the existential threat will overcome the risk aversion. Combined with a question of general timing to the calendar. When that happens, it's not like Disney has the resources of a multi national mega corporation and multiple media outlets that can be leveraged directly against a political figure to show them in a bad light. Wait, it's exactly that, and they have chosen not to so far.

Surferboy567

No matter what happens in the case. DeSantis changed the law enabling him to be governor while he runs.

Disney and DeSantis have to co-exist for his term…unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamblinWreck

That would be a large escalation by Disney. As generally risk adverse and more politically neutral, I do not expect to see Disney do this.

However, from the outside where I don't have to worry about any repercussions or running a business, it would be interesting to see.

At some point, the existential threat will overcome the risk aversion. Combined with a question of general timing to the calendar. When that happens, it's not like Disney has the resources of a multi national mega corporation and multiple media outlets that can be leveraged directly against a political figure to show them in a bad light. Wait, it's exactly that, and they have chosen not to so far.
I would guess that the risk at present is to their lawsuit.

They don’t want to do anything to damage it. They need to continue to be the party taking the high road.

Disstevefan1

This was all a stunt to try and raise campaign/PAC money from rubes…

There was never any legitimacy to this…whatsoever. Eventually the original “law” will be struck down as discriminatory…possibly child endangerment now…meaning there’s nothing there either.

You suggestion implies there was ever any path to “discussion”. It’s impossible.

You don’t stop and take a nap when your house is on fire.

The “fire” is Florida here…to be clear
I see what you mean. There was never any attempt discuss this or work behind the scenes because BOTH sides WANTED the circus to come to town in order to raise money on BOTH sides.

This is perfectly logical. What is happening now makes perfect sense now.

The winners? The politicians and the lawyers.

Wait a minute, the politicians and the lawyers are always the winners ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney, or a Disney executive, were to fund some cash to dark money groups that fund this though.
All attempts at stockholder meetings for years to get Disney to reveal all political contributions have been voted down.

So, Disney can give to whatever SuperPacs they want without anyone knowing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom