News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Figgy1

I’ve been here half of my life. When I lived in Windermere, the fastest toll-free option to get to my workplace in Osceola County or see family in Celebration was through Disney property.

It might not be common, but it happens.
It's probably more common than you think. We've done it many times when staying off property going to places that aren't Disney

JAB

More incomprehensible flailing that, on the surface, makes them look ignorant or incompetent. If they win at the Federal level, a state suit is unnecessary, and if they lose at the federal level, a state suit is moot, so what's their play here?
  • They somehow genuinely think that a win at the state level has some bearing on the outcome regardless of the federal case
  • They think that if they get a crony state judge to rush through a judgement in their favor before the federal case is heard, it gives them more leverage
  • They're panicking and just throwing everything they can at the wall, even if they know it won't work.
  • It's more of the governor's table-banging tantrum
  • It's all just political theater (or "theatre" for the Brits, Canucks, & Aussies)
  • Some combination of the above

Lilofan

I’ve been here half of my life. When I lived in Windermere, the fastest toll-free option to get to my workplace in Osceola County or see family in Celebration was through Disney property.

It might not be common, but it happens.
When the parks close at night I would not want to be on the local roads at WDW when thousands of cars are exiting around the same time. But if one wants fireworks to fall on your car or zigzag around the shells try driving on Osceola Parkway where the fireworks are launched off the side of the roadway when the shells at times fall on the roadway for the DHS fireworks show.

Figgy1

More incomprehensible flailing that, on the surface, makes them look ignorant or incompetent. If they win at the Federal level, a state suit is unnecessary, and if they lose at the federal level, a state suit is moot, so what's their play here?
  • They somehow genuinely think that a win at the state level has some bearing on the outcome regardless of the federal case
  • They think that if they get a crony state judge to rush through a judgement in their favor before the federal case is heard, it gives them more leverage
  • They're panicking and just throwing everything they can at the wall, even if they know it won't work.
  • It's all just political theater (or "theatre" for the Brits, Canucks, & Aussies)
IMHO it's just more pounding the table

lazyboy97o

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

I’m very impatiently waiting to read the complaint. Hopefully it is filed soon.

RamblinWreck

I would think

1. They’re happy to find more ways to spend Disney’s money and
2. DeSantis needs good press / to look strong as he’s about to announce a presidential bid while his numbers are tanking and everyone is taking shots at him over this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom