News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So I guess we will see the first court room action pretty soon in this conflict:

Approval of legislative findings regarding and declare the February 8, 2023 Development Agreement and Declaration of Restrictive Covenants entered into by the Reedy Creek Improvement District and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. void and unenforceable and direction to litigation counsel to commence litigation as needed to have such instruments declared void and unenforceable, prohibit the enforcement of the same, to have such instruments terminated or stricken from the public records of Orange and Osceola Counties and to assert these legislative findings and seek remedies regarding the same.

They are directing their outside counsel to start litigation to void the contract.

kong1802

So I guess we will see the first court room action pretty soon in this conflict:

Approval of legislative findings regarding and declare the February 8, 2023 Development Agreement and Declaration of Restrictive Covenants entered into by the Reedy Creek Improvement District and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. void and unenforceable and direction to litigation counsel to commence litigation as needed to have such instruments declared void and unenforceable, prohibit the enforcement of the same, to have such instruments terminated or stricken from the public records of Orange and Osceola Counties and to assert these legislative findings and seek remedies regarding the same.

They are directing their outside counsel to start litigation to void the contract.

Disney's legal team:

Suit Up How I Met Your Mother GIF by Laff

CaptainAmerica

Nope, but if they're cleaning house through other methods, it all adds to the savings.
I haven't seen any indication that they want to cut back on headcount in frontline roles. My assumption is that if there are frontline full-timers getting termed for cause that they'll be backfilled. Now maybe they'll be backfilled with part-timers, seasonals, CPs, and the like, but I don't think their hours go away.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I haven't seen any indication that they want to cut back on headcount in frontline roles. My assumption is that if there are frontline full-timers getting termed for cause that they'll be backfilled. Now maybe they'll be backfilled with part-timers, seasonals, CPs, and the like, but I don't think their hours go away.
Oh, absolutely. Or replace high seniority hourly frontline CMs earning higher wages with new hires that earn lower salaries.

In my experience, Disney's done this before, usually coinciding with other cost reductions.

peter11435

This is correct.

CaptainAmerica

Oh, absolutely. Or replace high seniority hourly frontline CMs earning higher wages with new hires that earn lower salaries.

In my experience, Disney's done this before, usually coinciding with other cost reductions.

This is correct.
Just to add... if anything, we've seen small, incremental changes that show that frontline operations are still in post-COVID expansion mode. Things like breakfast coming back to Garden Grill, cultural representatives back and Animal Kingdom Lodge, operating hours for resort QS locations slowly expanding, daily housekeeping returning to Deluxe resorts, etc.

Vegas Disney Fan

Are there high seniority front line CMs that make more than the new union wage?

With wages going up so fast I’d be surprised if people who’ve been there a decade make a penny more than the people who started yesterday. Normally that’s a source of frustration but in this case it may be a positive and prevent the senior staff from getting hit with lay offs

Brian

I am still confused that there are both union and non union workers working the same job side by side.
The collective bargaining agreement for most front line roles at WDW specifically include Full-Time and Casual Regular (Part-Time) CMs. If you work in a unionized role, such as Attractions Host/Hostess or Merchandise Host/Hostess, you are considered part of a unionized role. You have the option in Florida of joining the union as a member, but are not required to do so, as Florida is a "right to work" state, unlike California where one must join the union as a condition of employment if hired into a unionized role.

The only time you'll see a non-union CM working beside union CMs in the same role (such as Attractions H/H) would be in the case of casual temporary (seasonal) vs part-time or full-time, as CTs are not covered by the CBA. You see this a lot with DCP kids (who are considered CT) and their CR/FT coworkers.

lazyboy97o

Reading quickly through the legislative findings just published, a few things stick out.

There does not seem to be a single reference to the original charter.

They really are trying to retroactively apply HB 9B. They’re also trying to add non-existent limitations on actions to the now repealed dissolution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom