News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That’s not a possible outcome. The laws either exist or they don’t. The contracts either exists or they don’t. They all must be public record.

You can't have PDAs for public documents that would be covered by Sunshine. The only exemptions would be info related to personal ID, such as social security number or trade secrets.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Actually if we include Trump in the group attacking DeSantis over this they make up over 2/3 of the voters in the latest Fox News poll.
Pick literally any issue and workshop a policy position that DeSantis could take that Trump wouldn't attack. DeSantis could say "build the wall" and Trump would find a way to attack it. DeSantis could say "the 2020 election was stolen and Trump should still be President" and Trump would find a way to attack it. Trump attacking a thing isn't evidence of anything because Trump attacks EVERYTHING.

DeSantis sits at 21%….about the same as Kennedy in the Dem primary. The trend isn’t looking great either.
Yeah, it looks bad for him. And if it wasn't for the Disney issue, he'd probably be all the way up at 22%.

This might not help him catch Trump. Most likely, nothing will help him catch Trump. But issues like this one are why he's not in the basement with Asa Hutchinson and Tim Scott. DeSantis has a national name ID for two reasons: 1) COVID and 2) anti-woke stuff.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I actually pondered whether our status as DVC owners might give us standing to challenge some of the recent actions of the board. I think it likely does, and I would certainly join in a lawsuit if someone else wants to get it going.

Would our status as deeded leasehold owners be the same, though, as a residential or business property owner? We own an interest, not the actual property.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The people with the numbers and the people with the money have a symbiotic relationship. In this particular one, I'll bet on the money in the end. They're pulling the strings.

Mega donors tend to be leary of a politician attacking a major corporation with such a recognizable and beloved brand, that's also an important component of a state's economy.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Taxpayers can't just sue on the basis that they don't like how their tax dollars are spent.

Frothingham v. Mellon (1923)
Doremus v. Board of Education (1952)
Arizona Christian School Tuition Org. v. Winn (2011)

In Florida, we can if we aren't provided the right to accept or reject an increase by voting on it. But as I mentioned, we have an interest.

mikejs78

Premium Member
GOP establishment (who he WANTS mad at him to beef up his populist bona fides and who will support him in the end no matter what if he's the only chance of bringing down Trump)

I think that's shortsighted of him. The establishment/traditional conservative types still make up a sizeable minority of the GOP - and DeSantis needs that vote. The real hard core MAGA types are going to stay with Trump no matter what.

mikejs78

Premium Member
But issues like this one are why he's not in the basement with Asa Hutchinson and Tim Scott. DeSantis has a national name ID for two reasons: 1) COVID and 2) anti-woke stuff.

He was polling in the mid 30s. He's down to 21%. I suspect he will continue to fade and another trump alternative will emerge from the current field. As I said, Trump was polling at < 1% at this time in 2015.

Brian

He was polling in the mid 30s. He's down to 21%. I suspect he will continue to fade and another trump alternative will emerge from the current field. As I said, Trump was polling at < 1% at this time in 2015.
There's a lot of "sympathy votes" for Trump of late in light of his recent legal situation in Manhattan. Many were likely DeSantis supporters.

Disstevefan1

I get the jokes on attorneys, but let's be real, attorneys don't celebrate this nonsense, just like oncologists don't celebrate more cancer.
Not sure the word “celebrate” is in good use here. Attorneys take cases, unless they are doing it for free, or get paid only if they win, they get paid win or lose.

For sure these attorneys are getting paid win or lose.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think that's shortsighted of him. The establishment/traditional conservative types still make up a sizeable minority of the GOP - and DeSantis needs that vote.
He doesn't need that vote while it's a field of 10 because those people are always going to be more anti-Trump than pro-DeSantis.

Phase 1: Get through the early debates as the clear #2. This is about name ID more than anything else. It's "no press is bad press" time.

Phase 2: Other non-Trump candidates drop out after failing to crack double-digit support in the early primaries.

Phase 3: Consolidate normieCon and #NeverTrump support and pray that it's bigger than 50%.

Phase 4: Absorb incoming fire from Trump, which will have the benefit of making DeSantis appear reasonable by comparison in preparation for a pivot in the General.

Phase 5: Pray that Trump doesn't go nuclear with a third party campaign.

JusticeDisney

Is your argument that all legislative action taken in a governor's second term is somehow illegitimate?

Not everything is a Day 1 priority.
Yeah, really solid point. I mean, you’re right, this buffoon was intending all along on getting rid of that totally unjust special district. It was just pure coincidence that he finally got around to doing it at the precise moment that Disney spoke out against legislation. It just simply wasn’t a Day 1 priority. 🙄🤣

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I know, that's why I hate it. Unless you're super rural, counties are way too big to effectively manage schools. I strongly favor municipal control of education so that administrators are directly accountable to parents.
NO, that’s what we have in NJ there are 599 districts, each with its own superintendent, BOE, separate purchasing (books,etc)…THATS the main reason we have the highest property taxes in the state…EVERY town in the state is its own little fiefdom…I’ll take county SD ANYTIME

LAKid53

Premium Member
He doesn't need that vote while it's a field of 10 because those people are always going to be more anti-Trump than pro-DeSantis.

Phase 1: Get through the early debates as the clear #2. This is about name ID more than anything else. It's "no press is bad press" time.

Phase 2: Other non-Trump candidates drop out after failing to crack double-digit support in the early primaries.

Phase 3: Consolidate normieCon and #NeverTrump support and pray that it's bigger than 50%.

Phase 4: Absorb incoming fire from Trump, which will have the benefit of making DeSantis appear reasonable by comparison in preparation for a pivot in the General.

Phase 5: Pray that Trump doesn't go nuclear with a third party campaign.

The GOP field in 2024 will not be as large as 2016. Neither Haley or other potential candidates have a war chest comparable to DeSantis or Trump.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom