News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The governor has already addressed this, claiming to not be aware of the Reedy Creek Improvement District.
Which is entirely plausible given that there are something like 2,000 special districts in Florida and I wouldn't expect any governor to be an expert on every single one until and unless something happens that brings one of them to his or her attention.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Rank them in order of size. Is this one in the top 50?
Better question would be if special districts are a potential problem and if the Governor plans to solve that particular problem are we expected to believe this is the only special district out of 1800+ that exist in the state that’s a problem? Why aren’t the others being addressed? Why not look at the Villages? There are plenty of housing developments in the state that don’t have the same setup as the villages. Shouldn’t they have a level playing field? Should they control their own government? I think we all know why. It’s just silly that people still attempt to say this was always planned and he just got around to it. It’s not a serious discussion.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Which is entirely plausible given that there are something like 2,000 special districts in Florida and I wouldn't expect any governor to be an expert on every single one until and unless something happens that brings one of them to his or her attention.
What happened that brought it to his attention? Did RCID do something with roads or sewers or EMS or wetland preservation that prompted his attention?

Surferboy567

With tomorrow’s board meeting, and the board being left to enforce the will of the emperor for the time being. What can we expect the board to do to the district in the time they still have power?

More rhetoric? When do we expect the injunction to be issued so they can’t cause more harm?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With tomorrow’s board meeting, and the board being left to enforce the will of the emperor for the time being. What can we expect the board to do to the district in the time they still have power?

More rhetoric? When do we expect the injunction to be issued so they can’t cause more harm?
So far the board’s actions probably haven’t warranted an emergency injunction but that could change fast and they appear to be moving forward with their plan so it’s a matter of when not if. I think some history posted earlier suggest it may take a few weeks to a month or more for a preliminary injunction to go into effect should it be approved.

Surferboy567

So far the board’s actions probably haven’t warranted an emergency injunction but that could change fast and they appear to be moving forward with their plan so it’s a matter of when not if. I think some history posted earlier suggest it may take a few weeks to a month or more for a preliminary injunction to go into effect should it be approved.
Who approves them? How does that work?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I get the jokes on attorneys, but let's be real, attorneys don't celebrate this nonsense, just like oncologists don't celebrate more cancer.
The one‘s getting paid probably don’t mind too much….especially those hired by the district who contributed to DeSantis. They are getting good return on their donations 🙄🙄🙄

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Who approves them? How does that work?
I’m not an expert so someone correct me if this is not right, but based on previous discussion the injunctions are part of the filing so that goes to the Federal Judge who is assigned this case and he decides. The preliminary injunction just pauses things until the full case is decided. What’s still unclear to me is who controls the district if the judge approves the injunction. I believe based on the filing Disney is asking to reverse the bills used to change control of the board so if it’s approved does the old RCID board just take back over?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
The one‘s getting paid probably don’t mind too much….especially those hired by the district who contributed to DeSantis. They are getting good return on their donations 🙄🙄🙄
Those are the bosses. The ones actually doing the work are probably annoyed for doing these political favors for the bosses over actual work.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah… it’s like he believed WDW just appeared from immaculate conception…

Or maybe he thought it was some sort of Indian reservation

Ffs the guy grew up in Florida… and cognizant enough to get into harvard. You don’t think he ever had the passing thought of how wdw came to be?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom