News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Ghost93

Like with KFC, "double down" is something that some may think is a good idea at first, but ultimately come to regret. 😏

ETA: For those who might not know what KFC has to do with DeSantis's ill-advised strategy of doubling down, the KFC Double Down is a ridiculous "sandwich" consisting of cheese and bacon between two fried chicken cutlets instead of bread which I'm guessing has led to much gastronomical regret.
I...liked the KFC Double Down. 😭

flyakite

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on May 10 th at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at The Wyndham Resort (Horizons ballroom) at 1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL. At that time and in addition to other business on the agenda, the Board of Supervisors will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption Resolution No. 641. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING LOBBYIST RULES AND REGULATIONS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Resolution No. 642. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING THE ENFORCEMENT CITATION PROGRAM, A SPECIAL MAGISTRATE POSITION AND APPEAL PROCEDURES; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Resolution No. 643. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT ADOPTING THE FLORIDA FIRE PREVENTION CODE AND CREATING REGULATIONS CONCERNING FALSE ALARMS AND ENFORCEMENT MECHANISMS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Interested parties may appear at the public meeting and hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Supervisors with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
BY: Tina Graham, Clerk
Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
4/29/2023 7425366

Patcheslee

May is going to be a busy for DeSantis news. Andrew Warren's appeals case is due to be heard the 1st week as well. Previous judge found DeSantis did violate 1A and Florida laws, but could not reinstate Warren to his position.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on May 10 th at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at The Wyndham Resort (Horizons ballroom) at 1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL. At that time and in addition to other business on the agenda, the Board of Supervisors will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption Resolution No. 641. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING LOBBYIST RULES AND REGULATIONS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Resolution No. 642. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CREATING THE ENFORCEMENT CITATION PROGRAM, A SPECIAL MAGISTRATE POSITION AND APPEAL PROCEDURES; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Resolution No. 643. A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT ADOPTING THE FLORIDA FIRE PREVENTION CODE AND CREATING REGULATIONS CONCERNING FALSE ALARMS AND ENFORCEMENT MECHANISMS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Interested parties may appear at the public meeting and hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Supervisors with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
BY: Tina Graham, Clerk
Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
4/29/2023 7425366
Enforcement citation program?

Lilofan

It frightens me how many Americans truly have no clue what the 1st Amendment does and does not protect. Total failure of the education systems in this country. Read a book. Educate yourself. Read something that isn’t limited to 140 characters.
Cliff Notes in school more efficient as opposed to laborious reading.

lazyboy97o

Even at their best, the Board is a waste of resources. Reedy Creek Improvement District already adopted the Florida Fire Prevention Code in 2016. But this is one of the governor’s lies so they’re going to do something that’s already been done.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Disney’s lawsuit wording seems convoluted. “As punishment for ..free speech.” Just because one has right to free speech, doesn’t mean there isn’t consequences for free speech. One could put a sign in their yard saying something offensive, but that doesn’t protect him from the consequences of public opinion or fallout. If Disney is the only entity gifted the special privilege of self-government, how is taking away a privilege that no other entity has been granted a “punishment?” If the threat was taking away an amenity that all businesses and competitors were given, that might be deemed a punishment. But taking away a privilege is a reciprocal renegotiation of the relationship. It seems more like a case of ‘don’t look a gif horse in the mouth’?

My personal opinion at this point is that it’s silly retaliation, and a political stunt. Why not just sit down and work it out? I am generally anti-government and it looks like zealous over reach. However Disney’s “punishment” counter seems flimsy to me.

Once upon a time there was an inn keeper. The inn keeper has honorary guests, and he put cookies out on a silver platter for them every day. They were the only guests of the inn to get free VIP cookies. The guests would eat all the delicious cookies, however they felt morally compelled to spread word to the neighborhood that the inn was not sanitary. They guests even funded the local DeSanitary Club against unkept inns. So the inn keeper decided not to bake any more free cookies. The guests sued the inn keeper for retaliation for taking away their free cookies, and for punishing them for their First Amendment right to tell the public they have a dirty inn.

The End

Your whole argument is flawed and demonstrates a lack of knowledge what the First Amendment is. There is ABSOLUTELY no GOVERNMENT consequences for exercising protected speech. Courts have repeatedly confirmed this. Courts have also said what is NOT protected speech.

DisneyHead123

It frightens me how many Americans truly have no clue what the 1st Amendment does and does not protect. Total failure of the education systems in this country. Read a book. Educate yourself. Read something that isn’t limited to 140 characters.
I think people know, it’s just motivated reasoning. People want rule of law to be whatever they personally prefer these days.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes, but the First Amendment doesn't mean what it literally means.

Take, for example, something as apparently simple as "freedom of speech":

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

As we all understand, there are limitations on free speech, even though this is not stated in the text. Some forms of speech are not protected. Congress can pass some laws limiting speech.

Similarly, and as I've previously described, for 200 years corporate political speech rights were more limited than individual political speech rights. Corporate political speech rights have changed, and relatively recently.

There are hundreds of court cases refining free speech. It's an incredibly complex subject.

The courts have ruled what protected and unprotected speech is. And have declared laws Congress passed that were limiting or criminalizing protected speech unconstitutional.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m sure state republicans would be more than happy to add a constitution curriculum in their state if not already there. Do you think Dems would support it?
Are you telling me they don’t teach the constitution in schools anymore? It’s not part of a high school or middle school American history class? My kids have certainly learned about the constitution in school, but maybe that’s not the case everywhere. That is a failure of the education system. I also find it odd that you think Democrats oppose the constitution while Republicans embrace it. Is that a gun thing?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think people know, it’s just motivated reasoning. People want rule of law to be whatever they personally prefer these days.
I don’t disagree in general but in this thread alone multiple people have suggested that Disney has freedom of speech but that comes with consequences, including government retaliation. It’s possible they know and are just playing dumb but it’s also possible they just don’t understand what free speech is.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURIST OVERSIGHT DISTRICT

Maybe they wanna go into WDW and give tickets to families who stop and block entrances and exits 😁
Among other things they make enforceable, like no phones out during fireworks.
You all know based on numerous posts here I’m against government overreach…..but I may be willing to look the other way if they actually enforced this 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Are you telling me they don’t teach the constitution in schools anymore? It’s not part of a high school or middle school American history class? My kids have certainly learned about the constitution in school, but maybe that’s not the case everywhere.
I imagine it’s still there in most states but maybe not a specific curriculum and rather during the discussion of the founding of the country. Honestly I know learned about it in school but cannot remember the specific context of how/when. Which is not surprising because that was years ago.
I also find it odd that you think Democrats oppose the constitution while Republicans embrace it. Is that a gun thing?
Due to efforts by some to want to limit speech (ie hate speech, religious speech), 2A, state power, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom