News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney has fought and won the county property assessments from Orange & Osceola before. The difference can be in the millions.
If that's the case, I'm sure those businesses would want to be a part of those lawsuits that could potentially reduce their taxes as well.
Sure - but it's the opposite here.. this is the board vilifying the lawsuits.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Theres no point. Him reading this during the meeting means literally nothing. If he was presenting this to a court it might be different, but nothing he says here has any effect on contracts or agreements passed legally.
it sounds like he maybe trying to setup why they don't need to respect the 2022 comprehensive plan... but I had to turn off the audio when he started.. so I don't know if he actually outlined his concern at the start.

flynnibus

Premium Member
"that makes the amendment non-existent"

or....

It could be as simple as a IT error in what was put in the PDF. Notice he didn't mention actually talk to anyone in the process, he's citing purely based on the board packet history.. probably off the website :)

ETA: later he points to other references missing the exhibits as well... claiming that under law these things basically don't exist now. But this is sus because of the RCID charter's requirements and superiority... plus he's going on the claim that the lack of inclusion in some places as they are the final authority where they MUST be... a claim not substantiated.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

it sounds like he maybe trying to setup why they don't need to respect the 2022 comprehensive plan... but I had to turn off the audio when he started.. so I don't know if he actually outlined his concern at the start.
They can't just ignore a legal agreement. They have to go to court for that.

He keeps talking about 'original intent', but what is being ignored is that original intent doesn't really matter. You can legally subvert a law/statute to use it a different way than its original intent.

flynnibus

Premium Member
so their lawyer is outlining 3 reasons the developer agreement is 'invalid'

1) the RCID board didn't have the planning authority over the cities... so the agreement is invalid
2) that they didn't follow the required procedures....
3) that the move was unconstiutional (state constitution)

supposedly these are outlined in detail in their handout

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Someone who enjoys Disney as a guest is less likely to come in with a "burn it to the ground" mindset. I'm not saying he was there for work, but it's good if he LIKES the parks.
I'm curious if credentialed RCID employees - which board members would qualify - get free admission, similar to CM's.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You edited your post to add this text after I responded to it. 😒

To address your additional points...

Your original assertion is that losing the monorail would be a "cluster." Would transportation to/from MK be slower and/or less convenient for some resort guests? Probably. But there's enough alternative options that I still don't see how it's enough of a logistical nightmare to warrant being called a "cluster."

As for Epcot; there's already park bus infrastructure from the monorail resorts with routes to AK and HS, and Disney manages to add bus service to both Epcot and HS for the Skyliner resorts (which have significantly more guests than the monorail resorts) when that goes down, so I think they would manage just fine having to add a bus route to Epcot if the monorail went out of service.

So do I think there's zero impact if the monorails shut down? Of course not. I just don't think it becomes a "cluster" for Disney if the state decides to push things that far.
Disney will never pay to rebuild the monorail as currently constructed. Reedy creek’s loss only makes that more of a certainty.

When it goes…it’s gone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom