News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I’ll be there and will be speaking. I live in Celebration and people are starting to become concerned as our town is surrounded by the RCID. With them abolishing the planning board and the governor floating ideas of building a prison and told roads, residents are worried we will also start to get tangled up in this mess.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
This too shall pass. It’s all been very interesting, thanks especially to all here who’ve contributed skills, time and good faith. I can’t help but think it’s really just a time game for WDW and ’the district’. They hold the fort down long enough until better winds blow.

Will Reedy Creek get yet another name down the road? CFTOD doesn’t sound good, the acronymn or the 13 syllable full name. Don’t like how CFTOD looks either - Come Take Out Disney? This name isn’t seriously going to last the decade I hope.

Does it ever go back to RCID at some point 🤣 even with some changes but the name returns? Then in 2031 someone‘s off topic reply is, “Remember that time Reedy Creek wasn’t Reedy Creek?”

Last edited by a moderator:

Stripes

Premium Member
Wonder if Disney will send someone be it in-house counsel, an intern, or someone else to just attend and watch/take notes. They have attended Orange County-Universal meetings before.
100% chance someone from Disney Legal will be there. I wouldn’t be surprised if John McGowan, Chief Counsel for WDW, is there. He’s the one that signed the contracts on Disney’s behalf.

Last edited:

Stripes

Premium Member
This too shall pass. It’s all been very interesting, thanks especially to all here who’ve contributed skills, time and good faith. I can’t help but think it’s really just a time game for WDW and ’the district’. They hold the fort down long enough until better winds blow.

Will Reedy Creek get yet another name down the road? CFTOD doesn’t sound good, the acronymn or the 13 syllable full name. Don’t like how CFTOD looks either - Come Take Out Disney? This name isn’t seriously going to last the decade I hope.

Does it ever go back to RCID at some point 🤣 even with some changes but the name returns? Then in 2031 someone‘s off topic reply is, “Remember that time Reedy Creek wasn’t Reedy Creek?”
The name is not going to stick. Everyone is still going to call it the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m worried the legislators will kill the Disney/Reedy Creek agreement and ruin Walt Disney World.

I wouldn’t worry about it, despite all the grandstanding I suspect very little will change in the parks regardless of who “wins” this feud, the parks are already neutral so there’s nothing to change.

DeSantis has made some wild claims about Disney pushing an agenda but those claims don’t represent reality, I can’t think of anything that would fall under an “agenda” in the parks, maybe gay days but since those are not sanctioned events Disney couldn’t stop them even if they tried. (Which they won’t).

Even in the worst case scenario where they make life difficult for the parks to try to force changes in movies, shows, etc that likely won’t result in anything noticeable, it’ll be behind the scenes things that create procedural headaches for Disney but likely wont be noticeable to us guests “on stage”.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
100% chance someone from Disney Legal with be there. I wouldn’t be surprised if John McGowan, Chief Counsel for WDW, is there. He’s the one that signed the contracts on Disney’s behalf.
Wonder if Disney will send someone be it in-house counsel, an intern, or someone else to just attend and watch/take notes. They have attended Orange County-Universal meetings before.
From what I hear, Josh, a union VP, and a rep from TWDC will be there among others.

Kamikaze

Just wondering, why do attorneys hate it?
They don't. Its not a concept that's used often, because there are other ways to accomplish the same thing without being, as the Brits would say 'cheeky' and tying in the Royal Lives Clause. But saying that 'most attorneys hate it' is not correct. Its not something that they would see often enough to hate.

Lilofan

100% chance someone from Disney Legal will be there. I wouldn’t be surprised if John McGowan, Chief Counsel for WDW, is there. He’s the one that signed the contracts on Disney’s behalf.
The Disney lawyers work out of the office building across the street from Disney Springs. It is just a few minutes walk to Hotel Plaza Blvd. Good exercise to get the heart pumping.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You are right, of course.

“Central Florida Tourism Oversight District” is an awful name, but perhaps fitting for an even more awful governing board.
1681906106117.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom