News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Chip Chipperson

Have you ever in your life met an elected politician that matched your "exact" political views? I suspect not! No representative is supposed to do everything you and I want!

The idea goes....in a group of 10 people, identify and support the person that "best" matches you. If you can find somebody that matches you 75%...that would be a a huge success if they can make it into office. Then?...you just try to learn to accept the 25% that you disagree with.

Nobody ever gets everything they want and that is not even the goal. The goal is to give the majority of voters the majority of issues they want.

I like like DeSantis sometimes and also dont like him too at other times.
Then why did you try to use the "he was elected, therefore this is what the people want" argument to justify his actions?

JoeCamel

I’m worried the legislators will kill the Disney/Reedy Creek agreement and ruin Walt Disney World.
Ok to be worried but it probably is right there with winning the lotto that Disney does not come out on top.
They make a bunch of enemies along the way but they will not let the temporary occupiers of the seats in Tallahassee damage their business or brand. It has long been said you just don't **** with the mouse.... and for good reason, mick can be pugnacious

Brian

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

JAB

Assuming the legislature passes the new bill, and Disney has to take this to court, what are everyone's thoughts on whether Disney would take the opportunity to argue 1A violations, and try to get the whole restructuring thrown out, or whether they'll be satisfied with just keeping the RCID contracts intact?

I suppose "just the contracts" is the path of least resistance, but maybe seeing the gov's insistence on not letting up no matter what as long as he controls the board might make getting rid of his cronies seem like the only way to end this situation once and for all.

Not sure they'll take that route - just pondering whether going to court might open up legal options Disney wasn't willing to pursue before.

No Name

It's to avoid the "in perpetuity" issue. I thought it was a master stroke on Disney's part. May Princess Lilibet be prolific.
Oh I like it too, was just poking fun at our British moderators who are constantly deleting my comments for no good reason. I think it’s a great move, and ironic that the lifespan of a real princess impacts control of the magic kingdom.

mkt

Premium Member
Assuming the legislature passes the new bill, and Disney has to take this to court, what are everyone's thoughts on whether Disney would take the opportunity to argue 1A violations, and try to get the whole restructuring thrown out, or whether they'll be satisfied with just keeping the RCID contracts intact?

I suppose "just the contracts" is the path of least resistance, but maybe seeing the gov's insistence on not letting up no matter what as long as he controls the board might make getting rid of his cronies seem like the only way to end this situation once and for all.

Not sure they'll take that route - just pondering whether going to court might open up legal options Disney wasn't willing to pursue before.

I think they'd go beyond 1A complaints, since now there's other constitutional violations.

1A, 14A, Article 1 Section 10 of the Constitution. Potentially 5A and 9A violations.

On top of Florida constitution, Article 1, Sections 4, 9, and 10.

There's plenty for them to go after.

mkt

Premium Member
Oh I like it too, was just poking fun at our British moderators who are constantly deleting my comments for no good reason. I think it’s a great move, and ironic that the lifespan of a real princess impacts control of the magic kingdom.
It's an actual legal concept that is acceptable and is in the bar exam.

Most attorneys HATE it.

No Name

Again, it is not specific to one individual descendant. It is the last living, not last born.
Thank you!

You may want to reread them ;)
I had done absolutely nothing against those rules! Although obviously now we are discussing moderator decisions which isn’t allowed. I shall move onward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom