News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Does anyone know where that map showing what property the district owns went?
8192327D-752E-4D5D-AEFA-F13A3C84F520.jpeg

This?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wouldn’t worry about it, despite all the grandstanding I suspect very little will change in the parks regardless of who “wins” this feud, the parks are already neutral so there’s nothing to change.

DeSantis has made some wild claims about Disney pushing an agenda but those claims don’t represent reality, I can’t think of anything that would fall under an “agenda” in the parks, maybe gay days but since those are not sanctioned events Disney couldn’t stop them even if they tried. (Which they won’t).

Even in the worst case scenario where they make life difficult for the parks to try to force changes in movies, shows, etc that likely won’t result in anything noticeable, it’ll be behind the scenes things that create procedural headaches for Disney but likely wont be noticeable to us guests “on stage”.
This is my hope too. The only two things that give me pause are the talk of messing with ride safety inspections and the speculation about forcing Disney to allow concealed carry of guns in the parks (I know this was only speculation here and not from an official source). If either of those things happen it would directly impact safety in the parks and I’d be unlikely to want to return. Outside of those two unlikely scenarios I tend to agree that it probably won’t impact guest experience much.

As far as trying to ban events they view as “woke” I really can’t see that working out how they expect. If that actually happened the events would be more crowded than ever even if they successfully forced Disney to not officially sponsor them.

mmascari

This is showing the districts boundaries. I’m referring to the map that specifically showed which property was owned by the district.

That should be an interactive viewer. Showing both who owns what, and when you click on something it will bring up additional details including the owner, beyond just the color coding.

peter11435

That should be an interactive viewer. Showing both who owns what, and when you click on something it will bring up additional details including the owner, beyond just the color coding.
I’m familiar with this. However someone earlier in the thread posted a map that showed the entire district color coded by owner. That is what I’m referring to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom