News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

BuddyThomas

It is extremely strange to me that we are specifically told over and over again that we are not allowed to talk politics on here, and yet this story is posted on the site's main page:

And at the bottom of the story, it says "Discuss on the forums".

Confusing!

Chi84

Premium Member
It is extremely strange to me that we are specifically told over and over again that we are not allowed to talk politics on here, and yet this story is posted on the site's main page:

Confusing!
Good catch! I suspect that will be corrected so we’d better hurry!

No Name

Confusing!
The entire topic of this thread is political discussion. It’s extremely confusing.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
;
Oh I like it too, was just poking fun at our British moderators who are constantly deleting my comments for no good reason. I think it’s a great move, and ironic that the lifespan of a real princess impacts control of the magic kingdom.
First off, if you're going to poke fun at a British moderator, you have to do it in the traditional British manner.

Offer them no tea, kick their Corgi to the kerb (notice, I used kerb instead of curb), then insist on calling it aluminum NOT aluminium, while driving an oversized and poorly built American SUV on the wrong (right) side of the road.

And say France is better.

Did I miss anything @wdwmagic?

GrumpyFan

If they force state inspectors to take over, many rides will just languish in disrepair for years!
And if they get rid of the development agreement, we’ll never get that fifth gate!
I'm pretty sure Disney has very high inspection standards that would probably rival what the state would require. Just look around at some of the incidents that have happened in the last several years at small parks that were under the state's eye.

The development agreement is another matter altogether. It certainly complicates matters in regards to future builds, but we won't know to what extent until something major comes up. We can only assume for now that they will get some pushback on any future developments. As for a fifth gate, I'm not sure that was even on Disney's radar for the near future, especially not with this mess. But also, the last D23 made it look like they didn't have anything concrete in development.

sedati

As this case broadens, if it does go to court and damages are awarded would they come from the state and not the District (so that Disney isn't paying both ends?)

Last edited:

Stripes

Premium Member
Is something new developing?
Is there something coming other than the already released rider to a bill?
The board is having a big meeting at 9:30am ET. During the meeting the board’s legal team will make several presentations regarding the contracts. Basically laying them out and the “legal infirmities” in the contracts as they see them.

They will then move to consider 2 resolutions one of which will terminate the planning board of the district and replace the planning board with themselves.

Figgy1

The board is having a big meeting at 9:30am ET. During the meeting the board’s legal team will make several presentations regarding the contracts. Basically laying them out and the “legal infirmities” in the contracts as they see them.

They will then move to consider 2 resolutions one of which will terminate the planning board of the district and replace the planning board with themselves.
THNX It's already Wednesday here on the east coast so I thought you meant Thursday:facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I'm obviously in need of sleep or coffee

afterabme

Wonder if Disney will send someone be it in-house counsel, an intern, or someone else to just attend and watch/take notes. They have attended Orange County-Universal meetings before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom