News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But it does feel like they could craft a specific law that creates conflict for the agreement and force it to be revisited.

They can't line item "this agreement is void" bill - but they could create conflicts which invoke that state clause I believe. Seems like a path.. even if not an easy one.
Even the 100% paid for us Supreme Court isn’t likely to uphold laws written after that fact to mess with private enterprise

Last edited:

MandaM

And the entire Rep party, I’m amazed they aren’t trying to shut this down.

There has to still be some sensible people on the right who can talk to him, isn’t there?

This isn’t what I stand for, or my parents, or my grandparents either, who does this new vindictive right appeal to because I can’t see any traditional Rep supporting this abuse of power?
A top Republican billionaire donor has stopped plans to finance DeSantis’ presidential run over his authoritarianism, and he claims others are doing the same. He specifically mentioned DeSantis’ book banning and abortion actions. I’m sure his anti-business actions with Disney won’t be any more popular with big money donors.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I’ll play along on the safety inspection issue. Given some of the issues the smaller parks (ICON Park) have had as of lately is the state board even equipped to do this?

I’m not against Florida creating a similar Cal OSHA inspection regime… But if done correctly this: 1) should apply to all large theme parks in FL; 2) most important have a demonstrable fiscal note and funding allocation to hire new staff FTEs needed to perform these regular inspections. Otherwise you’re just spreading existing resources thin and risking safety at smaller parks when the additional levels of safety inspections within RCID will just be duplicative (where Disney will maintain their existing standards).

afterabme

Another potential aspect of the idea to allow workforce housing in the RCID: Would that potentially alter voting power within the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista or not?

MagicHappens1971

Another potential aspect of the idea to allow workforce housing in the RCID: Would that potentially alter voting power within the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista or not?
If they were renters, I don't think so. Flamingo Crossings (DCP housing) sits on RCID land, but is considered Winter Garden.

Brian

Good question. Assuming they can find some suitable land to build on within city limits, I believe it would grant those residents voting power. There's already a sort-of "workforce housing" regime in place right now, except in this case, at least presumably, it would be open to more than just the people Disney selects to live in it.

Vegas Disney Fan

Though, to your point, it 'aint your granddad's Republican party. Nor your other granddad's Democrat party.

The middle is lost in all of this, and we wonder why so many people don’t vote in this country.

Once again I’m left dreaming of a European style election with a half dozen parties of varying ideologies rather than the horrible 2 party system we have.

Dranth

And the entire Rep party, I’m amazed they aren’t trying to shut this down.

There has to still be some sensible people on the right who can talk to him, isn’t there?

This isn’t what I stand for, or my parents, or my grandparents either, who does this new vindictive right appeal to because I can’t see any traditional Rep supporting this abuse of power?
There are, lots of them. They just don't get the attention and unfortunately are outnumbered at the primaries when most people don't vote. As an example, DeSantis just lost a large number of high level donors over his recent exploits. Hopefully they retake control of the party one of these days.

Edit: Just saw someone else mentioned the doner thing as well. Gives me hope that rational people are out there and willing to actually work towards something instead of the endless "grievance" politics.

Andrew25

1681754887443.png

MagicHappens1971

It's considered unincorporated Orange County with a Winter Garden address.
The RCID map says it's "unincorporated RCID", and when you leave the WDW sign on Western Way and keep driving towards Flamingo, there's a sign that says "Entering RCID", the trash cans under the pedestrian bridges say "RCID" as well. Is it not considered RCID? I'm just wondering
FCV.jpg

Attachments

• FCV.jpg
    FCV.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 45

Creathir

Premium Member
haha yes well I heard today many times this is all about the will of the people. But from where I am looking, and from someone who has no vote in the U.S.A. political system, this is all about the interests of one man seeking power. Nobody but him, and those who also get to profit from his power, want anything to do with this.
One has to assume DeSantis truly believes what he claims that he does.

If that is the case, I’m not sure it is totally driven by a desire for increased power.

If he truly feels children’s lives are at risk by being taught about sexual matters before the 3rd grade, and a major company in the state is actively attacking / pushing against his view that it’s dangerous, then it is only natural for him to react the way he has.

Compounded with the snarky response of the company and the legions of defenders of it, one can see how it would only lead to further tensions.

Is DeSantis innocent here? Absolutely not, but neither is Disney. They are just as much culpable in regards to what has happened to this point as he is.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The middle is lost in all of this, and we wonder why so many people don’t vote in this country.

Once again I’m left dreaming of a European style election with a half dozen parties of varying ideologies rather than the horrible 2 party system we have.
I would love to get rid of the two party system because they are both ran by $ and personal benefit, not common sense or for the people

Last edited:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
The RCID map says it's "unincorporated RCID", and when you leave the WDW sign on Western Way and keep driving towards Flamingo, there's a sign that says "Entering RCID", the trash cans under the pedestrian bridges say "RCID" as well. Is it not considered RCID? I'm just wondering
View attachment 710890
It is, but if it's outside of of a municipality, it's considered an unincorporated part of that county.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom