News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mikejs78

Premium Member

Disney, like Universal and others, paid property taxes to the counties their land resides on (Orange and Osceola).

Unlike Universal and others, they also paid property taxes to the special district, RCID. So they essentially get double taxed. In return, RCID gets infrastructure projects done a lot faster than the counties typically do.

asianway

Disney, like Universal and others, paid property taxes to the counties their land resides on (Orange and Osceola).

Unlike Universal and others, they also paid property taxes to the special district, RCID. So they essentially get double taxed. In return, RCID gets infrastructure projects done a lot faster than the counties typically do.
They pay taxes to multiple jurisdictions for different budget components. What specifically is being double taxed?

MagicHappens1971

I did.

Mostly because I come from a family of them, and as a public university graduate, I can destroy them in most debates.
Also a public university graduate and I am just so baffled at the stupidity and pandering DeSantis & Co are saying and doing.

I would like to hope that the FL legislature doesn’t allow him to remain governor while he runs for president so we can be rid of him. Although I don’t see that happening

Brian

More affordable housing sounds great. Are you really supporting a Governor forcing a private business to construct affordable housing on the land they own? Should Universal have to cut the size of Epic Universe to add some condos too?
He's suggesting that for the land the district owns. As in land that CFTOD owns; not Disney.

mmascari

Not sure what you mean here. I’m not saying I wouldn’t go to somehow withhold business or make a statement. I don’t want to see Disney hurt as a company. I take the safety of my family very seriously so if I even believe there’s even a remote chance the parks won’t be safe I’m not going. I’m not saying that will be a common move or impact anything, that’s just me doing me.
Yes. That if you perceived the park as "unsafe" you would look at other options instead of Disney. That's a completely reasonable stance. I think many people would agree with you and also take the same actions.

My point was that if the new inspection authority even creates the appearance of "unsafe", I think lots of people will take actions and choose other options. Actions that they would not take based on almost any Disney political speech.

Disney is perceived as "unsafe" - people will not visit Disney.
Disney says something people disagree with - people will complain, yet visit and spend money anyway.

fgmnt

Is that what caused the doors to fling open while the monorail was in motion? Or the crumbling pylon in World Nature?

Or really the myriad of other problems facing the monorail system?

Put your political biases aside. The monorails need some work, and I would welcome state oversight, even under these circumstances.
These are things that were addressed as immediately as possible. Any additional oversight would not necessarily lead to more preventative and holistic maintenance of the system unless it’s being staffed like an emergency services department or any operating permit is held over the heads of the operators until some arbitrary requirements are met.

I’m pretty sure the Walt Disney Company operates more miles of monorail than the rest of the country combined.

trmiv

I'm trying to figure out when the legislature will have the time. The session ends soon, and they still have a budget to pass.and change the law to allow DeSantis to stay in office when he runs for POTUS.
come on, they have plenty of time. They can fit it in right between doing absolutely nothing to address the homeowners insurance disaster in this state, and doing nothing to address our huge teacher shortage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom