News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

lazyboy97o

He wants the state to take ownership and to develop on RCID land.

He wants to outsource all infrastructure projects out of Disney's control.

He wants to prohibit businesses like Disney from requiring masks. On their private property.

This is all scary stuff. There's more too.
Did he declare the agreements void or say the legislature will do that?

trmiv

Long time lurker here, but had to register to post because there isn’t much discussion elsewhere. As a Florida resident living right next to magic kingdom, this stuff is absolutely EXHAUSTING. We have a lot of real problems affecting people in this state, and this is how this clown decides to spend his time. Well, this and flying around the country on his “totally not running for president” book tour.

Stripes

Premium Member
For those interested in the authority the state is claiming to void Disney's agreement with then-RCID, please see below:

Source: https://flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2022/163.3241
I’ve already talked to a lawyer about this one. This statute is about development agreements not having license to violate general state or federal law. It does not give permission for the state to void specific contracts by fiat.

Disney will take the legislation to court.

WDWFanRay

"This is not California. This is the free state of Florida."
As a 40 year resident of California, and now an eight year resident of Florida, I can tell you that this is the major problem. California does not realize that there are states that have no interest in their agenda. Believe me, this Florida backlash is resonating back in California and I don’t think you’ll see California corporations making as many bonehead moves like Chapek did, anytime soon.

Figgy1

Long time lurker here, but had to register to post because there isn’t much discussion elsewhere. As a Florida resident living right next to magic kingdom, this stuff is absolutely EXHAUSTING. We have a lot of real problems affecting people in this state, and this is how this clown decides to spend his time. Well, this and flying around the country on his “totally not running for president” book tour.
Welocme

fgmnt

The EPCOT monorail line literally just stranded guests for over an hour this morning. The monorails are held together by duct tape and paperclips at this point.

Hey! Remember the time the doors just flung open while in motion?

Some additional oversight might be nice.

I imagine homeowners in Florida would wish there was as much regulatory zeal surrounding home insurance operations in the Hurricane State.

I applaud the governor for helping to properly revalue a Harvard Law degree in real time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom