News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Regulatory inspections are intermittent. They occur over different periods of time.

Ride systems though have a much more intense maintenance schedule. Different components are on different schedules per the manufacturer. Some of these items are required to be reviewed daily.

There is almost no scenario where regulatory inspections completely supersede park inspections. Even in California, day-to-day operations and safety is still the responsibility of the parks.
This makes me feel a little better but I still feel like messing with ride inspections in any capacity is a pathetic move.

ctrlaltdel

This probably won't sink him in the primaries (his inability to actually attack Trump will do him in there), but it is more and more looking like a complete waste of time investment and an embarrassment on all levels. Normal people don't care about this and just think its weird he's continuing to pick a fight with Disney. He can't take an L.

Brian

For those interested in the authority the state is claiming to void Disney's agreement with then-RCID, please see below:

163.3241 Modification or revocation of a development agreement to comply with subsequently enacted state and federal law.—If state or federal laws are enacted after the execution of a development agreement which are applicable to and preclude the parties’ compliance with the terms of a development agreement, such agreement shall be modified or revoked as is necessary to comply with the relevant state or federal laws.

Source: https://flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2022/163.3241

mmascari

You are more optimistic than I am on this. The ride inspection process works well now. I feel safe.
Yup. And, I would expect Disney to keep doing exactly what it is doing today, regardless of some external entity also doing inspections. For two reasons. First, Disney likely has higher standards and views safety as a marketing advantage. When you're in the bubble, you're not supposed to need to care about much. Second, no company wants an external regulator to be the one to find a problem. All of them always want the external inspection to find nothing.

I don’t want to see an unqualified board take ownership of ride safety. I have been saying since day 1 that I wouldn’t stop visiting FL or WDW over this feud, but if they really take this action I’d have to think long and hard about returning to WDW. I am not planning a visit this year anyway so I have some time to consider but I can get my Disney fix out in CA if I need to.
This gets to other post. The unqualified board is incentivized to find issues. The threat of finding issues is how they apply pressure to get their way. If they require changes to pass their inspection that actually make the ride less safe, that would clearly create a problem. If they just report that stuff isn't safe, that creates a problem no matter if it's true or not.

Picking on you (just because, not really picking). You wouldn't think about changing your plans based on the vast majority of political statements Disney may make. Conversely, the thought that Disney may not be safe, and you're ready to contemplate not going. A behavior that is likely very common.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can't wait to hear how the same people that were complaining about a lack of affordable housing prior to this press conference are against DeSantis' suggestion for more workforce housing.
More affordable housing sounds great. Are you really supporting a Governor forcing a private business to construct affordable housing on the land they own? Should Universal have to cut the size of Epic Universe to add some condos too?

Overlordkitty

I can't wait to hear how the same people that were complaining about a lack of affordable housing prior to this press conference are against DeSantis' suggestion for more workforce housing.
I doubt you'll find anyone against the idea of affordable housing. It would be nice if that was his actual focus, not targeting a company that hurt his feelings.

mmascari

I think the simple answer here is that your using logic and rational reasoning to make decisions and predict outcomes. Do you believe that the Gov is or has this just become a personal vendetta against the Mouse?
I agree. I think he's betting any long term FL impact will take until after the presidential election.

That's the bet. Can he trash Disney and make operating the theme park harder, which if successful will eventually lead to less guests going to the theme park. Less guests will have impacts to the local economy. If that impact takes 18+ months, he doesn't care. If that impact takes 6 to 12 months, the FL economy will be tanking at exactly the wrong time.

That either is bad for FL is never a concern.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom