News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Stripes

Premium Member
That’s my point. How was the district harmed if they didn’t notify other landowners? They knew this was happening. It seems it would have to be another impacted landowner who would have to take issue with the agreement.
It does say that any party to the contract can challenge the compliance of the agreement with the requirements set forth.

I think if RCID didn’t mail those notices, Disney is in trouble. Now, I find it hard to believe that they didn’t, but I am worried. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, as they say.

lazyboy97o

Changing ride inspections is an easy path for the state, but I would be curious how they might do it to target Disney vs everyone. And generally this doesn't represent a new challenge to Disney... unless they do things like ban certain attraction designs... like maybe attraction designs that only exist at Disney.
Remember that the district now has its own ride inspection authority.

Ayla

It does say that any party to the contract can challenge the compliance of the agreement with the requirements set forth.

I think if RCID didn’t mail those notices, Disney is in trouble. Now, I find it hard to believe that they didn’t, but I am worried. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, as they say.
Not with these folks, there isn't.

Mr. Stay Puft

DeSantis has a news conference scheduled Monday in Lake Buena Vista, a Disney-controlled city. He will be joined by Wilton Simpson, the commissioner of agriculture and consumer affairs, a state agency that handles many state inspections. DeSantis has previously suggested that in retaliation for Disney’s maneuvering, the state would consider taking over inspections on the company’s properties. CNN previously reported that DeSantis’ office had instructed the district to halt pool inspections.

Simon Conway, the host of Good Morning Orlando, asked DeSantis if he would agree to a meeting with Disney CEO Bob Iger to resolve the conflict. Iger had recently told Time magazine that he would welcome a sit down with the Republican governor.

DeSantis said he would if Disney accepted “that they are not going to live under a different set of rules than everyone else.”

“If we can get there, fine,” he said. “But we’re not there yet.” "

afterabme

In California does the state inspect the rides or do they delegate that authority to the theme parks?

I’m curious if this is something that a standard across-the-board or was Florida an exception to the rule?

Tha Realest

no, the OP asked what was left presuming the contracts won’t be stricken:

“1) the contracts themselves are unenforceable, or 2) that the district exceeded their authority to enter into them, what is the most likely challenge path forward.”

I said “possibly” would be if there was some deficiency in the proper notices or whatnot. I don’t think that’s likely at all, but assuming the contracts are air tight - and they appear to be - that’s the only play left given known (or unknown) facts.

Brian

In California does the state inspect the rides or do they delegate that authority to the theme parks?

I’m curious if this is something that a standard across-the-board or was Florida an exception to the rule?
Whoa, pal. Can't you see everyone is busy crapping on DeSantis right now? Don't come in here with your well-reasoned and valid questions that pertain to the topic at hand.

rezzyk

Iger had recently told Time magazine that he would welcome a sit down with the Republican governor.

DeSantis said he would if Disney accepted “that they are not going to live under a different set of rules than everyone else.”

But. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way for Disney to be under the same set of rules as everyone else would have been to get rid of Reedy Creek, so that everything went to the city/county, like Universal, SeaWorld and Busch. By keeping Reedy Creek, DeSantis kept Disney under its own set of rules - but thought he could add a council of his goons to tell Disney what to do.

Ayla

But. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way for Disney to be under the same set of rules as everyone else would have been to get rid of Reedy Creek, so that everything went to the city/county, like Universal, SeaWorld and Busch. By keeping Reedy Creek, DeSantis kept Disney under its own set of rules - but thought he could add a council of his goons to tell Disney what to do.
Tsk tsk. Actual facts with verifiable proof don't matter in this situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom