News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting questions. Let's stay on topic. Is the RCID board allowed, or should be.allowed, to issue these type of regulations? Are the current board members competent and qualified to make science based regulations?

As a general rule businesses are allowed to exceed public health rules, rarely prohibited.
You’re giving credence to something that almost no one - anywhere - in the US considers “legitimate”. It’s been polled.
The “subject” is Florida embarsssing itself and has been since they started grandstanding for unrelated laws with zero purpose.
The current board really isn’t competent or qualified for much at all. Not even running a municipality.
👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

Last edited:

maxairmike

Disney would likely sue the state and argue that the takeover of the Reedy Creek board was a violation of their rights as a landowner to cast votes for the board members. Since RCID has the power to impose al valorem taxes, they could argue that taking away their voting power without their permission violated their rights.

Which would likely wait for the end of the current legislative session to make sure they either properly approve the new board, or slip up and don’t, allowing Disney to add that all actions the board (and possibly state) has taken are void since they were never officially approved.

tissandtully

I’d be as disappointed as anyone if it didn’t happen. I also find it hard to believe Disney’s lawyers would’ve missed this.

It has been hinted at in the New York Post and specifically mentioned in The Federalist (both right-wing publications).

The idea that Disney advertised in the Orlando Sentinel but intentionally didn’t mail notices to affected property owners to “shield it from scrutiny and ease its passage“ sounds ridiculous. Either RCID mailed the notices or someone made a big mistake.

Man that NYPost article is missing so much context, conveniently. Like this was all done in secret, that anyone who actually knew what they were doing wouldn’t have noticed.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
How sure is the public that The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (geez what a mouthful) is adhering to everything in the Government-in-the-Sunshine manual? Sounds like some behind the scenes colluding must likely be going on to build strategies against WDW. That was the same reasoning used against WDW trying to sway public opinion, right?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Do they have proof this didn’t happen? If it’s so clearly outlined as being a requirement would they’d risk everything by having not done that?

Follow up question since I can’t remember now, what would be the next step if the state voids the land use agreement?
Remember the evidence in election fraud claims? :) The standard they have before leaping is pretty low. Maybe some random employee in a landowner company claiming they never saw a notice ;)

mmascari

The Governor is holding a news conference today at 12:45pm in Lake Buena Vista.

Does anyone from FL know why it's the department of "Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services"?

Agriculture and Consumer Services seem to be fairly different topics and not ones I would think of as being part of the same department.

All those Agriculture topics and this one, "Through regulation and mediation, we safeguard consumers from unlawful and deceptive business practices.", seem to be very different things.

Until I looked, I was trying to figure out what type of farming Disney did to have that guy at a press conference. But, I'm guessing it's more of the consumer parts that he is there.

tissandtully

Does anyone from FL know why it's the department of "Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services"?

Agriculture and Consumer Services seem to be fairly different topics and not ones I would think of as being part of the same department.

All those Agriculture topics and this one, "Through regulation and mediation, we safeguard consumers from unlawful and deceptive business practices.", seem to be very different things.

Until I looked, I was trying to figure out what type of farming Disney did to have that guy at a press conference. But, I'm guessing it's more of the consumer parts that he is there.
They run ride inspections and investigations, just like Nikki Fried was in charge of the Freefall tower death investigation when she was Ag commissioner. I’m wondering now what would have happened if she wasn’t in charge, I’m sure that would have been opened up the next day.

TheMaxRebo

Do they have proof this didn’t happen? If it’s so clearly outlined as being a requirement would they’d risk everything by having not done that?

Follow up question since I can’t remember now, what would be the next step if the state voids the land use agreement?

The meeting notes specifically state that the meeting was "properly noticed"

I struggle to believe that Disney's side would indicated it was so if in fact they didn't send the mailings required

Attachments

• 20230417_102031~2.jpg
    20230417_102031~2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 68

tissandtully

The meeting notes specifically state that the meeting was "properly noticed"

I struggle to believe that Disney's side would indicated it was so if in fact they didn't send the mailings required
Might be funny if he has his little press conference and then Disney has the receipts. If they didn't do this, that would be quite the blunder, but I find it hard to believe as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom