News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bridget was clearly hoping to have a say in the *content* of WDW parks and even any Disney media content that Disney produces and to use the powers of the new RCID to leverage Disney into compliance to her norms. She wanted to do to Disney what her organization has been doing to schools and libraries.

That's why her comings and goings are of note.

She doesn't care about potholes or utilities contracts. That's why when she found out that the former RCID board and Disney made a contract to prevent the new RCID board from hurting WDW, she mostly bailed. Why should she attend if she can't stop Disney from "transing children" as her patron has recently said about Disney.

Brian

Bridget was clearly hoping to have a say in the *content* of WDW parks and even any Disney media content that Disney produces and to use the powers of the new RCID to leverage Disney into compliance to her norms. She wanted to do to Disney what her organization has been doing to schools and libraries.

That's why her comings and goings are of note.

She doesn't care about potholes or utilities contracts.
I'd post a video of one of her fellow Moms for Liberty leader Tiffany Justice on MSNBC's The Reid Out the other night, in which she discusses one of the "banned books," but the content of the book she quotes is so profane that it would break site rules. Feel free to look it up on X or YouTube.

That's the kind of stuff that she and Ziegler are trying to keep out of school libraries. Something that is profane enough to be banned from discussion on a website frequented primarily by adults, but is somehow supposed to be OK for elementary school children.

Ziegler is absolutely a hypocrite in her personal life, but she is spot on in her and her group's objections to that book and others like it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I'd post a video of one of her fellow Moms for Liberty leader Tiffany Justice on MSNBC's The Reid Out the other night, in which she discusses one of the "banned books," but the content of the book she quotes is so profane that it would break site rules. Feel free to look it up on X or YouTube.

That's the kind of stuff that she and Ziegler are trying to keep out of school libraries. Something that is profane enough to be banned from discussion on a website frequented primarily by adults, but is somehow supposed to be OK for elementary school children.

She is absolutely a hypocrite in her personal life, but she is spot on in her and her group's objections to that book and others like it.
Does Disney engage in such profane content that it required morality police to step in with the power of the state?

lazyboy97o

Ziegler is absolutely a hypocrite in her personal life, but she is spot on in her and her group's objections to that book and others like it.
“Free speech absolutist”

Brian

And there's a suite of suits currently in progress regarding that...
Indeed, and I would have thought that those suits is what this thread would be about nowadays. Instead, it's just person after person doing the same gratuitous football spiking for months on end about a board member whose personal and professional lives collided due to her acts of hypocrisy.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

There isn't a public figure out there who hasn't had at least one instance in which they've been exposed as a hypocrite. I could name several from 2024 alone, but it wouldn't be relevant to RCID. Then again, Ziegler's is hardly relevant either.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Indeed, and I would have thought that those suits is what this thread would be about nowadays. Instead, it's just person after person doing the same gratuitous football spiking for months on end about a board member whose personal and professional lives collided due to her acts of hypocrisy.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

There isn't a public figure out there who hasn't had at least one instance in which they've been exposed as a hypocrite. I could name several from 2024 alone, but it wouldn't be relevant to RCID.
Normally, people caught in such hypocrisies resign so as not to be a distraction to their cause.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I sincerely wish she would. DeSantis rightfully pressured her husband, Christian Ziegler, to resign as head of the Florida GOP for that same reason.
Which he also refused to do. Seems the Zieglers hold onto any scrap of power they can until forcefully removed. And of course, CFTOD, being part of team DeSantis, will not force her out.

Brian

Which he also refused to do. Seems the Zieglers hold onto any scrap of power they can until forcefully removed. And of course, CFTOD, being part of team DeSantis, will not force her out.
I agree, but wouldn't the Florida GOP, which forcefully removed Christian Ziegler by a 199-3 vote, also be part of team DeSantis?

Imho, the CFTOD's unwillingness to remove her is indicative of the work they personally hope to accomplish, and her role in accomplishing it, rather than a loyalty to the governor. They want her onboard as a "culture war warrior" to help achieve their goals.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
The corruption and hypocrisy in Florida give me solid flashbacks to latin american politics.

Except it's going into a christian nationalist direction instead of a narco direction.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I sincerely wish she would. DeSantis rightfully pressured her husband, Christian Ziegler, to resign as head of the Florida GOP for that same reason.
She will be an easy target for the left, and those around here, until she does. It is what it is. I can think of a bunch of other politicians who don't resign until the pressure becomes so great it is impossible not to. And some even hold on after that! We will see with her..

LittleBuford

For those wondering, the book he’s referring to is All Boys Aren’t Blue. It isn’t meant to be read by elementary schoolchildren.

What about their objections to Disney’s content?

Last edited:

JohnD

I agree, but wouldn't the Florida GOP, which forcefully removed Christian Ziegler by a 199-3 vote, also be part of team DeSantis?

Imho, the CFTOD's unwillingness to remove her is indicative of the work they personally hope to accomplish, and her role in accomplishing it, rather than a loyalty to the governor. They want her onboard as a "culture war warrior" to help achieve their goals.
The Florida GOP is not part of state government. So, they can take a vote and remove him. She, on the other hand, is a Governor-appointed board member. Perhaps the Governor was distracted until Sunday. Now he has more time to focus as Governor. We'll just have to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom