News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Isamar

Disney’s Motion to Compel Discovery was heard in state court this morning. Order to follow. Has anyone seen any reporting on it yet? (Despite all the public attention these cases have received, reporting about the actual court proceedings has been abysmal.)

Isamar

Also in the state case, Disney has now filed a Motion to Compel Discovery from the Executive Office of the Governor. They allege that the EOG has been less than compliant with a 3rd-party subpoena served in October. There are months of emails between the lawyers but the EOG has failed to produce a single document.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney’s Motion to Compel Discovery was heard in state court this morning. Order to follow. Has anyone seen any reporting on it yet? (Despite all the public attention these cases have received, reporting about the actual court proceedings has been abysmal.)

Here's coverage from the Orlando Sentinel today.

Disney’s lawyers argued in court Tuesday that the oversight district aligned with Gov. Ron DeSantis is failing to turn over emails and text messages that could be pertinent to the company’s legal dispute with the state.

The entertainment giant wants to see communications, including those on personal devices, between the governor’s office and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District’s board and employees.

“The district appears to have made no effort to search for, collect, or review documents from personal email accounts or mobile devices of district board members or employees,” Steve Brody, a lawyer representing Disney, told Orange Circuit Court Judge Margaret Schreiber.

Brody asked the judge to order the district to produce the records within seven days. She took the matter under advisement and will issue a ruling later.

Paul Huck, a lawyer for the tourism oversight district, disputed Disney’s claim. He said officials have reviewed nearly 300,000 documents. The additional information sought by Disney isn’t relevant to the core issue of the lawsuit, which centers on a development agreement limiting the new board’s authority, Huck also told the judge.

“The core issue in this case … is the legal validity of a development agreement and restrictive covenants that were entered into by the former board on their way out the door,” Huck said. “None of the new board members are involved in that process, and the new district administrator did not take his job until May.”

Brody countered that the district should be required to do a comprehensive records search, including for work-related communications on personal devices. He also questioned why the district’s lawyers are trying to block Disney’s investigation into the selection process for the new board and district administrator Glen Gilzean.

“They’re saying we don’t get to inquire and even discover who was involved in the decision to pick these new board members and to pick the new district administrator,” he said. “It’s enough to really get you to ask, ‘What is it that they are trying to hide here?'”

GrumpyFan

Not to get too political, but I find it interesting (funny even) to see the news and analysis of Desantis' failed run for President, with several news sources citing the battle with Disney as a contributing factor in his coming up short.
There are at least a couple news outlets saying this, but I'm not going to post them here.

Nevermore525

Not to get too political, but I find it interesting (funny even) to see the news and analysis of Desantis' failed run for President, with several news sources citing the battle with Disney as a contributing factor in his coming up short.
There are at least a couple news outlets saying this, but I'm not going to post them here.
I don’t recall the situation ever really coming up on a debate stage either.

But now he can get back to focusing on the lawsuits with Disney.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here’s Disney’s filing, with the 11th circuit’s Warren decision attached. (I don’t see it on CourtListener yet but when I do I’ll post a link to that too.) The Warren decision is worth reading.

And here’s a Slate article about that decision:

Here's the response from the CFTOD.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

tissandtully

DeSantis appointee Bridget Ziegler appears at today's Central Florida Tourism Oversight District board meeting amid criminal investigation​

Super Bowl of Politics commentator: "Bridget Ziegler, your political career is done, your husband may go to jail, the people who used to like you now don't cause they learned you are a big hypocrite, what are you gonna do?"

Bridget: "I'm going to Disney World!"

Brian

She’s been a major figure in this issue from the beginning and you know that.
Agreed, but is her showing up to a board meeting really newsworthy? What's next, an article when she's spotted at the Publix on 535 later today? Anything to keep bringing up her immoral behavior in the bedroom, I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom