News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Batman'sParents

Do we think Disney will pay a fee to prevent guests paying a fee? Reopen the flat parking? Or negotiate a purchase of the parking garages?

Does not seem business friendly to charge money.
The garages are a publicly owned asset of the district. If Disney were to somehow buy them I would want to know how the district and Disney would pay off the bonds issued for the construction of the garages

Stripes

Premium Member
Not just the parking situation, but security as well? Does this mean they're gonna toss Disney Security and replace them with courthouse style rent-a-cops?
One of the contracts RCID signed with Disney before it was replaced by CFTOD was a license agreement giving Disney the right to conduct security screenings in the parking garages. It doesn’t expire until 2033. This license agreement has received no pushback from CFTOD and is not part of their lawsuit.

It’s Exhibit C in the February 8, 2023 packet.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
One of the contracts RCID signed with Disney before it was replaced by CFTOD was a license agreement giving Disney the right to conduct security screenings in the parking garages. It doesn’t expire until 2033. This license agreement has received no pushback from CFTOD and is not part of their lawsuit.

It’s Exhibit C in the February 8, 2023 packet.
I think that is totally tangential though.

That agreement is basically just like a land rent situation… an agreeto sllow them to operate in that footprint. It’s not an agreement for contracting security roles, responsibilities, etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Too bad the district can't pay as well as the boogieman Disney...

"Contractor is willing to hire current 43 full-time and part-time parking garage operations GSPs and leads. If hiring current staff, the Contractor minimum base wage rate requirements are as follows: parking staff/guest service personnel (“GSP”) is $16.00 per hour and parking leads is $18.00 per hour"

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
The full CFTOD Board of Supervisors package is available for the upcoming meeting this Wednesday. It's 1044 pages.

The contract with Lanier Parking Meter Services begins on page 455 for those previously discussing that item.

After seeing that Lanier belongs to the Reef parking network (a billing service), does anyone want to place bets on this meaning that there will be no more free parking at Disney Springs?

Tha Realest

After seeing that Lanier belongs to the Reef parking network (a billing service), does anyone want to place bets on this meaning that there will be no more free parking at Disney Springs?
Parking is an expensive proposition, as WDW has recently demonstrated in its price hikes.

Surferboy567

Apologies if this was discussed but do we even have a date or timeline when this lawsuit may be heard in court? I don't recall seeing a date or timeframe besides when the governor wanted to move it till after the election I believe that was proposed earlier this year.

flynnibus

Premium Member
the contract is just for facility ops basically... walk the grounds, report problems, pickup trash, limited help to customers.

Isamar

Currently the garages are staffed by district employees, what will happen to those staff?

It looks like the district is 'requesting' that their current employees be hired by both contractors, but that might(?) mean lower wages and inferior benefits. Probably loss of seniority. Plus no stipend of course.
On a quick skim, there are some terms in the contracts that seem odd to me (like over-the-top dress codes and what looks(?) like a district option to change the terms of the agreement unilaterally), but I don't usually read such contracts so maybe they aren't actually unusual?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
It looks like the district is 'requesting' that their current employees be hired by both contractors, but that might(?) mean lower wages and inferior benefits. Probably loss of seniority. Plus no stipend of course.
On a quick skim, there are some terms in the contracts that seem odd to me (like over-the-top dress codes and what looks(?) like a district option to change the terms of the agreement unilaterally), but I don't usually read such contracts so maybe they aren't actually unusual?
Seems kinda sketchy to turn your employees over to a third party to do the same job, surprised Garcia doesn’t find this uNoOzOoAL

Figgy1

Seems kinda sketchy to turn your employees over to a third party to do the same job, surprised Garcia doesn’t find this uNoOzOoAL

So, Lannier is going to help run the Garages and Fidelity is being contracted to provide security at the main RCID Admin Building and DS Garages.
Is this even legal? In some places there has to be bidding for government work
IMHO something smells like a certain part of Imagination

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom