News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

flynnibus

Premium Member
Isn’t the Board going to be raising permit and other fees so that those departments are able to operate on those fees alone?
They said before the fee schedule hasn’t been touched in like 8(?) years. I think its just the usual… a good way to cut out any ‘advantage’ for disney and self serving.

Surferboy567

Surprised they haven’t added anything about Universal being granted a special district to the lawsuit.
a more readable version....

NOTICE OF MEETING​

You will please take notice that on October 25, 2023 at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at 1900 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

At that time and in addition to other business on the agenda, the Board of Supervisors will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption:

Resolution No. 656;

a resolution of the board of supervisors of the central Florida tourism oversight district
  • adopting the amended building and safety department fee schedule;
  • adopting and amending
    • building permits,
    • plan reviews,
    • plan revisions,
    • state of Florida surcharge fees,
    • temporary structures,
    • manufactured buildings and trailers,
    • building relocations, elevators, escalator, material and dumbwaiter permits,
    • certificate of operation fees,
    • annual registered attraction inspection fees,
    • structure demolition,
    • service call techician [sic] response,
    • alternative materials and methods requests,
    • temporary certificate of occupancy,
    • certificate of occupancy,
    • contractor registration,
    • investigation fee,
    • special equipment,
    • reinspection fee,
    • change of contractor fee,
    • renew expired permit fee,
    • and other fees;
providing for severability, conflicts and an effective date;

Resolution no. 657;
a resolution of the board of supervisors of the central Florida tourism oversight district updating
  • referenced codes and standards within the EPCOT compilation codes,
    • 2018 edition and incorporating references into the 2018 EPCOT building code,
    • 2018 EPCOT electrical code,
    • 2018 EPCOT fuel gas code,
    • 2018 EPCOT mechanical code,
    • and 2018 EPCOT plumbing code as enforced within the central Florida tourism oversight district;
providing for severability, conflicts and an effective date.

Interested parties may appear at the public meeting and hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions.

If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Supervisors with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.

BY: Rocky Haag, Clerk
Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
Why are they going after EPCOT specifically? If they significantly charge more for fees out of normal range is that grounds for adding to the lawsuit as well. That would probably have consequences for any future investments or updates to pavilions.

lazyboy97o

Surprised they haven’t added anything about Universal being granted a special district to the lawsuit.
Because it’s nothing new with any sort of material impact. It doesn’t even involve any of the parties to the suits.
Why are they going after EPCOT specifically? If they significantly charge more for fees out of normal range is that grounds for adding to the lawsuit as well. That would probably have consequences for any future investments or updates to pavilions.
The fees are something that is at the discretion of the district and haven’t been escalated in years.

Surferboy567

Because it’s nothing new with any sort of material impact. It doesn’t even involve any of the parties to the suits.
If I’m understanding this right, I disagree with this statement. DeSantis clearly has said that he believes NO company should have an advantage over another within Florida. Obviously, he’s saying this as justification for his attack on Disney because they attacked a piece of his legislation. Since he said this though, wouldn’t granting universal give them a “advantage” proving that he is just attacking one specific company in this case Disney.

View attachment 748330
This sounds oddly familiar……
Also, I remember this being said when Universal was granted their special district seems to go against their tune when talking about Reedy Creek.

lazyboy97o

If I’m understanding this right, I disagree with this statement. DeSantis clearly has said that he believes NO company should have an advantage over another within Florida. Obviously, he’s saying this as justification for his attack on Disney because they attacked a piece of his legislation. Since he said this though, wouldn’t granting universal give them a “advantage” proving that he is just attacking one specific company in this case Disney.

Also, I remember this being said when Universal was granted their special district seems to go against their tune when talking about Reedy Creek.
Disney has already noted that many other special districts exist in Florida. The Shingle Creek Transportation & Utility Community Development District is a community development district created by the county under Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes. A community development district is the most bog standard type of special district in Florida. There being yet another one doesn’t change anything because it’s just more of the same.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's part of a discussion/discrediting of the arguments made by DeSantis... but it doesn't change the actual claims Disney is suing over, nor are the parties involved actually part of this lawsuit. So it's not something that would result in changes in the filings by Disney.

The stuff enabled for Uni is not within scope of the Gov or legislation's actions because it's granted by the county.

Isamar

In the state court case: Disney has filed a notice of intent to subpoena John Classe for a deposition to be taken on October 31.

Documents requested:
IMG_5364.jpeg
IMG_5365.jpeg
IMG_5366.jpeg

Last edited:

Isamar

I assume they’ll charge for parking and the district gets a cut?
I have no idea whether this contract makes financial sense for the district (🤷‍♀️) but I doubt that’s what they care about.

So guests will pay for parking, and most will probably assume Disney made the change, and those guests (ie. citizens from outside the district) contribute to maintaining the parking garages that benefit Disney and other district taxpayers. Yup, that totally tracks.

JKick95

Do we think Disney will pay a fee to prevent guests paying a fee? Reopen the flat parking? Or negotiate a purchase of the parking garages?

Does not seem business friendly to charge money.

Dranth

Do we think Disney will pay a fee to prevent guests paying a fee? Reopen the flat parking? Or negotiate a purchase of the parking garages?

Does not seem business friendly to charge money.
I wouldn't if I were them.

Instead I would hang signs all over DS informing people that parking fees were not needed when a competent group was running the district and that they have the CFTOD to thank for any new fees.

EeyoreFan#24

I though I read somewhere the DS businesses leases included a parking fee or it was addressed with taxes or somehow so customers would not pay directly. But I could be thinking of something else.

lazyboy97o

Are we certain that the item is for new parking fees as opposed to the operation of the open space identification system? I feel like the dollar amount might be too low to add the required signage, machinery, gates, etc. to the garages. And I would totally believe an outside vendor would be contracted to operate those parking stall lights and counters.
There are ways paid parking could be implemented without gates. There are lots where you get a ticket at a pay station and put it on your dash. Or cities that have replaced meters with an app.

More though it seems odd that you would pay someone to implement paid parking. Normally that’s something you would sell, not buy.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Not just the parking situation, but security as well? Does this mean they're gonna toss Disney Security and replace them with courthouse style rent-a-cops?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom