Redd the Pirate to Receive Makeover

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Just got info that Redd the pirate in PotC and in other park appearances will be receiving new attire for a bit of a makeover. The change is planned to occur next year with a ramp up in company attention for the character in June of 2021. The character's new look is being designed out of the film departments of the company, not Disney Parks, so no details yet on what the new appearance might be. Of course, with the world in the situation that it is, timelines can absolutely change.

Figments Friend

Yeah, when I read about this I was thinking the same thing.
Might be related to the forthcoming film since the female pirate characters are noted to be a focal point.

-

CJR

I wonder if they're looking at a straight to Disney+ release? Next year is a bit crowded if they're rushing this movie.

Seems odd they'd do this if it's not around when they're looking to release the movie. It hasn't been that long since they redid the scene.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I’m only aware of one.

There are two -

"This would be separate from the Pirates reboot that emerged last fall with Emmy-winning Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin and Ted Elliott, who co-wrote the first four Pirates films, crafting a story for a new movie. That team-up came after Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the Deadpool screenwriters who were originally hired to write the script for a sixth installment, dropped out earlier this year."

DVCakaCarlF

There are two -

"This would be separate from the Pirates reboot that emerged last fall with Emmy-winning Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin and Ted Elliott, who co-wrote the first four Pirates films, crafting a story for a new movie. That team-up came after Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the Deadpool screenwriters who were originally hired to write the script for a sixth installment, dropped out earlier this year."

Is it all part of the same cannon or storyline?

Oddysey

...because nothing says 'cool' quite like stealing antiques from the elderly...

Since Disney recreated the scene, I have always thought that the pirates were polite enough to allow the town citizens to auction their goods and recoup a little of the funds the pirates pillaged from them.

Yeah, the new scene makes no sense at all. An example of how not all change is good change imo.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
This is so strange. The last week has been full of news of Disney spending money on things that don't need changing. And the story this whole COVID time has been how things are being cancelled due to cost. Baffling.

A costume change for limited units shouldn't be terribly expensive relatively speaking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom