Redd the Pirate to Receive Makeover

No Name

As I say time and time again, the issue was in part that the pirates have now been positioned as protagonists. There was nothing historically inaccurate about the scene itself. But to have little kids getting pirate makeovers outside of a ride where pirates are auctioning off a woman is downright horrible and needed to be changed years earlier.

tirian

As I say time and time again, the issue was in part that the pirates have now been positioned as protagonists. There was nothing historically inaccurate about the scene itself. But to have little kids getting pirate makeovers outside of a ride where pirates are auctioning off a woman is downright horrible and needed to be changed years earlier.
Little kids have been pretending to be pirates since the days of Treasure Island.

Sharon&Susan

Disney though did take it into a weird direction where pirates are outright good guys. Jake and the Neverland Pirates aren’t exactly rascals, scoundrels, villains and knaves.
1593558148221.png

Ravenclaw78

If you're male and can't understand why a young girl might not feel the way you did, you might want to consider that your perspective is not the only valid one. My (then 8 year-old) daughter was rather unhappy about Disney depicting a woman being sold into slavery when she rode it, and was thrilled with the new Redd.

Last edited by a moderator:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Just curious, are you female? If you're male and can't understand why a young girl might not feel the way you did, you might want to consider that your perspective is not the only valid one. My (then 8 year-old) daughter was rather unhappy about Disney depicting a woman being sold into slavery when she rode it, and was thrilled with the new Redd.
That is absurd. Look I am a male but I do have a younger sister, and two younger female cousins with whom I used to ride the ride with all the timE growing up and they loved it and never complained about the auction. I even rode it with my grandmother many times before she passed along with my mother and they loved it. What you are stating is not factually true.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom