Redd the Pirate to Receive Makeover

Screamface

While some logic would suggest it's related to the Margot Robbie film due to timing. Isn't it still way too early for that? Is there even a script? That surely would be a 2022 release date at the earliest. Unless it's further along in development.

Although she has red hair, and for whatever reasons there's a habit of changing the race of those characters. So it could be that!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It's because the character of Redd will be in the new movie. Who knows if that is who Margot Robbie is playing or not at this point but that is the only reason for doing this. I only hope that when the movie bombs hard they put the scene back to the way it was originally after they realize people see through their PC crap.

Last edited:

ppete1975

did any of them even have names prior to depp being added... or were they just "pirates"
some of them were prob descriptive of their scene (drunk pirate) but were any bob the pirate, larry the pirate etc

rle4lunch

did any of them even have names prior to depp being added... or were they just "pirates"
some of them were prob descriptive of their scene (drunk pirate) but were any bob the pirate, larry the pirate etc

Probably not. Just pet names from the creators I'm betting.

You know, some things really don't need a backstory, origin, orientation, mission, agenda or some sort of "representation". Some things can just "be"... Like Haunted Mansion. Well, before the Eddie Murphy movie.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Is it all part of the same cannon or storyline?
Know Your Cannons.

cannon............................................................................................................Canon....................................................canon
1593534271626.png
1593534414807.png
1593534450332.png

ppete1975

Probably not. Just pet names from the creators I'm betting.

You know, some things really don't need a backstory, origin, orientation, mission, agenda or some sort of "representation". Some things can just "be"... Like Haunted Mansion. Well, before the Eddie Murphy movie.
thats my point, i dont need all the animals named on the jungle cruise, all the pirates named with a backstory, the ghosts all have a tale. Theres something about the ride being the story... of course everything has to be merchandise i know.. but i liked it better when the pirates were the story.. not redds backstory.. and oh look its johnny depp

TeriofTerror

Old Bill:
"Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Have a little tot of rum with Old Bill, here. Come on, be a good little pussycat." 🙂
ETA: And Carlos- "Don't be chicken!"

itsy bitsy spider

Margot Robbie maybe playing the redhead in a future pirates movie. Hopefully she'll sound different from the ride's version. Or else she'll sound worse than she does as Harley Quinn. Which is saying something.

BoarderPhreak

On the bright side, this change may dethrone the addition of Jack Sparrow IP as "least objectionable change" to PoTC, with a history of increasingly heinous butchery of a classic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom