Red Sox in Disney?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
LOL I take it as a compliment. :)

I still have no idea who are talking about, LOL. He could be from Mars and I probably wouldn't know. I don't watch local news, only network really, and when sports comes on I either skip through it on the TiVo or if I'm watching live TV I change the channel. I read the paper a few times a week, but I don't read the sports section.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone pays attention to such things. Did you know Britney Spears' new album comes out tomorrow? Probably not - but I do. :) Different strokes for different folks, LOL.

AEfx
Clearly... :rolleyes:

WelshBatman

Actually, being in the music business I am aware that Spears' new album comes out tomorrow. I'm also aware that the red sox won the world series, mike lowell is the MVP, Beckett was the ALCS MVP, Daisuke is from Japan and tons of other things. Just because I'm a sports fan, doesn't mean I'm braindead to everything else.

But as far as sox nation being limited to New England, I have to disagree. They draw huge fans wherever they go. Sox fans are everywhere, just like Yankees fans.

AEfx

Actually, being in the music business I am aware that Spears' new album comes out tomorrow. I'm also aware that the red sox won the world series, mike lowell is the MVP, Beckett was the ALCS MVP, Daisuke is from Japan and tons of other things. Just because I'm a sports fan, doesn't mean I'm braindead to everything else.

LOL please forgive me if you thought I was painting you ignorant of the world. It was not my intention; I was simply trying to pick an event that I don't believe most people around here would care about knowing, yet one that I do to show an example of "different strokes for different folks".

AEfx

imagineer boy

They never had a parade at Disney for the Cardinals last year, so I suppose they won't be doing so either for the Red Sox. But if they do have a parade for them this year despite skipping the Cardinals last year, then I will be very angry. :mad:

MonoRon

I'm from Chicago, all I hear right now on local news, comcast or ESPN is that A Rod opt out and the Yankess offered Joe Girardi a job. 2 seconds for Red Sox winning, 10 minutes on the Yankees.

Got to admit the Yankees really know how to crash a party.

bryPOD

I slightly feel bad for Red Sox fans, seeing how most major media outlets are covering Joe Torre's possible move to LA, A-rod not renewing his Yankee contract, and Joe Girardi taking over the manager duties for the Yanks. It would seem the Yankee machine did all they could to make this Red Sox victory a moot point...

(NOTE: I'm not bashing the Red Sox, nor do I dislike them in any way, just pointing out the Yankees ability, even in defeat, to be more popular in the media then any other team in baseball )

WildcatDen

The thought of a grown man being traumatized by a baseball game just is beyond my comprehension. :confused:

AEfx

The thought of a grown man knowing when miss irrelavent (Spears) has a new cd coming out is outside my comprehension as well.

Go Cats:wave:

Iakona

I slightly feel bad for Red Sox fans, seeing how most major media outlets are covering Joe Torre's possible move to LA, A-rod not renewing his Yankee contract, and Joe Girardi taking over the manager duties for the Yanks. It would seem the Yankee machine did all they could to make this Red Sox victory a moot point...

(NOTE: I'm not bashing the Red Sox, nor do I dislike them in any way, just pointing out the Yankees ability, even in defeat, to be more popular in the media then any other team in baseball )

Except actually win it themselves. I'll take the championship trophy over their publicity grabbing everyday.

RSoxNo1

It's a shame... Dustin Pedroia won't be tall enough to go on Space Mountain if he goes to Disney World.

As per the timing of the Yankees' manager situation and the A.Rod announcement, as much as I dislike the timing of it, it makes sense. The Yankees had to name their manager as soon as possible, and Alex Rodriguez's agent Scott Boras has a reason for everything he does. I'm sure that the rationale behind A.Rod opting out of his contract is purely money driven as Boras and A.Rod try to increase potential suitors. The timing is unfortunate, but it makes sense.

Captain Chaos

Except actually win it themselves. I'll take the championship trophy over their publicity grabbing everyday.

Win 26 of them.. then we can talk :)

In all seriousness.... What Boras did last night was tasteless.. He is a classless individual... A-Rod too... He had 10 days to make his announcement, he didn't have to do it during the last game of the World Series.. And by the way, this cannot be blamed on the Yankees.. This was all Boras and A-Rod.. Yankees had nothing to do with it... As far as announcing their new manager, they are allowed to as soon as the World Series ends... It ended yesterday.. They announce something today... Nothing wrong with that... if it took away from anything, then blame the media... What, the Yankees and MLB have to stop doing business just because there was a champion crowned??? Nah... The only area where the Red Sox winning the World Series was pertinent was in Boston.. No one else cares LOL.... And in NY, did you really think the Red Sox winning would be the number 1 news item? NO WAY!! lol..

Now, on to the topic.. Why would you want the Red Sox on Main Street?? Main Street isn't polluted so let's keep it that way...

Just joshing ya Red Sox fans... Congrats on the win.. It was well deserved... And if the Red Sox players get a special parade in Disney, they deserved it... At least this year, the best team one, not a team that got lucky.. LOL...

brisem

Win 26 of them.. then we can talk :)

In all seriousness.... What Boras did last night was tasteless.. He is a classless individual... A-Rod too... He had 10 days to make his announcement, he didn't have to do it during the last game of the World Series.. And by the way, this cannot be blamed on the Yankees.. This was all Boras and A-Rod.. Yankees had nothing to do with it... As far as announcing their new manager, they are allowed to as soon as the World Series ends... It ended yesterday.. They announce something today... Nothing wrong with that... if it took away from anything, then blame the media... What, the Yankees and MLB have to stop doing business just because there was a champion crowned??? Nah... The only area where the Red Sox winning the World Series was pertinent was in Boston.. No one else cares LOL.... And in NY, did you really think the Red Sox winning would be the number 1 news item? NO WAY!! lol..

Now, on to the topic.. Why would you want the Red Sox on Main Street?? Main Street isn't polluted so let's keep it that way...

Just joshing ya Red Sox fans... Congrats on the win.. It was well deserved... And if the Red Sox players get a special parade in Disney, they deserved it... At least this year, the best team one, not a team that got lucky.. LOL...

I agree with you that what Boras did was tasteless. But The Yankees wanted to announce today regardless if the World Series was over. It was the Commissioners Office that stepped in and would stop it if the Series was still going on.

Champion

I agree with you that what Boras did was tasteless. But The Yankees wanted to announce today regardless if the World Series was over. It was the Commissioners Office that stepped in and would stop it if the Series was still going on.

But the Yankees didn't announce their manager yet. That won't be done for at least a few days. All that was said - through unofficial channels - is that they offered it to Joe Girardi.

As far as A-Rod goes. After defending him even when he was bashed for the first 3 years here, all I can say is never underestimate peoples love of money.

Captain Chaos

The Yankees COULDN'T announce it if MLB wouldn't give permission.. The Yankees aren't above MLB... if they had their manager signed, and wanted to announce it today, providing the WS was still going on, then they would have had to ask for permission... If MLB were to say no, then they would have had to wait... And, if they were to announce today, and a Game 5 were needed, then it wasn't going to interfere with any celebration now, would it?? nope... and, MLB usually does not stop a team from making an announcement...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom