Recipe???

Nj4mwc

Sorry if it was posted but I couldn't find using the search, does any one have the lentil stew recipe from Africa at this years food and wine? I could eat it by the bucket full

Tatania

Sorry if it was posted but I couldn't find using the search, does any one have the lentil stew recipe from Africa at this years food and wine? I could eat it by the bucket full
I'm making it tomorrow.

Spicy Ethiopian and Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa

Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Africa 2017
Yield : 4 Servings

Generously seasoned, this flavorful, vegetarian version of a hearty African stew gets even more protein from quinoa and yogurt toppings . You can toast the naan for chips, but the pillowy flatbread is just as delicious simply served warm on the side for sopping up the stew.

ETHIOPIAN STEW
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 medium yellow onions, julienned
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups red lentils, rinsed
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 cup parsley. chopped

VEGAN 'SOUR CREAM'
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
4 tablespoons lemon juice

GARNISH
1 cup cooked quinoa

For Ethiopian Stew
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 8 minutes, until onions are tender.
2. Increase heat to high. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
3. Stir in lentils, chili powder, paprika , salt, coriander, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and cayenne pepper.
4. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes, unlit lentils ore soft and slew is thickened. Stir in parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Keep worm until ready to serve

To Serve.
1. Place stew in 4 bowls Top each bowl with quinoa and 1 tablespoon of vegan sour cream

BillVol

Hoop De Doo Review used to have a cheese spread (served with crackers) as an appetizer. All tables got this and it came with the meal. This goes back to the mid-'80s. I have the recipe in a Disney recipe book that I can't find. Could anyone share that recipe? I always thought the recipe had one mistake (too much half and half) because it came out so thin. But when you let it cool off in the fridge and then scooped it out with a small melon scoop, it was just like the one at Hoop De Doo.

(Just noticed this is my first post after having joined in 2003. It took me awhile, but glad to finally be on board!)

NeedMoreMickey

Has anyone made the Le collier Cheddar Cheese Soup and added potatoes? I made the soup last winter and my husband asked if I made it again if I could add potatoes. I don't like to cook and I usually keep the directions simple and quick but I love this soup so I tired it. Was wondering if need to add any extra liquid if I add potatoes.

tigsmom

Hoop De Doo Review used to have a cheese spread (served with crackers) as an appetizer. All tables got this and it came with the meal. This goes back to the mid-'80s. I have the recipe in a Disney recipe book that I can't find. Could anyone share that recipe? I always thought the recipe had one mistake (too much half and half) because it came out so thin. But when you let it cool off in the fridge and then scooped it out with a small melon scoop, it was just like the one at Hoop De Doo.

(Just noticed this is my first post after having joined in 2003. It took me awhile, but glad to finally be on board!)

Sorry this took so long, but I'm not a very active member any longer and just check in when I can ...

Fort Wilderness: Pioneer Hall Cheese Dip

3/4 Cup Half and Half
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon White Pepper
1/8 Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
3/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese -- grated
1 Package Cream Cheese -- (8 oz) softened
Heat half and half with chili powder, stirring to blend and let simmer for
a few minutes. Add salt. white pepper and Tabasco sauce. Put cheeses in a
bowl and gradually add the hot liquid. Stir until cheeses are mixed. Other
seasonings may be added as desired. Serve with crackers or fresh
vegetables.

tigsmom

Does anyone happen to have a recipe for either the Asian Noodle (cold) salad from Bradley Falls kiosk at Animal Kingdom, or the Asian Noodle Salad from Sunshine Seasons in Epcot?
Had both on this trip and fell in love. I suppose it's mostly the recipe for the sauce/dressing that's needed as the other ingredients are mainly noodles and mixed veggies.
Or do you have a recipe that's similar taste wise?

Haven't been able to find a recipe, but this is the description; maybe you can play around a bit?

The Asian Noodles at The Bradley Kiosk in the Animal Kingdom. They are sweet, sour, and spicy with fresh broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and red pepper with a hint of sesame oil. The dish is garnished with black sesame seeds and green onion!

huwar18

Hey Everyone!

I am new to this part of the site. I am usually under the rumors forum. We just got back from our trip yesterday. We had a great week at Disney for the millionth time :p. We ate breakfast at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot last week and the French Toast Bread Pudding was amazing. Does anyone have that recipe?

Thanks,

Zac

tigsmom

Hey Everyone!

I am new to this part of the site. I am usually under the rumors forum. We just got back from our trip yesterday. We had a great week at Disney for the millionth time :p. We ate breakfast at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot last week and the French Toast Bread Pudding was amazing. Does anyone have that recipe?

Thanks,

Zac
Haven't seen it anywhere. I always try to remember to ask for a recipe when I'm there as I've not had much luck lately requesting them afterwards.

KBLovedDisney

Ate at BOG three times in my recent trip, and had the gray stuff twice.

The Gray Stuff, anyone got a recipe for this or know where I can purchase a cupcake of the same flavor icing w/ chocolate dots?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Ate at BOG three times in my recent trip, and had the gray stuff twice.

The Gray Stuff, anyone got a recipe for this or know where I can purchase a cupcake of the same flavor icing w/ chocolate dots?
The easiest “hack” is to add crushed Oreo cookies to Cool Whip (to your taste preference.) The “pearls” on the icing can be found wherever cake baking supplies are sold (like Michaels, JoAnn’s, etc.)

anchorman314

The easiest “hack” is to add crushed Oreo cookies to Cool Whip (to your taste preference.) The “pearls” on the icing can be found wherever cake baking supplies are sold (like Michaels, JoAnn’s, etc.)
Kraft has gone ahead and cut out a step from that hack. They now sell Cool Whip Mix Ins in Oreo and Brownie flavors. The Oreo flavor is dangerously delicious.

tigsmom

Haven't seen an official recipe, but the copy-cats abound! We try not to put up the copy cats, but everyone loves this one:

The Grey Stuff

• 1 (3.4 ounce) pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
  • 1 1/2 cups Whole (or 2%) Milk
  • 15 Oreos (regular, not double-stuffed)
  • 1 (8 ounce) tub Whipped Topping
  • 3 tablespoons Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
  • Edible Pearl Sprinkles

Instructions

1. Mix entire contents of vanilla pudding mix and milk in a large bowl with a whisk.
  2. Set in fridge to chill 5 – 10 minutes.
  3. Place Oreos in food processor and blend until they are fine crumbs (no large chunks). If you don’t have a food processor, you can place them into a gallon-size freezer bag and smash using a rolling pin.
  4. Take the pudding from the fridge and mix in the crushed Oreos.
  5. Fold in the tub of whipped topping.
  6. Mix in the chocolate pudding mix and stir well.
  7. Place back in fridge to chill for at least one hour before serving.
  8. To serve, spoon into a cake decorating bag fitted with a star tip and swirl onto a dish.
  9. Top with a few edible pearl sprinkles.

tigsmom

Swan & Dolphin

Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll
Ingredients:
3/4 cup browned butter hollandaise (see recipe below)
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 dash hot sauce (preferably Tabasco)
5 each 1.5 lb. lobsters
1 lb. hot melted butter
3 small scallions (thinly sliced - about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup butter (softened)
4 each New England style split-top hot dog rolls
Preparation:
In a small bowl, whisk the browned butter hollandaise, mustard, hot sauce. Transfer to a small covered container and keep warm but not hot.
Put about 1 inch of well-salted water in a 16- to 20-quart steamer pot, cover, and bring the water to a rolling boil. Meanwhile.
When the pot fills with steam, put in the lobsters. Cover the pot and steam the lobsters until the shells are bright red and the antennae can be easily pulled off, 9 to 11 minutes.
Transfer the cooked lobsters to a baking sheet and let sit at room temperature until they’re cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the shells and cut the lobster into bite-sized pieces. Immediately add the picked and still slightly warm lobster meat to the pot with the melted whole butter.
Remove the warm lobster from the butter and let drain on a cooling rack until most of the butter has dripped off. Add the drained lobster to the browned butter hollandaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, stir the scallions into the lobster salad. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spread the butter on the flat outsides of the hot dog buns. Toast the buns in the skillet, turning once, until golden-brown, about 3 minutes total. Remove from the heat.
Gently open the buns and place the divided lobster salad among the buns and serve immediately.

Browned Butter Hollandaise
Ingredients:
4 each egg yolks
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup unsalted butter, browned until a nutty aroma prevails
Pinch cayenne
Pinch salt
Preparation:
Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl over a double boiler until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble. Slowly drizzle in the ½ cup of melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from heat, then whisk in the ¼ cup browned butter, cayenne, pepper, and salt.
Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the Lobster rolls. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before use.​

From the kitchens of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Does anybody know the recipe or the brand if Disney doesn't make their own of the black bean dip from the Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at DHS?

macsmom

Does anyone have the recipe for the Shrimp & Crab Fondue from Sci-Fi Theatre? I splurged this summer and got that before my meal and ate almost all of it by myself. Next time I might not get an entrée!

Paper straw fan

My wife either bought the WDW cookbook with a lot of recipes from all WDW dining, or meant to (I can’t keep track of what she buys there, but seeing as she’s slightly ahead of me as chief breadwinner, and way ahead as WDW vacation planner, I’m not complaining) but I will sniff around the recent purchases and see this week.

I’ve considered making the Brewat rolls from Rest. Marrakech, but just the many layers of phyllo dough it takes to make them... I can just go there and enjoy them 2-4 times a year and have it be a special treat instead.

tigsmom

My wife either bought the WDW cookbook with a lot of recipes from all WDW dining, or meant to (I can’t keep track of what she buys there, but seeing as she’s slightly ahead of me as chief breadwinner, and way ahead as WDW vacation planner, I’m not complaining) but I will sniff around the recent purchases and see this week.

I’ve considered making the Brewat rolls from Rest. Marrakech, but just the many layers of phyllo dough it takes to make them... I can just go there and enjoy them 2-4 times a year and have it be a special treat instead.

I've made many Disney recipes at home, but it's just not the same...I miss the "magic"

Paper straw fan

I've made many Disney recipes at home, but it's just not the same...I miss the "magic"

There’s a couple from F&W that we made a little better at home, but yeah mostly it’s not the same. I don’t use a lot of salt or butter at home, and dining out seems to usually have lots of both, for better and for worse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom