Recipe???

otterdisbelief

Was at Disney Springs yesterday and went to Chicken Guy (among other places). I tried being a bit adventurous (I'm usually an exceptionally picky eater) and tried the cumin lime mojo sauce there and really quite liked it. Was wondering if by chance anyone knew of a copycat recipe for that sauce, as I'd certainly like to replicate it at home since there's not one of those locations near me!

Trish1120

Ask and you shall receive (most of the time. :lol: )

Pollo A Las Rajas from San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot's Mexican Pavilion

Yield: 4 servings.

4 chicken breast halves

1 cup of chorizo, casing removed and diced

1 large red bell pepper

1 large Spanish onion

1 large poblano chili

1 garlic clove, chopped

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

5 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cup sour cream

1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

1/2 cup half-and-half cream

1. Season the chicken breast halves with garlic, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken breast halves in a roasting pan (uncovered) and cook in the oven at 350{degree} F for 20 minutes or until cooked.

2. In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and lightly sauté poblano pepper until skin starts separating. Peel skin from poblano pepper. Make a slit and remove all the seeds. Slice onion, bell pepper, and poblano pepper into strips.

3. In a heavy skillet heat remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and add chorizo, garlic, onion, and peppers. Cook over medium high heat stirring occasionally until onions and peppers are soft.

4. Add sour cream, half-and-half, black pepper and salt and simmer for three minutes.

5. On ovenproof serving dishes, place 3/4 cup of vegetable mixture. Top with roasted chicken breast. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese on each serving plate. Broil until cheese melts and turns golden. Serve.

Nutrition information per serving
Calories631Fat47 g (23 sat.)Carbohydrate10 gCholesterol164 mgSodium643 mgProtein42 g
Amazing! Thanks!!

MickeyLuv'r

These recipes come from Swan Dolphin. I don't know if they are served there, I just received the recipes.

Lobster Roll with Browned Butter Hollandaise​

Ingredients:
3/4 cup browned butter hollandaise (see recipe below)
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 dash hot sauce (preferably Tabasco)
5 each 1.5 lb. lobsters
1 lb. hot melted butter
3 small scallions (thinly sliced - about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup butter (softened)
4 each New England style split-top hot dog rolls
Preparation:
In a small bowl, whisk the browned butter hollandaise, mustard, hot sauce. Transfer to a small covered container and keep warm but not hot.
Put about 1 inch of well-salted water in a 16- to 20-quart steamer pot, cover, and bring the water to a rolling boil. Meanwhile.
When the pot fills with steam, put in the lobsters. Cover the pot and steam the lobsters until the shells are bright red and the antennae can be easily pulled off, 9 to 11 minutes.
Transfer the cooked lobsters to a baking sheet and let sit at room temperature until they’re cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the shells and cut the lobster into bite-sized pieces. Immediately add the picked and still slightly warm lobster meat to the pot with the melted whole butter.
Remove the warm lobster from the butter and let drain on a cooling rack until most of the butter has dripped off. Add the drained lobster to the browned butter hollandaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, stir the scallions into the lobster salad. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spread the butter on the flat outsides of the hot dog buns. Toast the buns in the skillet, turning once, until golden-brown, about 3 minutes total. Remove from the heat.
Gently open the buns and place the divided lobster salad among the buns and serve immediately.

Browned Butter Hollandaise​

Ingredients:
4 each egg yolks
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup unsalted butter, browned until a nutty aroma prevails
Pinch cayenne
Pinch salt
Preparation:
Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl over a double boiler until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble. Slowly drizzle in the ½ cup of melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from heat, then whisk in the ¼ cup browned butter, cayenne, pepper, and salt.
Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the Lobster rolls. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before use.

1018.jpg

Click here for a larger view.

MickeyLuv'r

Meat Lasagna​

Ingredients:
3 each fresh pasta sheets
9 cups bolognese sauce (recipe below)
6 cups ricotta mixture (recipe below)
3 cups tomato basil sauce - cooled (recipe below)
4 oz. béchamel sauce - cooled (recipe below)
4 oz. mozzarella cheese - shredded
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 13x9 inch pan, spread 1 cup of tomato basil sauce along the bottom. Lay 1 pasta sheet on top of the sauce, then spread half of the ricotta mixture evenly, followed by half of the béchamel sauce. Next spread half of the Bolognese sauce. Repeat the layers 1 more time starting with tomato basil sauce. Then top with the last pasta sheet and 1 cup of tomato basil sauce. Cover with parchment paper and aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Top with mozzarella and put back in oven for additional 10 minutes until melted and golden brown.
Bolognese Sauce
Ingredients:

1 oz. olive oil
26 oz. whole peeled tomatoes (crushed)
3 oz. tomato paste
3 oz. red wine
3 oz. carrots (peeled and ground)
3 oz. celery (cleaned and ground)
6 oz. onion (peeled and large diced)
1 each bay leaf
1/2 oz. dried porcini mushrooms (rehydrated)
1 oz. shallots (chopped)
20 oz. ground beef
20 oz. ground pork
10 oz. ground veal
1 oz. dried sausage (ground)
5 oz. veak stock
4 oz. unsalted butter
To taste salt
To taste white pepper (ground)
Preparation:

In large pot, heat oil and add shallots, mushrooms, and cook until translucent. Add carrots, celery and onions and cook until tender. Next add beef, pork and veal and sauté until fully cooked breaking up any large pieces. Deglaze with red wine and reduce by half. Add veal stock and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and let simmer for 1 hour. Skim the fat from the top while it simmers. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly stir in the butter until completely melted.

Tomato Basil Sauce
Ingredients:

66 oz. whole peeled tomatoes (crushed)
2 each medium sized yellow onions (peeled and small diced)
2 oz. fresh basil (rough chopped)
3 oz. olive oil
22 oz. water
6 oz. butter
To taste salt
Preparation:

In large pot heat the olive oil. Add the onions and lightly sweat until tender and lightly colored. Add basil and cook for 10 minutes. Next add the crushed tomatoes and water. Bring to simmer and skim any impurities off the top. Continue simmering for 45 minutes. Add butter and season. Sauce will be a thicker consistency.
Bechamel Sauce
Ingredients:

3.75 oz. butter
3.75 oz. flour
10 cups whole milk
11 pinch ground nutmeg
To taste salt
To taste white pepper
Preparation:

In sauce pot, melt butter. Add in flour and mix together until smooth. Continue cooking butter and flour mixture until slight nutty aroma appears. Whisk the cold milk in 3 parts to the butter flour mixture stirring constantly. Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes sBrring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Strain sauce.

Ricotta Mix
Ingredients:

48 oz. ricotta cheese
2 tsp. dried oregano
6 each eggs
2 tsp. black pepper (finely ground)
Preparation:
In large mixing bowl add ricotta, oregano, and pepper. On low speed slowly incorporate eggs one at a time. Mixture will feel semi-firm to touch once eggs are fully incorporated.
0318.jpg

Click here for a larger vi

I don't make this full recipe, but I do make the tomato basil sauce all the time. This one, as written is calling for canned whole tomato (ideal is San Marzano - no salt added), but I make with fresh tomato in summer, and or eggplant, and or maybe other summer veggies. Start with onions, and chop/add a bunch of summer veggies. I probably don't add quite as much water as listed in recipe. Another trick is to add wine or (tempered) cream.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

ARANCINI​

Ingredients:
4 oz.
4 oz.
7 oz.
1 each
2 oz.
4 each
3 oz.
4 oz.
2 tbsp.
arancini breading (recipe below)
spicy tomato sauce (recipe below)
risotto - cooked (recipe below)
low moisture mozzarella block (1/2” diced cubes)
muenster cheese (sliced)
eggs
milk
flour
ricotta salata
Preparation:

Roll approximately 5 ounces of the cooked risotto into a ball. Make room in the center for the cheese.
Place the diced low moisture mozzarella encapsulated with the sliced Munster Cheese in the center of the risotto ball and roll the risotto again to seal in the cheese.
Make an egg wash by combining the egg and milk and whisking them together. Dredge the arancini in the flour, then the egg wash, and then in the arancini breading twice. Make sure everything is evenly covered with the breading.
Fry the arancini at 325 degrees until golden brown. Place the arancini on a baking rack and then bake at 350°F until the center is hot and the cheese is melted.
Pour spicy tomato sauce on to the plate. Place the arancini on top of the sauce. Garnish with the grated ricotta salata.
ARANCINI BREADING
Ingredients:
3 cups

1 cup
To taste
panko bread crumbs (spun in food processor and pass through strainer)
pecorino romano cheese (finely grated)
salt and black pepper
Preparations:

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
RISOTTO
Ingredients:
18 oz.
1 each
32 oz.
16 oz.
5 oz.
8 oz.
1 tsp.
1 tsp.
1 tsp.
1 oz.
To taste
carnaroli rice
white onion (minced extra fine - smaller than a grain of rice)
chicken stock
heavy cream (whipped)
dry vermouth
butter (diced)
chives (minced)
parsley (finely chopped)
fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
olive oil
salt and black pepper
Preparations:

Heat the chicken stock and keep at a low simmer. Heat olive oil in a large shallow pot on medium heat. Add onions to the pot and sweat (cook until soft with no color). Continue to cook the onions until there is no moisture in the pot.
Add the rice and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Constantly stir to toast the rice. The rice should be hot to the touch but with no color.
Deglaze the pan with the vermouth, and cook until all of the vermouth has evaporated and there is no longer the smell of alcohol coming from the pot.
Begin to slowly add the hot stock. While stirring, ladle in hot stock, one ladle at a time. When the stock has been fully absorbed by the rice, add another ladle of stock. Repeat this process until the rice is fully cooked. Remember to constantly stir and not let the rice stick to the pan.
When rice is cooked add the whipped cream and stir. Add the butter and stir to emulsify throughout. Finish with the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
Pour rice into a heat resistant dish and spread evenly. Allow to cool in the refrigerator overnight before rolling arancini.
SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
Ingredients:
8 oz.
1 1/2 tbsp.
1/2 tbsp.
1 tbsp.
1/2 oz.
To taste
tomato basil sauce (recipe below)
white onion (minced)
clove garlic (minced)
crushed red chili flakes
olive oil
salt and black pepper
Preparations:

Sweat onions and garlic in a pot over medium heat. Add in the chili flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes allowing the chili flakes to bloom. Add tomato basil sauce and reduce until it is thick and you see no separation of tomato and water when placed on a plate. Season with salt and pepper.

TOMATO BASIL SAUCE
Ingredients:
1 each
1/2 each
3 tbsp.
4 oz.
8 oz.
4 oz.
To taste
#10 can whole tomatoes (peeled and crushed by hand)
yellow onion - medium sized (finely minced)
fresh basil leaves (finely minced)
olive oil
water
butter
salt and black pepper
Preparations:

Pick the basil leaves and mince finely. Press tomatoes through a mesh strainer with a whisk or by hand. Heat olive oil in a large pot.
Add onions and sauté until the onions are tender and have a little color. Add basil and cook for 10 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and water. Bring to a simmer and skim the surface of any impurities. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Add butter and season with salt.
0517.jpg

Click here for a larger view.
Also from Swan and Dolphin​

tigsmom

Haven’t checked in here in quite sometime. I no longer participate on a regular basis and have not maintained the master list for quite awhile. Had a very bad house fire in April and lost my computer that had the previous list saved. If anyone wants to maintain a list please feel free to take it over.

adriah

Haven’t checked in here in quite sometime. I no longer participate on a regular basis and have not maintained the master list for quite awhile. Had a very bad house fire in April and lost my computer that had the previous list saved. If anyone wants to maintain a list please feel free to take it over.
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this!!! Hi Tigsmom!!! I have been following this forum for YEARS. It's master list would definitely be a tough one to take over... I wish someone would take all these recipes and put them into a book! Seeing you here today makes me so happy! I just happened to be on here in search of a good chicken or soup recipe... it is dark, cold, wet and dreary here in Oregon and is pretty depressing, definitely the worst time of the year.

tigsmom

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this!!! Hi Tigsmom!!! I have been following this forum for YEARS. It's master list would definitely be a tough one to take over... I wish someone would take all these recipes and put them into a book! Seeing you here today makes me so happy! I just happened to be on here in search of a good chicken or soup recipe... it is dark, cold, wet and dreary here in Oregon and is pretty depressing, definitely the worst time of the year.
Thanks so much! Its cold & damp here in NY and its rough on these old arthritic bones. 😆

TinkerTara

I am sorry to hear about your house fire. Thank you for all you have done. I look forward to trying the arancini recipe. I agree upstate NY can get cold.

Very sorry to hear this. I hope 2022 is kinder to you and your family :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom