Recipe???

kverdon

FWIW, I did request the Gjetost Cheesecake recipe while still on property. I requested it at the bakery who directed me to Epcot Guest relations where they said I had to fill out a request form. I went to guest relations who had never heard of such a form so they handed me a buis. card with the guest relations email on it and told me to email my request. I did so immediately from my phone and got the above response. So, no, it does not seem to matter if you are there or not.

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

NonnaT

Sorry DisneyGrandma, I couldn't find the recipe you were looking for. I know that if you ask a chef for a recipe at one of the WDW eateries they will give it to you. Hopefully someone has asked for our recipes in the past and will pull through for us. In the mean time here is a recipe for P.M. Citrus Salad from Narcoossee's

yield : one serving

1/4 cup parmesan cheese.................1/4 cup tomato chopped
freshly grated..............................2 slices avocado
4 orange sections, peeled.................2 cups salad greens,fresh
4 grapefruit sections peeled..............citrus salad dressing
1/4 cup pecan meats..........................(recipe follows)
Lime wedges

Toss all ingredients lightly with fresh salad greens. Refrigerate. Serve wth citrus salad dressing and lime wedges.

Citrus Salad Dressing

yield: one quart

1/2 cup maynnaise...........................6 tablespoons dry mustard
2 cups key lime juice........................1 cup pineapple vinegar

Blend all ingredients until smooth and refrigerate

there you go I will try to add at least one recipe a week until we have them all :drevil:
Oh my goodness, I can't wait to try thi . It sounds yummy!!! NonnaT

NonnaT

Zebra Coffee Domes from AKL

Yield: 16 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound milk chocolate
¼ cup espresso coffee
5 egg yolks
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
6 sheets gelatin
½ cup Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups heavy cream
¾ cup white chocolate ganache
¼ cup dark chocolate ganache

Method:

1. Melt milk chocolate.
2. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
3. Mix yolks with sugar.
4. Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.
5. Mix gelatin with Kahlua and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.
6. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.
7. Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.
8. Fold in the rest of the cream.
9. Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.
10. Place sponge circle (1/4" thick yellow cake cut in a circle) on top. Leave in the freezer to set.
11. Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.
12. Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.
13. Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a stripe design of chocolate ganache over the dome.
14. Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
15. Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.
16. Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.

Note: One sheet of gelatin is equal to one teaspoon of unflavored powdered gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup of water.
So glad you posted this, I was totally unaware there was alcohol involved, especially since these are not limited to adults. Thank you! NonnaT

tigsmom

I'm sure you can replace the Kahlua with water, more coffee or a mixture of both; maybe even some cream. The taste would be changed, but should not be too much

NonnaT

Ohhh. I'm not thinking of making them! Lol! My culinary skills stop short of pastry and desserts! (I'm better at savory . I am just glad to know that there is ETOH in them for my own self! Sparkle on!

Club Cooloholic

La Hacienda has this amazing corn that is a side to the Seafood-Del-Mar-platter for two. I was wondering if anyone had a recipe or knows what makes it so dang good? I am a month now after the trip and still thinking about it, and usually I am not into corn as a side.

EvilQueen-T

These showed up on our memory maker as an extra. They're recipes from this years food and wine.

If anyone happens to be eating at Trattoria al Forno in the near future if you can think to ask what they use for the "truffle cream" on the truffle cream flat bread pizza I'd be 10lbs heavier and eternally grateful lol. I know the cheeses they use (fontina, asiago, and pecorino romano) but just basically wonder if they just use heavy cream, real truffles or truffle oil, and anything else for the truffle cream. It was soooo yummy.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
These showed up on our memory maker as an extra. They're recipes from this years food and wine.

If anyone happens to be eating at Trattoria al Forno in the near future if you can think to ask what they use for the "truffle cream" on the truffle cream flat bread pizza I'd be 10lbs heavier and eternally grateful lol. I know the cheeses they use (fontina, asiago, and pecorino romano) but just basically wonder if they just use heavy cream, real truffles or truffle oil, and anything else for the truffle cream. It was soooo yummy.
That's cool!

ktflisa

This is a long shot I know... but the Sangria I had at the Mexico kiosk may be the best I have ever had. And I am in Texas! Any one out there have the recipe? It would have to be pretty exact, as there are a million Sangria recipes out there. I wish I had asked while I was there - but they may not have shared anyway.

tigsmom

Loving the food and wine recipes! Going to make the pierogi for the holidays.
Sorry I haven't checked back sooner, but I've been without a computer for months and it's hard to work from my phone...I'll see if I can find the requested recipes.

SwedishBee

Has anyone come across a recipe for "Lion Chow" from Animal Kingdom Harambe Nights?
Harambe-Nights_Full_21347.jpg

tigsmom

Does anybody have the recipe for the vegetarian haggis that was served at the last two Food and Wine Fests?
Have been doing some research and it appears the recipe may be in a cookbook from the F&W . I have this book, but can't put my finger on it right now (things got moved around for Christmas); as soon as I can find it I'll get back to you.

EvilQueen-T

I've been to the Mexican Tequila tasting lunch at La Hacienda during food and wine twice over the past few years and they've had amazing soups that sadly aren't on their regular menu. One was a cream of cilantro soup and this last fall was a creamy roasted poblano soup. We're not going to be back for a while and was wondering if someone is eating there if they could try to remember to ask for the recipes. Thanks in advance!

phrog

I'm going in 55 days anybody still in need of recipes? I have the mama melrose chicken parm, since the fiance was bragging about theirs six months before we ate there. I have since made a better one that made him forget all about that one.

P_Radden

Not sure if it's been discussed, does anyone happen to know the recipe for the Horseradish Dipping Sauce they serve at Sci-Fi Dine-In with the fried pickles? It's so good!

tigsmom

Not sure if it's been discussed, does anyone happen to know the recipe for the Horseradish Dipping Sauce they serve at Sci-Fi Dine-In with the fried pickles? It's so good!

The menu says it's a spicy ranch sauce so maybe add some white prepared horseradish to ranch dressing? I'll look and see if there is a real recipe from Disney posted somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom