Recipe???

tigsmom

Quick question- I've scoured the net and the cookbooks I do have to no avail. I'm looking for a pre-Princess dining Akershus recipe: the Jarlsberg mac and cheese w/ ham. I've made an approximation that's goood, but have never quite replicated the flavor.

Throwing my daughter a Frozen birthday party this weekened w/ a semi-traditional smorgasbord and I thought this would be somewhat fitting to include.
Did some poking around and did not find the recipe, I'm off tomorrow and I'll look some more

tribbleorlfl

Fyi, I ended up using the "Gratin de Macaroni" recipe from Chefs du Fran but substituted the Jarlsberg for Gruyerre and added some ham and sauteed onion. Came out exactly how I remembered it at Akershus. Thanks for checking.

tigsmom

Fyi, I ended up using the "Gratin de Macaroni" recipe from Chefs du Fran but substituted the Jarlsberg for Gruyerre and added some ham and sauteed onion. Came out exactly how I remembered it at Akershus. Thanks for checking.

Great idea! I didn't find the recipe you wanted and didn't get back to tell you because I had to take my DD back to school...sorry.

acr123

Anyone have the recipe for the Tuna Steak and Noodles they used to serve at the 50's Primetime Cafe in Disney Hollywood Studios?

Disappointed it is no-longer on their menu!!! It was SO GOOD!

MermaidJuli

Now that the menus have been released for the upcoming Epcot Flower & Garden festival, I am so sad to learn that my favorite item from 2014 will not be returning! I've looked around online to see if I could find a recipe posted for it but I haven't had any luck. So I thought I would check here :)

Anyone have anything for the "Potato, Chive and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare and Sour Cream" from the Buttercup Cottage booth at 2013/2014 Flower & Garden Festival?

Thank you for any thoughts!

EvilQueen-T

I got these recipes in with my passholder email. They're recipes from the flower and garden festival.

Watermelon Salad from Florida Fresh Booth Epcot F&G
Serves 6

For balsamic vinaigrette
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons finely diced shallots
2 tablespoons roasted garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil Coarse salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Combine white balsamic vinegar, shallots, garlic, honey and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until well combined. 2. With blender running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Blend until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

For pickled onions
½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1½ cups water ¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
1 tablespoon salt
¼ pound red onions, sliced into ¼-inch-thick rings

1. If using frozen raspberries, thaw. Purée raspberries in a food processor. Pour purée through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard seeds; set purée aside.
2. Combine raspberry purée, water, sugar, grenadine and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar.
3. Add onions; stir to coat, then remove from heat. Set aside 20 minutes.

For watermelon salad
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
3 cups baby arugula
¼ cup white balsamic vinaigrette
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup pickled onion
¼ cup balsamic glaze*
½ cup crumbled feta cheese

1. Divide watermelon among plates. Toss arugula with white balsamic vinaigrette in a medium bowl; lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. Top each portion of watermelon with arugula. Top each serving with 2 to 3 picked onion rings, then sprinkle with feta. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.

*Cook’s Note Balsamic glaze can be found in most supermarkets in the oil and vinegar aisle. To make your own, place 2 cups balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to ¼ cup, about 40 minutes.

----------------
Shrimp & Grits
Serves 4

For broth
1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup diced andouille sausage
½ cup finely diced yellow onion
½ cup finely diced green peppers
½ cup finely diced celery
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
4 cups chicken broth
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
½ cup finely diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro

1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add andouille, cooking until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, cooking until translucent. Add celery, peppers and Cajun seasoning, cooking until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes more.
2. Add broth; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes.
3. Puree with a hand blender, or carefully pour broth into a blender and blend until completely pureed. Blend in butter with hand blender or add butter to blender, and blend again until well combined.
4. Stir in tomatoes and cilantro.

For grits
4 cups water
1 cup quick grits
1 teaspoon coarse salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Bring water to a boil; whisk in grits and salt. Cook, whisking, 1 minute.
2. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until grits are tender. Stir in butter and Parmesan.

For shrimp
1 teaspoon olive oil
¾ cup finely diced andouille sausage
½ cup finely diced yellow onion
½ cup finely diced green pepper
½ cup finely diced celery
½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 pound medium (16 to 20 count) fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ cup fresh corn Fresh cilantro, for garnish

1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add andouille, cooking until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, pepper, celery and Cajun seasoning, cooking until vegetables soften, about 4 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in corn, cooking 1 minute more. To serve Divide grits among 4 serving bowls. Divide shrimp and vegetable mixture among grits, then ladle broth over top. Garnish with fresh cilantro.

kverdon

Does anyone have the recipe for the Gjetost Cheesecake at the Kringla Bakeri in Norway? We had some today and would really love to make it for one our best friends for her birthday. She loves the Gjetost Cheese.

Thanks,

Kevin and Mona

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Does anyone have the recipe for the Gjetost Cheesecake at the Kringla Bakeri in Norway? We had some today and would really love to make it for one our best friends for her birthday. She loves the Gjetost Cheese.

Thanks,

Kevin and Mona
Not Disney's, but this should get you pretty close.

http://www.nordicnibbler.com/2011/09/norwegian-baked-cheesecake-with-brunost.html

Note, brunost is Gjetost...and it's used for the topping.
Also, replace the pecans with sliced almonds.
I also believe they sprinkled the top with some shredded gjetost in the last 10 or 15 minutes of cooking or so, to create that "carmelized" crust look on top that is between the top of the cheesecake and below the nuts/caramel sauce layer (the recipe I linked did not do this).

I'd be happy to give the recipe a whirl this weekend if you want a guinea pig to try it out first. <grin>

CheshireCat12

I am looking for the recipe for Orechiette pasta with smoked salmon- it is from Palo on the Disney Dream (brunch). Internet searches are turning up empty. Anyone have it?

kverdon

Not Disney's, but this should get you pretty close.

http://www.nordicnibbler.com/2011/09/norwegian-baked-cheesecake-with-brunost.html

Note, brunost is Gjetost...and it's used for the topping.
Also, replace the pecans with sliced almonds.
I also believe they sprinkled the top with some shredded gjetost in the last 10 or 15 minutes of cooking or so, to create that "carmelized" crust look on top that is between the top of the cheesecake and below the nuts/caramel sauce layer (the recipe I linked did not do this).

I'd be happy to give the recipe a whirl this weekend if you want a guinea pig to try it out first. <grin>

If you want to give this recipe a test run, have at it!!! We will all appreciate your bravery and sacrifice

kverdon

I'll turn out...something. Won't say it will be good, but it will be something! <grin>

I'll post results here.

Well looks like it is up to you. I requested the recipe and was denied :-( Here was the response.

We want to thank you for your patience while we were attempting to obtain the recipe for the Gjetost Cheesecake that you enjoyed at the during your visit.

Unfortunately, the Chefs are unable to give us this recipe for home use. We are sorry this is not the favorable response you were anticipating; we appreciate your understanding.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well looks like it is up to you. I requested the recipe and was denied :-( Here was the response.

We want to thank you for your patience while we were attempting to obtain the recipe for the Gjetost Cheesecake that you enjoyed at the during your visit.

Unfortunately, the Chefs are unable to give us this recipe for home use. We are sorry this is not the favorable response you were anticipating; we appreciate your understanding.
I'm not a chef, but I'm fairly good at approximating Disney recipes (sortof a hobby of mine) I'll give that one a shot. As I said, it's fairly close to what they presented on the plate, and I have had that dish at Kringla, so that helps, but it's been a while.

I am still mulling how they got that cheese "crust" on the top, but I'm fairly certain it's a final melt of the cheese during baking, and they do it in a ramekin, which I have.

I dunno, I'll mull it over the next few days, I won't go ingredient hunting until Fri night, so, I have a bit to think.

If you want to see my previous stuff - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-week-of.883271/page-9#post-6593920

I've done some other things (Jikos and Le Cellier comes to mind) that are NOT posted on that thread, but it gives you an idea)

kverdon

I'm not a chef, but I'm fairly good at approximating Disney recipes (sortof a hobby of mine) I'll give that one a shot. As I said, it's fairly close to what they presented on the plate, and I have had that dish at Kringla, so that helps, but it's been a while.

I am still mulling how they got that cheese "crust" on the top, but I'm fairly certain it's a final melt of the cheese during baking, and they do it in a ramekin, which I have.

I dunno, I'll mull it over the next few days, I won't go ingredient hunting until Fri night, so, I have a bit to think.

If you want to see my previous stuff - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-week-of.883271/page-9#post-6593920

I've done some other things (Jikos and Le Cellier comes to mind) that are NOT posted on that thread, but it gives you an idea)

Have at it! Sounds like the cheesecake is in good hands! It is just for our Gjetost loving best friend's birthday desert so no pressure :)

tigsmom

It's been my experience that all recipe requests are being denied, I have been receiving that reply for at least the past 18 months , if not longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom