Recipe???

jlsHouston

I have gotten mine either in the gift shops at the hotels at WDW or through amazon or ebay; take a look and see what is out there, some are out of print so ebay would be a good choice. I have also found a few at yard sales around town.
this is one of the items on my list this trip!:)

tigsmom

My husband loves the salad dressing at the Hoop-Dee-Doo, does anyone have the recipe for it?

Well I heard back from WDW and we've gotten a recipe! :D Happy Cooking!

"We want to thank you for your patience while we obtained the recipe for
the Salad Dressing that you enjoyed at the Hoop De Doo Revue during
your visit. Please know, this recipe has been converted from a larger
quantity in the restaurant kitchens and not tested for home use. The
flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version."

Vinaigrette
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Chopped Green Olives
1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
1 tsp Chopped Red Pepper
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Chopped Parsley
1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1/2 tsp Chopped Green Onion
1/2 tsp Crushed Basil Leaves
1/2 tsp Chopped Spanish Onion
1/4 tsp Crushed Oregano Leaves
1/2 Each Garlic Clove
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Chopped Sweet Relish
1/2 Each Chopped Hard-Cooked Egg
1/2 tsp Chopped Capers
In a dressing bottle, combine Salt, Mustard, Sugar, Pepper, Basil,
Oregano, and Vinegar. Shake well. Then add Relish, Capers, Olives, Red
Pepper, Parsley, Onion, and Garlic. Mix. Add Vegetable Oil and Egg and
stir gently with a spoon

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm glad you found it! I worked all day yesterday and managed to make it through all of the hotels, I'll start on the parks next (if I can get my eyes to focus ;) )
I have decided we need to have a Disney meal or two as there are some recipes here I had forgotten about!
Happy Cooking!

Just wanted to say thanks for your dedication, tigsmom!! That's some task you've taken on...:)

tigsmom

Just wanted to say I made the cornbread from the Hoop Dee Do Review twice this week and it's as good as we remember!

Found a new recipe today coming to us from the Disney Food Blog...

Beer Cheese Soup
Big River Grille & Brewing Works
Boardwalk

• 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup thinly diced celery
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 5 cups chicken stock
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan Romano Cheese
  • 1/2 cup thinly diced carrots
  • 1/2 cup thinly diced onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 6 ounces cheddar cheese
  • 1 bottle (11 oz size) beer
  • salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter; saute vegetables until done but not browned. Blend in flour, dry mustard. Slowly add chicken stock, bring to a boil; cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Blend in cheddar cheese, Parmesan-Romano cheese, and beer. Let simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

real mad hatter

Well today I tried to create the impossible.How to make the "Magic Cookie Bar". I started by crushing my digestive biscuits then mixing in the melted margarine.I then put a sheet of greaseproof paper into my already non stick tray and layered the mixture into the tray,pressing down firmly.Then I put the desiccated coconut,followed by the nuts,choc chips,butterscotch,and finally drizzled the sweet condensed milk into every crevice.Baked in the oven for 30 mins at 180% . So after 30 mins it looked good when I took it out the oven,then disaster struck.My cookie was stuck to the tray.Eh I hear you ask.Well after some delicate surgical procedures,I managed to get it out.My DS thinks it's awesome.My DW thinks it's really good,and me,well it's not bad,but no way is it as good as the real thing.Back to the drawing boards.:)

tigsmom

Well today I tried to create the impossible.How to make the "Magic Cookie Bar". I started by crushing my digestive biscuits then mixing in the melted margarine.I then put a sheet of greaseproof paper into my already non stick tray and layered the mixture into the tray,pressing down firmly.Then I put the desiccated coconut,followed by the nuts,choc chips,butterscotch,and finally drizzled the sweet condensed milk into every crevice.Baked in the oven for 30 mins at 180% . So after 30 mins it looked good when I took it out the oven,then disaster struck.My cookie was stuck to the tray.Eh I hear you ask.Well after some delicate surgical procedures,I managed to get it out.My DS thinks it's awesome.My DW thinks it's really good,and me,well it's not bad,but no way is it as good as the real thing.Back to the drawing boards.:)

But at least you tried and they ate it! I swear it's the "magic" of WDW that makes everything taste sooo good! ;)

So after doing a bit of conversions it seems as if 180 is 356ish or so in temperature (our recipe calls for 350). Is your non stick pan's finish dark gray/black in color? If so then you should drop the temperature a bit to 160 ish (160.2778 for those math people, who we all know I am not :p ) and that may help with the sticking. Also I always spray a non stick pan anyway and instead of the parchment (or grease proof) paper try aluminium foil as that won't stick...make sure you leave enough to hang over the end of the pan so it's easy to lift out.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that our local grocery store (ShopRite) has an International aisle and my DD found digestive biscuits; not the same as graham crackers, but yummy in their own right :cool:

real mad hatter

But at least you tried and they ate it! I swear it's the "magic" of WDW that makes everything taste sooo good! ;)

So after doing a bit of conversions it seems as if 180 is 356ish or so in temperature (our recipe calls for 350). Is your non stick pan's finish dark gray/black in color? If so then you should drop the temperature a bit to 160 ish (160.2778 for those math people, who we all know I am not :p ) and that may help with the sticking. Also I always spray a non stick pan anyway and instead of the parchment (or grease proof) paper try aluminium foil as that won't stick...make sure you leave enough to hang over the end of the pan so it's easy to lift out.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that our local grocery store (ShopRite) has an International aisle and my DD found digestive biscuits; not the same as graham crackers, but yummy in their own right :cool:
Thanks for that.I will be trying again.:)

real mad hatter

Well my second batch of "Magic Cookie Bars" were made yesterday,and they were better than the first but this time I used aluminium foil and guess what.? It stuck worse than the greaseproof paper,but all was not lost.So I think it's time to ditch my old trays and buy some new ones.

vasilakos

blabla.gif

Modern culinary recipes normally consist of several components
  • The name (and often the locale or provenance) of the dish
  • How much time it will take to prepare the dish
  • The required ingredients along with their quantities or proportions
  • Necessary equipment and environment needed to prepare the dish
  • An ordered list of preparation steps
  • The number of servings that the recipe will provide (the "yield")
  • The texture and flavor
  • A photograph of the finished dish
Some recipes will note how long the dish will keep and its suitability for freezing. Nutritional information, such as calories per serving and grams of protein, fat, and carbohydrates per serving, may also be given.
Earlier recipes often included much less information, serving more as a reminder of ingredients and proportions for someone who already knew how to prepare the dish.
Recipe writers sometimes also list variations of a traditional dish, to give different tastes of the same recipes.

tigsmom

Well my second batch of "Magic Cookie Bars" were made yesterday,and they were better than the first but this time I used aluminium foil and guess what.? It stuck worse than the greaseproof paper,but all was not lost.So I think it's time to ditch my old trays and buy some new ones.

I have made these cookies many times and have never had a problem with sticking. If you are lining the pans then replacing them really won't help. Can you post your recipe or post a link to the one you are using and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: this is the recipe I use Magic Cookie Bars

cheryl1976wdw

Discovered this thread over the weekend and really enjoyed it. With my own upcoming trip to WDW I thought I'd take a stab at posting an updated list of the outstanding recipe requests. (with Tigmoms blessings of course) Hope that those of you also planning a trip might take a look at the list and see if we can help out the great contributors to this site with some additional recipes. The list is large so I'm going to break it up over a few posts. Thanks and good luck ;)

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Brown Derby
· Potato & Truffle Lasagnette
· Bananas foster cheesecake
· Dijon Crushed Potatoes
· Hollywood Brown Derby Crab Cake

50’s Prime Time – Root vegetable hash
Writers Stop -Carrot Cake Cookie
EPCOT

Garden Grill
· Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Joy of Tea
· Mango Green
Sunshine Seasons
· Cucumber sauce from the chicken flatbreads
Fountain View
· Sugar free cheesecake
Coral Reef
· Pasta with shrimp and sun dried tomatoes in a cream sauce
Le Cellier
· Cheesecake - Le Cellier
San Angel Inn
· Spiced cake
· Mole Poblano
· Guacamole – Mexican Cantina
Biergarten
· Liquid strudel drink
Tangerine Cafe
· Baklava or shwarma (sp?) recipes
Royal Akershus
· Potato Salad
· Venison Stew
· Pasta Akershus
· Lingonberry Tart
· Double chocolate cake
· Red wine beet sauce
· Cinnamon buns with a delicious creamy caramel icing/sauce
La Cava
· Tapas Crab Tostada
Teppan Edo
· Chocolate Ginger Cake
Rose & Crown
· Butter Poached Shrimp w/ Barley Risotto
· Tea Time Chicken

cheryl1976wdw

MAGIC KINGDOM

· Auntie Gravity's Cappuccino Smoothie
· Main Street Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
· Main Street Bakery Banana Bread Pudding Muffins
· Main Street Bakery Blueberry Muffins
· Pecos Bills Chicken Wrap sauce
· Pecos Bill's Baked/BBQ Beans
· Liberty Tree Tavern – Apple Craisin Cake
· Columbia Harbour House - Mac & Cheese
· Columbia Harbour House - Starboard Deck Sandwich
· Chicken Florentine at Tony's Town Square
· Cinderella Royal Table Chocolate Cake
· Cinderella Royal Table – Chicken & Dumpling Soup
Crystal Palace Ratatouille

ANIMAL KINGDOM

· Corn muffin – Tusker House buffet

CONTEMPORARY RESORT

California Grill
· Grilled Chicken, Chipolta Crema, Caramelized Onions-Peppers, and Tomatillo Salsa Flatbread
· Asparagus soup
· Crispy Petite Chicken with Potato Gnocchi, Creamy Kohlrabi, Pomegranate Reduction, and Chervil
· Salad at the CG that has the marinated anchovies
The Wave
· Linguini w/ Florida Littleneck Clams and Rock Shrimp w/ Chunky Tomato Broth

GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT

1900 Park Fare
· 1900 Park Fare – Cream of Asparagus soup
· 1900 Park Fare – Tomato Florentine soup

· Grand Floridian Café - Potato Cheddar soup
· Citricos Sauteed Shrimp w/ Lemon, white Wine, tomato & Feta
· Narcoossee’s - Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna Sticky Rice, Wasabi Tobiko, soy Glaze & Vegetable Rolls

POLYNESIAN RESORT

· Kona Café - Tuna Oscar
· Captain Cook – BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
· Captain Cook – Oatmeal Raisin cookies
· Ohana’s Pork Dumplings w/ Sweet & Sour Sauce

cheryl1976wdw

YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS

Cape May Café
· Mac ‘n cheese
· Salmon
Yachtsman Steakhouse
· Corn Chowder
· Mac ‘n Cheese

OLD KEY WEST RESORT

Olivia’s
· Barbecue/pulled pork sandwich
· Buffalo Chicken Soup & Caribbean Barbecued Grouper
· Olivia’s Breakfast Potatoes

BOARDWALK RESORT

Bakery
· Chocolate and Vanilla Pretzels
Spoodles
· Grilled Salmon with sweet onion risotto, red wine sauce, and crispy onions
· Gazpacho
· Scallops Au Gratin
Flying Fish
· Chocolate lava cake

PORT ORLEANS & RIVERSIDE

· Buttermilk pancakes from POR
· Pecan Pralines –PORS

FT WILDERNESS & WILDERNESS LODGE

· Trails end - Blackened tuna steaks & Yukon Gold smashed potatoes
· Artist Point - Grilled Buffalo Ribeye
· Artist Point – Pork chops
· Whispering Caynon - Cole slaw recipe

cheryl1976wdw

And finally......

POP CENTURY

· Western Omelet

DOWNTOWN DISNEY

· Captain Jack’s - Clam Chowder
· Captain Jack’s - Strawberry Margaritas
· Wolfgang Puck's - Apple Wood Smoked Breakfast Pizza
· Fultons Crab House – Cheesecake
· Earl of Sandwich – Potato Soup

Again, thanks.

tigsmom

Beautiful job Cheryl! Thanks so much for the time and effort! :cool:

Okay foodies!! We have our mission - try and find some of the food that have been requested! Happy eating ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom